PDA

View Full Version : I want it! 300mpg electric

Trance4c
12-23-2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4237853.html?series=19

See what you think, but I like it.. I want one.

Stinger
12-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey

Thats actually pretty sweet. But i would never give up my celica for one :bigthumbu

Mr Celica
12-23-2007, 09:14 PM
ew that is hideous. couldn't they have at least made it with 4 wheels so it doesn't look so odd?

and it doesn't look safe IMO. and good luck carrying groceries around. or getting anywhere in the snow. lol

Mr Celica
12-23-2007, 09:19 PM
but its a cool concept i guess. i like the traditional car, still.

Hookecho
12-23-2007, 11:24 PM
i would drive a dumpster with a trolling motor if i knew i could get 300mpg out of it. that car is pretty cool. it also meets all federal crash test ratings so i can see it being at least as safe as a kia. yeah, i'll take 2 of them.

extremeskillz
12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
cool, l like it.

19celica90
12-24-2007, 12:31 AM
good engineering, but, i dont like how the hybrids always look way too futuristic. I never understood why they dont take autmobile styling of the present and put in electrics of the future.

MCcelica
12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Good luck getting groceries, and with one drive wheel and hybrid torque good luck getting anywhere in the snow.

Ghosty
12-24-2007, 09:20 AM
A sperm with three wheels.

How very new-age.

MCcelica
12-24-2007, 09:41 AM
^ Lol!

extremeskillz
12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
i love the concept and but they always make it impractical for those who really work in life. I mean it would be hard to take that off road and/or deal with ice storms, etc. Im all about alternative power but need better designs for the real every day person. ELectrics rule tho, friggin fast if you know how to tune them.

example: check the white zombie/
www.nedra.com

grayscale
12-24-2007, 02:53 PM
The whole design of the body is to be as aerodynamic as possible to be able to get that 300mpg, at least with this one anyway. As for the majority of the alternative designs- yes, fugly. But who cares, we'll all be retired by the time these are seriously on the market for affordable prices.

zmile06
12-25-2007, 02:43 AM
It looks like a small helicopter cock pit with a small wheel in the back...

Forget the fact it looks ugly as HELL. The thing would never NEVER get through a whole year in ohio.

I've actually seen a much better design in the compressed air design for cars. I forget where i saw it... They shuve a bunch of compressed air on the under carriage of the car. Gets like i think 220 miles per charge up? And you can hook it up to a air compressor... They have these cars in other countries so i'm kind of wondering why we still have a ton of dinosaur cars. Don't get me wrong love the celica. But i would love the celica with greater MPG get what i mean?

The cars i saw were made out of complete fiber glass or something like that. So you could pick up the chassis with like one hand.

The car i'm watching right now is just too impractical for a daily driver. I don't even want to know how it handles on heavy rain...

I mean ok i can deal with it being ugly as hell... no room... but umm i need to be able to drive YEAR ROUND!

omar
12-27-2007, 03:16 AM
As long as it gets a manual gear box, or some type of shifter I would get one. Though with the drive assembly in the rear subframe I do not see it being a very valid addition, but I still want to feel involved in the driving of my vehicle other than steering.

bzdweezy
12-27-2007, 07:38 AM
it looks and sounds like something from "the jetsons"

i like it, i just might need to tint the windows so people can't stare too much