PDA

View Full Version : Top Tip for squashed flies

carlosfandango
12-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Just waxed the car? hot day? so you have a run out and when you return, you got Bug Critters trying to redesign the bumper in 'splash art'.

so you gotta clean the front again. :mad:

heres a tip for average days when yer just pootling around.

A thin film layer of 'Vaseline' (petroleum jelly, or teh 'horn' grease)allows the Bug Critters to be cleaned off with ease. Do Not put this on the windshield, but i guess you know that already, I smear a thin layer on wing mirror fronts, front of hood, front fender. washes off with normal auto wash detergent and hot water and helps the elbow grease.

for those in sunny nevada/california, test a inconspicuous place first for the sun test as vaseline is a petroleum by product, but ive never had a problem over here in gloomy blitey.. :)

Spud
12-10-2004, 12:34 AM
haha, nice. Thats an interesting tip. Made 10X better by the English accent :)

Yellowsun
12-10-2004, 02:59 PM
.......Made 10X better by the English accent :)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Karl's a Geordie! You can probably do a more convincing English accent than he can :lolhittin

carlosfandango
12-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Lol graham, for those who dont understand, a geordie has an accent crossed with a scotsman and the devil. And oh, geordies are renowned for fighting with the spirit of a demon and we also eat nails for breakfast and rocks for lunch. our evening meal generaly consists of barbecued children and brown ale. :lol:

Yellowsun
12-11-2004, 04:37 PM
and all Geordies look like this

http://www.yellowsun.plus.com/forum/sid1.jpg

:lolhittin

carlosfandango
12-11-2004, 10:20 PM
cool, translation - Good evening Madam, may I be so bold as to offer you a drink, the service is very good in this establishment.