PDA

View Full Version : G37, Mustang beater from Hyundai?

hobbie2k
12-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Hyundai Genesis Coupe (http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-genesis-coupe.html)

300hp V6 rear-drive Coupe from Hyundai.

I think it looks pretty cool. I might just have to stop wishing for a 350Z...

Really, isn't this exactly what people have been saying the next Celica should be? Rear-drive (like the classics), 200+hp from a turbo four, or a 300+hp V6, and priced in the low to mid 20s...

Hookecho
12-25-2007, 04:25 PM
it does look cool. a 300hp v6 is always a plus.

celicatrd93
12-25-2007, 04:37 PM
well hyundai is taking a big leep, after the tibby did not do to well. jumping back in the game, trying to keep up with the new models coming out. such as evo,wrx,g37 etc.... i think it looks alright, but all the hyundai models look like a lexus knock offs. i guess we will have to wait and see the new ride and how it preforms

MrWOT
12-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I call BS. It's still a "concept" model, which means 99% of the time it will NEVER see a showroom floor.

Hookecho
12-25-2007, 06:27 PM
they may ditch the car, but hopefully keep the motor.

geebes
12-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow! I'm impressed, that looks great. Why couldn't toyota have made that?

KoreanJoey
12-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Is it just me though or does the car look really big?

Cavanagh
12-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Jesus, all they do is make rip-off cars of other companies with minor,minor differences. That looks like a cross between a Camry and Lexus.

hobbie2k
12-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I call BS. It's still a "concept" model, which means 99% of the time it will NEVER see a showroom floor.

It's a concept in the same way that the GT-R Proto was a concept, or the Toyota FTX, apparently the Genesis Coupe it's already well into it's development. This is a preproduction styling mock-up. It's based on a shortened version of Hyundai's new RWD V8 powered sedan, the "Genesis." Unfortunately, the V8 won't fit into the coupe because of it's shorter wheelbase and overhangs.

Ghosty
12-26-2007, 07:48 PM
This is the type of car that changes humdrum car companies into real competitors.

If all goes according to plan, that is.

BTW, not a fan of the exposed carbon-fiber hood or roof, but those louvers look SHARP.

Shaggz00
12-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow, that is one of the most bastardized cars I've ever seen. It's like they took one little tidbit from every sporty car on the market and stuck in together. Except for the rear of the trunk lid...which looks like it's from a Paseo.

BIG :thumbsdow

Cavanagh
12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow, that is one of the most bastardized cars I've ever seen. It's like they took one little tidbit from every sporty car on the market and stuck in together. Except for the rear of the trunk lid...which looks like it's from a Paseo.

BIG :thumbsdow
:bowdown: :bowdown: Thats what I'm saying!

5gen91st
12-27-2007, 06:53 AM
idk if its just me but when i first looked at it, it looks kinda like the way a concept celica would kinda be like the way they have changed from the 6gen to the 7gen. it almost looks like a celica/tiburon type of mix just a little more one the celica side?

19celica90
12-27-2007, 02:19 PM
looks like it has a nissan altima front end with a pontiac g6 rear. I dunno, i think there should be some appreciation given in the regards that Hyundai is listening to its consumers by producing a 2 seater rear wheel drive car. I think that alone will help sell alot of cars if this becomes a production car.

92CeliGT-S
12-28-2007, 04:40 AM
GAY! lmao, they made that car like: hey this person likes this, and this person likes that, ok now...lets just cram it together and see how much of crap it looks like

hundai makes little wimpy girly cars, why such a leap in the attempt to manhood?

angryyoungnpoor
12-28-2007, 05:11 AM
You guys are crazy. I think it's cute. It's something I can see driving around. It's got nice looks all over, but the orange one can do without all the carbon fiber. Looks a little too done up.

hobbie2k
12-28-2007, 06:35 PM
The carbon fiber is a concept thing. A production version would not have it.

Anyway, who cares if the styling looks like it's taken from another vehicle, what car doesn't look that way? I think it looks good, and better yet, it should prove to be a real performer.

At least "little wimpy girl-car" Hyundai has the ovaries to take a chance and build the car that people on this site have been whining for since it started.

Newbster
12-28-2007, 07:49 PM
You guys are so f*cking picky. I hate hyundia's as much as the next guy, but come on give credit where credit is due. That car looks pretty sweet. Im loving the leapfrogging comments "They took this from ____ and this from ______." Well guys a car is a car and it has 4 wheels theres only so much you can do to it.

Cavanagh
12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm a picky person :D :thefinger:

Hiko
12-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Respect a car for what it is, not the badge on it.

I think this is a badass concept. So what if it looks a bit like other cars?(emphasis on bit) Except for the windows just behind the side windows, I think it looks great. If it performs well, then I'll consider buying one when I'm done with college.

hundai makes little wimpy girly cars, why such a leap in the attempt to manhood?

You realize that Toyota made "wimpy girly cars" until their "attempt to manhood" was made in the form of the 2000GT? And from that transformation, we have the Supra, MR2, and, of course, the Celica.

More power to Hyundai for doing what Toyota won't.

Trance4c
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
In short.. this will probably be a great car!!!!

In the end - I'd wait on what the rumors are of a 2009 Celica return for the same class car.

Chris
12-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah, if anything else this, combined with the 350z and other upcoming cars will hopefully push Toyota to reinstate one of the three lines, or a newer line. It's a step in the right direction, either way.