PDA

View Full Version : daytona

redwolf
01-23-2008, 05:04 AM
Lexus is made by toyota right? Well three of the first five starters at the daytona 24 hours are powered by lexus motors. Keep to the faith :)

grayscale
01-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Is that going to be televised?

VikingJZ
01-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Lexus is a Toyota product. Most of the Lexus cars found in America from 1990-2002 were badged and sold as Toyota's in many places around the world.

It wasn't until 2003 when Japan finally was introduced to Lexus.

Rumors are circulating that the Toyota Century Crown (V12 executive car used by the Japanese president and rich people) will be badged as a Lexus and sold to compete with cars like the Maybach, RR, and a few Bentley's.

redwolf
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Usually Speed channel or espn will cover the first and last hour of the race. It starts this saturday at 11, I think.

Cavanagh
01-23-2008, 10:29 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/159/

KoreanJoey
01-24-2008, 08:57 AM
www.racing-underground.com

You can find torrents from most endurance races...

You can even find JGTC races!

redwolf
01-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Lexus leading at the fourth hour. TV coverage on Speed channel.

Ghosty
01-26-2008, 10:34 PM
www.racing-underground.com

You can find torrents from most endurance races...

You can even find JGTC races!

--- I registered for that site when you put it up several months ago, and it's AWESOME.

It's not just race coverage, either. Right now I'm downloading a PDF of "Modern Engine Tuning," and I'll be dowloading Victory By Design/ Maserati shortly. There's also a copy of Corky Bell's wonderful "Maximum Boost."

Only one ax to grind and it's not even with the web site, but rather some of the JGTC/ Super GT videos, which feature a completely bored Englishman as a commentator. Doesn't hardly explain anything about what's happening on the field.

--- On the 24Hrs of Daytona, Lexus is now in 6 and 7th position, positions climbing together. Juan Pablo Montoya of all people is in 6th, just passed a Pontiac, he's in a Chip Ganassi car... hurray ex-F1 drivers!

grayscale
01-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Right now I'm downloading a PDF of "Modern Engine Tuning,"
I tried downloading this file but was unable to open it, adobe said it couldn't recognize it. Any luck? Am I doing something wrong?

KoreanJoey
01-27-2008, 10:13 AM
--- I registered for that site when you put it up several months ago, and it's AWESOME.

It's not just race coverage, either. Right now I'm downloading a PDF of "Modern Engine Tuning," and I'll be dowloading Victory By Design/ Maserati shortly. There's also a copy of Corky Bell's wonderful "Maximum Boost."

Only one ax to grind and it's not even with the web site, but rather some of the JGTC/ Super GT videos, which feature a completely bored Englishman as a commentator. Doesn't hardly explain anything about what's happening on the field.

--- On the 24Hrs of Daytona, Lexus is now in 6 and 7th position, positions climbing together. Juan Pablo Montoya of all people is in 6th, just passed a Pontiac, he's in a Chip Ganassi car... hurray ex-F1 drivers!

Yeah I love that site... between that and www.rallytorrents.com I get all the motorsports fix I need.

And yeah the SuperGT stuff gets pretty boring with the commentator. I remember the older ones where they didn't even have a commentator, just the ticker w/ the car positions and the wonderful sounds of the cars, I miss that.

As to ex-F1 drivers I think I remember some of the Nascar guys driving a couple years ago (or might have been last year) and they actually didn't do too bad.

Just goes to show you that a good driver is a good driver, no matter how boring the racing they compete in is. :)

Also, I LOVE all the DTM stuff.

Ghosty
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Lexus came in first! Wooo!

Drivers were Juan Pablo Montoya (rookie indy winner, successfull F1 career), Scott Pruett (2004 winner, 1989 Indy 500 rookie of the year) , Dario Franchitti (2007 Indy 500 winner) and Memo Rojas (Seven podiums in the series already).

Ghosty
01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah I love that site... between that and www.rallytorrents.com I get all the motorsports fix I need.

And yeah the SuperGT stuff gets pretty boring with the commentator. I remember the older ones where they didn't even have a commentator, just the ticker w/ the car positions and the wonderful sounds of the cars, I miss that.

As to ex-F1 drivers I think I remember some of the Nascar guys driving a couple years ago (or might have been last year) and they actually didn't do too bad.

Just goes to show you that a good driver is a good driver, no matter how boring the racing they compete in is. :)

Also, I LOVE all the DTM stuff.

Hah -- true. A good driver is a good driver.

Should I DL some of the DTM stuff? I like the cars (even if the prospect of 3 or 4 makes on a course seems boring), is the commentary pretty good?

KoreanJoey
01-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Lexus came in first! Wooo!

Drivers were Juan Pablo Montoya (rookie indy winner, successfull F1 career), Scott Pruett (2004 winner, 1989 Indy 500 rookie of the year) , Dario Franchitti (2007 Indy 500 winner) and Memo Rojas (Seven podiums in the series already).

I have a picture w/ Scott Pruett when I was at SEMA... guy is cool as hell.

And yes, download the DTM stuff... the commentary is so, so. If you find one in english.