PDA

View Full Version : s2k meet

celica91gts
01-22-2008, 02:58 AM
i just went to an s2k meet with one of my friends seeing as hes the one that owns one. i have to say... im pretty jealous. i really wish we had more celica enthusiasts in Arizona, a couple people came from phoenix and they are members on a forum called s2ki. they are really nice and knowledgeable. u guys wanna see pics?

Cavanagh
01-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Sure.

celica91gts
01-22-2008, 03:15 AM
here are a couple videos that the guys made. i was in the black one =)
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=560201
and enjoy the pics =)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/asiankid24/mt%20lemmon%20meet%201-19-08/Dsc04038.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/asiankid24/mt%20lemmon%20meet%201-19-08/Dsc04035.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/asiankid24/mt%20lemmon%20meet%201-19-08/Dsc04019.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/asiankid24/mt%20lemmon%20meet%201-19-08/Dsc03988.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/asiankid24/mt%20lemmon%20meet%201-19-08/IMG_0281.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/asiankid24/mt%20lemmon%20meet%201-19-08/Dsc04023.jpg

Cavanagh
01-22-2008, 03:27 AM
Cool! Looked like fun, i have always liked how S2K'a looked, i just always thought they were overpriced.

car
01-22-2008, 03:31 AM
Well I guess I'm not the only one that likes the blue hardtop ^

celica91gts
01-22-2008, 03:36 AM
that blue hardtop was badass.

Joeye27
01-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Cool! the only hondas i like=)

VikingJZ
01-22-2008, 05:24 AM
I like the S2k and the NSX....

redwolf
01-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Be calm and stick to the faithful. Had one chase me on the back roads of Ga and he couldnt keep up. Hondas are such gutless wonders. They rev a bunch but its whats under the corners that count. Ha! Till we meet again!

VikingJZ
01-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Is your GT stock?

A stock 1990 GT shouldn't be able to outrun an S2K.

grayscale
01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
The one thing I've never liked about those- no matter what you do to them, within reason, they all still look just the same. Those pictures further confirm this feeling.

nyana107
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
The one thing I've never liked about those- no matter what you do to them, within reason, they all still look just the same. Those pictures further confirm this feeling.

aren't 5th gens the same way? :wiggle:

19celica90
01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
never really liked em

VikingJZ
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
I like them but would never own them.

cms-gt4
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Be calm and stick to the faithful. Had one chase me on the back roads of Ga and he couldnt keep up. Hondas are such gutless wonders. They rev a bunch but its whats under the corners that count. Ha! Till we meet again!

Did he know he was chasing you? Not only power, but handling of that car in stock mode will still out do most suspension modified celicas.

19celica90
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
i just never really liked the roadster style

redwolf
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Dont know who was behind the wheel of that s2k but kept backing off the corners even when I wasnt flat out. I was kinda disappointed because my ol lady really wants one instead of her eclipse.

KoreanJoey
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Did he know he was chasing you? Not only power, but handling of that car in stock mode will still out do most suspension modified celicas.

Not mine *dances*

Could have been one of the pre-revision S2Ks... they're pretty twitchy and tail happy. Takes a bit of skill to coax the handling out of them. Can be pretty intimidating to a novice driver.

5thgenbliss
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
hey all, recent 5thgen gt4 RC owner here, i'm just doing my daily "homework" and my mandatory readings on this board and a couple other celica alltrac/GT4 boards online. I saw this post and thought i'd reply with my 1st post to this topic. I come from the whole Vtec world, although i am now officially a 3SGTE follower, i still hold my lifetime membership to the VTEC faithful. I owned an '02 S2K and a couple of the previous posters are correct; in the hands of a competent driver, an S2K will eat up any stock or mildly modded Celica pretty easily. Basically, in any Vtec powerplant, you can't fully extract all its potential being rev gunshy. Honda/Acura are not without its own issues/problems, as is the 3SGTE and the CT26/20B, but i will say that the engineering and bulltetproofness of both my H22a (5thgen lude) and my F20C (s2k) in relatively stock form is amazing. Hitting 9K daily and sometimes holding between 6-8k is quite a rush both on the street and especially on the track; but that's the thing, if you can't get over the the idea/sound of the high a rev then you can't be competitive in any vtec car vs other non vtec powerplants. that's where the power is (torque) You also have to be good with the stick to be sure you're in the right gear for whatever situation you find yourself in; be it on the freeway, stop light or the track going into and existing corners.

