PDA

View Full Version : smoked

Mr Celica
12-30-2007, 02:13 AM
dude i tried to race my friends twin turbo 300zx today because iam stupid and he totally smoked me. the thing has like 600rwhp and my celica is bone stock. sooo stupid of me. even his sisters corolla smoked my ass. i must have been smoking some crazy hydro or some shit. i hardly remember. his maxima is mad fast too. gotta love those nissans! KENNY VS SPENNY FOREVER YAY CANADA!

celicatrd93
12-30-2007, 02:23 AM
never hurts to try.....now at least you know you need something fast......

Mr Celica
12-30-2007, 05:07 AM
wooooow. never let your drunk friend go on your computer without supervision. at least it wasn't that bad.

/thread :)

Chris
12-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Just wait until he has to perform maintenance on it. :hehe:

But yeah, those things can put down some pretty respectable times.

Cavanagh
12-30-2007, 07:32 AM
wooooow. never let your drunk friend go on your computer without supervision. at least it wasn't that bad.

/thread :)
:laugh: :duh:

Mr Celica
12-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Just wait until he has to perform maintenance on it. :hehe:

But yeah, those things can put down some pretty respectable times.

we actually do a lot of work to it. everything is a PITA on it. even the fricken chrome turbo hoses were and the boost jets. this fall we plan to pull the motor and rebuild it. he is in school at UTI for performance right now so it should be fun. we have a full garage to do it in.

btw his car doesn't have 600hp... yet.

VikingJZ
01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
300's ARE a pain.

I remember working on one thinking "WTF?"

tuner4life
01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
300's ARE a pain.

I remember working on one thinking "WTF?"

You mean you remember us working on my '85 !!?? "WTF" Isnt the half of it!!!! It was an awesomely fun car though!! Good learning experiences working on it!! I'd probably get another one at some point.

VikingJZ
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Anything we ever did on that car was a road block...lol

andy
01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Pwnt!

Chris
01-04-2008, 06:24 AM
You mean you remember us working on my '85 !!?? "WTF" Isnt the half of it!!!! It was an awesomely fun car though!! Good learning experiences working on it!! I'd probably get another one at some point.

It can be a fun car, I'll give it that. Unfortunately my timing belt snapped. Sad thing was it looked fine when we checked it.

tuner4life
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
that sux man, its not like a toyota (non interference) so you probably have bent valves. Its a shame b/c the timing belt/water pump project was one of the easiest I've ever done. If I still had mine and the timing belt went, I'd probably just swap a 350 chevy motor into it. Go ahead call me what you want, but you cant really beat the power to $ ratio, plus parts are dirt cheap. Just a thought though. What do you plan to do with it now??

MoralWarfare
01-06-2008, 06:03 AM
even dealership nissan techs hate working on those cars. still fun to drive though. the original post in this thread made me :laugh:

Mr Celica
01-06-2008, 08:10 AM
heh yea i have cool friends. damn nissan owners.

Chris
01-07-2008, 02:42 AM
that sux man, its not like a toyota (non interference) so you probably have bent valves. Its a shame b/c the timing belt/water pump project was one of the easiest I've ever done. If I still had mine and the timing belt went, I'd probably just swap a 350 chevy motor into it. Go ahead call me what you want, but you cant really beat the power to $ ratio, plus parts are dirt cheap. Just a thought though. What do you plan to do with it now??

From what I've gathered, a 350 chevy swap is pretty hard with these cars, though that was one of my first ideas. I couldn't find much info on it last time I looked.

But if a 350 swap could be done for relatively cheap and I could find some help with the wiring and such, then yeah, that'd be my first choice aside from trying to replace the head and sell it.