PDA

View Full Version : My new "practical" dream car

Sean
01-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Well, I probably wont be affording a Audi R8 anytime soon. I went to the Portland Autoshow last weekend, and as usual I took the pleasure of sitting in just about every car I could (including a surprisingly spacious toyota yaris).

Truck wise, I would love to have a new Tacoma Sport, one of my favorite trucks. I spotted the redesigned F-150, which was okay, its just a bit more curvy which isn't all that intelligent for a truck.

Regardless, to the subject.. My favorite seat at least in the house was between the lexus IS350, and the new audi 2 door A5.

The audi S5 is my new dream car, at 50,000 dollars, I hope to make it my daily car within 3 years.

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/new_cars/Audi_A5/S5/media_gallery.0004.html

I would also settle for the A5. I cant comment on driving the car, but as far as looks, interior, holy shit I love this car!

KoreanJoey
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Audis have always been nice inside.

Colossus20v
01-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Its an audi not an inni. :) I like audis. At 50k though you could also consider the Lexus all new IS-F which is going for about 56k. Just something to consider.

Gary
01-29-2008, 05:08 PM
If you are going to setting for an A5, for about the same price, don't forget the 335i coupe and ~$2k more for 335xi coupe.

VikingJZ
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Audi's are very nice cars.

I'm hoping to see some other cool cars at the Chicago autoshow.

Azzazzyn
01-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, I probably wont be affording a Audi R8 anytime soon. I went to the Portland Autoshow last weekend, and as usual I took the pleasure of sitting in just about every car I could (including a surprisingly spacious toyota yaris).

Truck wise, I would love to have a new Tacoma Sport, one of my favorite trucks. I spotted the redesigned F-150, which was okay, its just a bit more curvy which isn't all that intelligent for a truck.

Regardless, to the subject.. My favorite seat at least in the house was between the lexus IS350, and the new audi 2 door A5.

The audi S5 is my new dream car, at 50,000 dollars, I hope to make it my daily car within 3 years.

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/new_cars/Audi_A5/S5/media_gallery.0004.html

I would also settle for the A5. I cant comment on driving the car, but as far as looks, interior, holy shit I love this car!

did nissan have a gt-r there? Feb 7th-10th is when motortrend get here.

KoreanJoey
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah the ISF is sweet. I got to drive one at SEMA. You gotta love their thinking... hrmmm, how do we make the IS fun again? I got it! Let's shoehorn a 5.0 V8 into it.

Sean
01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
The ISF was off limits at the show. I doubt I would spring for the S5, I would have to be doing VERY VERY well in a few years to muster up the extra 10 grand. The A5 is something that I could see myself springing for.

No GTR, sadly, I was hoping it would've been at the Seattle show as well, but nope. Stupid!

If I wanted an uber fast daily driver, I would probably look elsewhere. Perhaps the GTR :)

I'm not the biggest BMW fan, and it stems from the fact that the current BMW owners of America have left a horrible impression on me. I dont want to be associated with that crowd. I would perhaps overlook this for a new M3, but it just doesnt wet my appetite as the audi.

Cavanagh
01-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Yeah the ISF is sweet. I got to drive one at SEMA. You gotta love their thinking... hrmmm, how do we make the IS fun again? I got it! Let's shoehorn a 5.0 V8 into it.
You drove one? I truly hate you. :thefinger.

Sean... I agree with the BMW Impression thing, but man those new 335i Twin Turbos are pretty sick.

Mr Celica
01-30-2008, 04:07 AM
i've read that the ISF is annoying. its very smooshy and only comes in auto. but for the power who cares. its a lexus, if i were looking for a sports car i wouldn't buy a lexus. the audis have always been nice on the inside. their AWD system is neat, too, yet sometimes un reliable in the older ones at least. i lovethe looks of that s5 though. wouldn't mind tradin' my mazdurr in for one.

KoreanJoey
01-30-2008, 07:49 AM
The suspension was a bit on the soft side, but it's supposed to be luxurious. As to the auto, it's an 8 speed paddle shifter w/ lock out after 1st gear, it engages just like a sequential shifter, revs go up and down w/ a gear shift and you control what gear it's in. Oh and the shifts are FAST, as fast as a DSG I believe.

And audis aren't all that sporty either because of their weight, but probably the most practical.