PDA

View Full Version : Rust behind rear mudflap!

Newbster
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Well I've always had these little "rustbubbles" behind my driver side rear mudflap. It still looked normal from a distance, it was mostly underneath the mudflap. But the other night I backed into a buildup (2ft) of snow. I didnt think much of it because I was only going 3-4 MPH. Well next day I check it and theres a hole of rust. I pulled out the chucks of metal that were dangling. Its a sucky feeling. It is semi noticeable, its mostly on the underneath behind the flap. I was wondering is there a way to fix this or help it look better, I'm new to body work.

Newbster
12-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Bump, anyone? Guess not.

Slider
12-31-2007, 02:45 AM
Cut out all the rust and weld in new metal if you really want to fix it.

Murgatroy
12-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Cut out all the rust and weld in new metal if you really want to fix it.
:stupid:

Lonestag
01-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Just don't let it get as bad as mine, my right rear mudflap is about to completly rust off. I need to figure out somthing to do about it without blowing my god-like college student budget...

liplip
01-02-2008, 07:38 AM
The same thing happened to me last week at my gf's driveway.I checked if there was any way i can screw the mud guard back but it was all rusted in that area.

VikingJZ
01-03-2008, 09:19 PM
If its the driver side rear, check your antenna drainage hose for kinks, holes, cracks, etc. That is what caused my rust damage on my old car.

My recommendation is to delete the antenna completely and install a window mount one, OR buy a black stubby antenna that replaces the power option.