PDA

View Full Version : Painting Questions.

Kikkoman
02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
My Celica when i bought it had no side or back windows. When i replaced them i could not get all of the tape and glue off of it because the fool use packaging. I also would like to just paint it because it has a lot of scratches and dings all over. Does any one know the process in painting a car? I bought a new trunk because the other one was junk, it was red mine is black. I have sanded the car down to bare metal now and ready do bondo prime and all the good that. I heard that just need to wet sand the clear cote with high grit for scratches and sand to bare metal for dents. Does any one have any advise of there own?

celicaGT90_05
02-03-2008, 10:30 PM
sounds like you're on the right track, they say sanding to bare metal is the best thing to do. Then make sure you have a good even prime throughout, apply a couple coats of paint like maybe 2-4, and maybe a coat or 2 of clear then wet sand/buff

Kikkoman
02-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks i have tryed looking up videos and they are either fragmented or just ppl who i would trust with a dollar. i dont think i will be able to bare metal the whole car but i some parts i will have to but for the scratches im just going to remove the clear with 2000 dry then 2000 wet i think thats what he said. iwould send pics but i cant get them to work