the twitchiness of the pre02 model is something to get use to, and my 02 is definately a little calmer and easier to handle, but and S2k is by far, not an easy car to drive. There are much more "safer" easier cars to handle in the twisties for less experienced or non-enthusiast types. That's just it, its a drvier's car. Its not suitable for the average driver. The average driver will say its got no torque and will have no business driving the car 8-9/10ths. I've read stories of young yahoos wrapping themselves around various stationary street objects because they think they know how to drive. Having said that, some of those guys would have wrapped themselves around poles in any car you give them, but i digress. Simply put, the S2k is an amazing stock car in the corners, Don't fool yourself, there's no replacement for displacement, and its not a 1/4miler. It belongs in the twisties, holding 2nd and 3rd gear over 7k cause when you exit that corner watch that revs peak at 9k (when the other guy has already need to shift or had to hold a taller gear mid corner) your tiny hairs stand up all over your body...then the built in shift light starts to blink (that's a cool thing not many non owners know, the digital tach flashes as it nears its 9k redline) you better make sure you grab that next gear and hold on as you blast out of that turn. the sound....oh the sound at 9k...I miss that car:) If you can stomach and have the balls to wind it up to redline, brake later into the corners, hold your gear in the turn and blast out, then you're driving it right. I don't care what allegiance carwise you have, you'll appreciate the engineering marvals of a stock s2k :)

Ok, before you all flame me, i'm totally stoked at my new GT4 RC. I've been a Vtec guy for my whole driving career and not that Vtec turbo BS everyone is doing now. I was all about the NA keeping it true. Now i'm learning and appreciating the whole world of Boost with the 3SGTE. I'm not one of those narrowminded guys that swear by their own. I appreciate and respect things that deserve respect. That's why I'm broadening my knowledge and appreciation for the forced induced Toyota rides out there:)

So, back to the original post. The guy/girl driving the S2K that you encountered was probably smart by not pushing their own limits to match the limits of the car they drive; But if the driver was equal to the car, i'm sorry my friend, but you'd be bowing to the Vtec gods that day. Besides, your car isn't in that class so what's there to be upset about and on the flipside, what there to brag about either. For me anyways, my GT4 is all about the uneven loose roads. that's its canvas. Leave the S2ks and such to the smooth tarmacs. that's its forte.

Happy boosting everyone.

tuner4life
01-23-2008, 06:38 PM
5thgenbliss,

Holy crap, that was one hell of a first post!!!! I too come from the Honda/Acura camp, and I can say that they are great vehicles, and I can vouch for their suspensions. I have had a 1993 Acura legend, and a 1990 Prelude SI, Both of which were great cars. I would own either of them again. As you may notice, neither of them had vtec. This made for a little bit more torquey, lower powerband, but they were pretty gutless compared to vtec equipped cars. I have ridden in a 2001 S2K and it was stock except for an intake, exhaust, and rims. and the owner was experienced with it, There is no other vehicle vehicle that i've ever ridden in that would handle like it. But what was said is true, his brother drove it once and wrecked it into a pole. Anyways, Hondas are also great cars, But the more you drive your celica, you will realize the advantages of a toyota. Especially since you have a R/C!!!!

Welcome to C-Tech, and I hope that you can enjoy the site as much as I have. I'ts good to see another previous honda enthusiast on here :bigthumbu

VikingJZ
01-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Cherrone's S2K

That was a tight car.

tuner4life
01-23-2008, 06:45 PM
^ You Know it!!!!

VikingJZ
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
I remember when he had the park bench wing on it...and then took it off exposing the drill holes.

tuner4life
01-23-2008, 11:12 PM
^No, the damn "Touchless" car wash took it off. He replaced the trunk b4 he sold it.

smog7
01-25-2008, 05:40 AM
thank you for your post/story 5thgenbliss. I have liked s2k's ever since they came out. It sounds like you dont get around too many other cars redwolf.....
o and cool pics, sounds like it was an awesome meet.

redwolf
01-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Been around enough to know when to hold em and when to fold em

redwolf
01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
I look more like the guy in the back seat. Mostly p___ off cause ole lady wants a s2k. But she wants an auto cause she hates to shift. I say why bother.

5thgenbliss
01-26-2008, 01:31 AM
then for sure the s2k isn't the right car for her. need to row your own gears so much so that they only come in 6pd stick:) Now you know what is kinda a cool and different car...Saturn Sky turbo. i like the agressive lines, very edgy compared to its Solstice brethren. Don't know about the reliability, but saw a nice white with an even hotter female driver.