PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know or think that...

MCcelica
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
An upper strut tower brace bar that was on a 7th gen GTS will fit on an 6th gen GT? I had to take mine off to replace the battery in the 7th gen, and I also had to buy and install a battery tie down to AutoX, and the new battery has a slightly larger dimension as well as adding the tie down changed things up a bit too. So now the bar won't go back on without crushing the battery and making just enough contact to arc the two terminals. So it doesn't even come close to fitting anymore. So I figure since it won't fit on the 7th gen anymore, and the 6th gen is the one with the coilovers anyway, I'd try it and see if it worked. Thing is the 6th gen is 150 miles away. Anybody know anything about this?

MCcelica
12-20-2007, 12:37 AM
anybody anybody?

alltracman78
12-20-2007, 01:20 AM
I can't tell you for sure, because I've never done it, but I'm willing to bet no.
Different chassis demensions.

MCcelica
12-21-2007, 04:33 AM
That's what I was afraid of and kind of what I figured. I guess it couldn't hurt to try. If it doesn't work, well then hey, I may have a strut tower bar for a 7th gen for sale! Haha

mook
12-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Chances are no, but it may. I have the rear strut brace from an ST205 in my ST185, was a spot on fit, so some bits will swap gens.