PDA

View Full Version : podfilter

planetjack
12-30-2007, 07:41 AM
i got a pdofilter in my celica now i waz thinkn about cutting a hole in the bonnet and letting the podfilter sit just out of the bonnet 2 get colder air.. the only problem iz what happens if it rains?? my podfilter would obviously get wet but duz that mean it wont suck az good or will it be sucking water into the engine? or are podfilters water proof so even if the get wet the still work fine..

thanks.

UNP
01-01-2008, 08:16 AM
i got a pdofilter in my celica now i waz thinkn about cutting a hole in the bonnet and letting the podfilter sit just out of the bonnet 2 get colder air.. the only problem iz what happens if it rains?? my podfilter would obviously get wet but duz that mean it wont suck az good or will it be sucking water into the engine? or are podfilters water proof so even if the get wet the still work fine..

thanks.

Woah. Learn how to spell properly, please.

Also, what model celica have you got? If it's a 5th or 6th gen, there's a hole in the front left internal wheel well, and a big empty space inside the fender. Just stick the filter in there, use a 90° aluminum pipe bend, a 45° silicon joiner, a straight aluminum pipe and another 45° bend to attach to the throttle body. Assuming it's a 5SFE, that is. I'm pretty sure the other engines have the throttle body in the same or similar location.

evolution
01-01-2008, 08:29 AM
^^what he said

having it stick out of your hood would accomplish 2 things

1) you would look like a spanner
2) your filter would get very, very dirty (and torn by stones) and end up being much less efficient than if it was in your engine bay (or inside your fender)

grayscale
01-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I think he has a 3sge or something of the sort, but yeah, same smell.

celicaGT90_05
01-01-2008, 09:19 AM
do NOT put the filter in an out in the open area. As said, it will get very dirty, and torn with rocks. It'll get gunk and mud all over it and you'll have to clean it about every week. No, they are not in any form resistant to water, and if you get water in the motor you can say goodbye to the motor because fluids can not compress. I think you are referring to snorkles on vehicles designed to go in water. They have a very long pipe for the exhaust and intake to avoid water induction, but they use a regular filter in a box because it protects the filter much better from dirt and grime. They do have water bypass valves for cold air intakes, but I wouldnt trust them. If you want cold air you could put it in the fenter but make sure it is covered so that things cant be flung on to it

Žusty
01-02-2008, 04:11 AM
celicas aren't tractors mate ;)

x2 on what celicaGT90_50 said