PDA

View Full Version : Business Idea: Lighting

VikingJZ
01-29-2008, 05:14 AM
For a while now, I have been toying with the idea of becoming an LED wholesaler. Recently, I thought of doing cluster LED light conversions for people that don't have the time or resources locally to do so.

Please give me constructive feedback on this. I'd like to do something like this.

Ghosty
01-29-2008, 05:55 AM
LED conversion... do you mean for brake lights/ indicators and such?

Frenchy
01-29-2008, 05:55 AM
Well, knowing LEDs are fairly inexpensive...

Do you have a possible total cost for said modification?

VikingJZ
01-29-2008, 05:58 AM
I would be selling the bulbs for YOU to put in your tail lights. Thats as simple as bulb replacement.

For services, I would have you send me say your gauge cluster, and I would put LED lights in them.

Pricing yet is unsure.

James123
01-29-2008, 06:13 AM
I would offer to sell them in canada

Conrad_Turbo
01-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Pricing will make or break. LED's can vary from cheap Chinese crap or to very high quality expensive units, it'd be your call to decide on what type of quality you want to sell, which would ultimately dictate your selling price and profit margin.

Compare what other companies out there are selling LED replacement lights for and then see if you can be competitive in that marketplace. Try build a few lights yourself and see how much time it'll take and how much overhead you will require. Then see what your returns would be like, then it's you call if it's worthwhile pursuing.

Also see about approvals...such as DOT and such, if you plan on selling "offroad lights only" then that is something you have to consider.