PDA

View Full Version : Test Car Needed for Performance Shop

BiscutWheels
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Let me put this out there for the members. I need a test car. Someone willing to drop off their car for a week or two, let me have my way with it, and they can come pick it up when I'm done. You will be compensated for your help, not sure what, but something worth your time. Note: I would prefer a 1992 or newer 5S-FE for these tests, OBD1 car, but a 1990-1991 will work just fine. (MR2s WELCOME) I will need to verify the viability of your engine... Compression and leak-down tests will be performed. A general tune up will be performed before all testing, complements of the Performance Theory Motorsports. All tuning will be performed with a Greddy E-manage (I will install one for the testing if I need to).

Gray told me to post this here, below is the orginal thread. Thanks for reading. You can contact me by phone 614-291-9100, shop line.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31406

Respectfully,
Nate

celicatrd93
01-17-2008, 12:21 AM
too bad you are not closer...plus any ways i have a 4afe that no good for you. do have other vehicles too. miata,civic,celica, new celica. but you are to far.

kabukan
01-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Nate, you live close to me, im in ky, i have a 3sge motor but would love to see what can be done to it, i have cash and big dreams, any ideas??

BiscutWheels
01-17-2008, 01:45 AM
I am currently building 2 5S-GTE's. One with a Rev. 3 3S block and one with a 5S block for 400 and 800 hp respectively. I am developing an intake manifold that will completely eliminate cylinder biasing, a divorced CT26/CT20B downpipe, along with a few other things. Call me, we can talk.

Thanks,
Nate

car
01-17-2008, 03:38 AM
I live in Indiana, a little West of Fort Wayne, I might be interested

Frenchy
01-17-2008, 05:53 AM
If I could drive I would drive from Michigan to there, to do this, I have a few friends that livein Columbus....

VikingJZ
01-17-2008, 06:40 AM
How about a 2JZGE SC300?? I could borrow another car and probably could use a weekend trip,

PM me for some details.

Its a Toyota engine obviously. If you haven't done much with this engine, this could be a great opportunity for you. I'd love to come down and check things out too, gain experience and what not.

Plus, it would be cool telling people that ask, " Oh my car in down in Columbus, OH getting professionally tuned." lol

BiscutWheels
01-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Kabukan,

Please call the shop.

Frenchy,

Please call the shop.

Viking,

PM sent.

Nate

grayscale
01-18-2008, 01:17 AM
I think you guys read through Nates post too quickly. He is looking for a 5th or 6th gen or MR2 5sfe, hell, maybe even a Camry, to test a new header on. I'm sure he's a little flustered already as everyone always b*tches about the availability of them but when opportunity knocks no one seems to be answering. I don't want to speak for Nate but I'm sure the testee would get a deal on the finished product.
It's cool if you want to contact Nate about other stuff, but he really needs to here from the 5sfe members in this post, and ones that are close to him. If this goes too long with no volunteers I'm going take mine up there and drop it off for him.;)

Nate- I'll be getting me own emanage shortly so that would be a plus for you :bigthumbu

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
kind of off topic but HAHAHAHA to Viking and his sig...Tim Tebow would run over and thru mr dixon. and hes only a sophomore compared to your senior....anyway...heh...sry, i had to...no offense to you viking in anyway, it was just something i had to do as a gator...heh, ...def the best QB Oregon has ever seen tho..

zmile06
01-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Didn't notice it but ur in columbus ohio? I have a 4afe celica u could mess with if u give me details on what ur doing so i know it won't be thrashed lol. It's an auto though but if ur intrested throw me a PM i'm in dayton.

I'll try to see if i can locate anyone near me with a 5sfe mr2 u might try posting up on www.srdayton.com or maybe the columbus street racing site. or cincinatti street racing site.

Just suggestions bro. Whats the name of ur shop or website? I would be interested in knowing ForcedFab here in dayton is a joke after the switched owners and stuff.

grayscale
01-18-2008, 11:31 AM
zmile06-see here (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31372) for info on Nate's shop. I wouldn't worry about your stuff getting "thrashed".

BiscutWheels
01-18-2008, 05:56 PM
For those of you who want to know how your car will be treated. Following is a link for some of the cars I work on regularly.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/nmilliso/Performance%20Theory%20Motorsports/Shop%20Pictures/

We are professionals. We do test cars, we test them hard but not past the breaking point.

For those of you with a 4A-FE or a 7A-FE, I am working on an engine package that will bolt in to your car. 7A-GE, everybody knows about this engine, but I am trying to develope one that is affordable. I have one running in my '87 MR2 now, we are iorning out the kinks, but all is looking well. The goal is to have N/A 145 to the wheels, and a pressure ready engine as well.

Thanks,
Nate

PS
Gray seems to have this business thing figured out.

car
01-22-2008, 03:54 AM
Any takers yet?

BiscutWheels
01-27-2008, 03:13 AM
None yet. Still looking.

Nate

KoreanJoey
01-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Send me some Gen 3 3SGE stuff! I have access to a Mustang or Dynojet dyno and can take pre and post install dynos.