PDA

View Full Version : 3sfe to 5sfe

Thrill
01-13-2008, 04:12 AM
hello people ive searched the forums here and found a couple threads about this swap but i just wanted to be sure about what i need before i go off buying stuff, i believe aijion and another person from texas did it. i understand that the tranny and a large ammount of other parts from the 3sfe will fit the 5sfe, im wondering besides the ecu, and wiring harness, do i need anything for this to go into my 89 st? i read that it took one of the above mentioned posters about 6 hours to do the swap with friends of hers, so saying about 8hours is a good estimate? any feedback would be great

tuner4life
01-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Not familiar with the 3sfe to 5sfe swap, but 8 hours doesnt seem like near enough time to swap anything to a different motor.

Thrill
01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
i somewhat agree with you but 3sfe to 5sfe have alot of similar parts and it mounts right up on the 3sfe mounts. only thing i can see taking up a substantial amount of time is the wiring?

mighty
02-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Yes Thrill is right- 8 hours can be done if you have 2-3 heads but The engine will drop right in and youll have to figure out mainly the Interior wiring harness moreless.