PDA

View Full Version : Nissan GT-R - 0-60 in 3.3 seconds!

StormyBklyn
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
1/4 mile in 11.6@120!
Man, $75k doesn't seem like it's too much for this, not when it's faster than $100K+ supercars. Faster than a Viper/Corvette/911!

http://jalopnik.com/335556/leaping-lizards-edmunds-inside-line-claims-33-second-0+60-with-2009-nissan-gt+r

donteatbugs
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
id get one but insurence would be too high

burnyd
12-19-2007, 07:50 PM
id still get a z06, thats still amazing though.

tuner4life
12-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So long murcelago... I have a new dream car, and this one I might be able to own sometime in my life!!

Ghosty
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Edmund's Inside Line article (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=123822?tid=edmunds.h..topfeatures.gtrpar ty.0.*)

... "We could have blipped the throttle a million times, but there was just no way to make the GT-R loud. As this is a production car, Nissan obviously had to be mindful of noise regulations when designing the exhaust system, but did it have to make it this quiet? At least what noise the GT-R does make is powerful and satisfying."

..."It's much thicker, muscular and beefier than I can see in a photograph. It has a real presence. It's a gorgeous car."

Adrian Avgerinos
12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
I'll believe the numbers once we see the US release model tested on US soil. Right now all the performance numbers from that car seem out of whack. Nissan has severely underrated the engine, the car tested won't be the release model (special tires, etc), and/or the car is lighter than they are claiming. Something just doesn't add up. Then throw in the fact that the car will need US emissions and safety crap tacked on, run on lower octane fuel, and a $20K-30K dealer mark up, and all of a sudden it's not the amazing car that magazines have been hyping for the last year or so.

I'm hoping it lives up to the hype, but at the same time I'm not going to hold my breath waiting the messiah of Japanese sports cars.

cms-gt4
12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
GTR Spotted in Knoxville.

Some suspect they were heading to the Dragon's Tail. Maybe they were doing long distance testing.

Here are the pics from a cell phone. Posted by a local on streetcarforums.
The guy who took the pics claims the driver would not talk about thecar. That they were supposed to be quiet about it.

I really like the color. I need to look into the color code for my project car.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w153/skimpytau/skyline004.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w153/skimpytau/skyline001.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w153/skimpytau/skyline002.jpg

goretro77
12-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Its a formidable car for sure. Already the object of scrutiny by the Lotus group. I would never rev up on one at a light but a huge weakness I see is the 3800 pounds this car has to haul around. It will be interesting if the tires can stand up to repeated turns and heavy braking that roadracing requires. Still, it looks like a great GT car.

90CelicaST
12-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Hehe: "they used the new GT-R's special "launch control" mode -- a hidden "easter egg" of sorts that allows the driver to use a special button sequence -- up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, start -- to force the computer to hold the engine at 4,500 rpm until your left foot lifts off the brake pedal."

extremeskillz
12-21-2007, 01:14 PM
wow, new dream car on my list.

StormyBklyn
12-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes, and this one is affordable.
Doesn't it seem like all the other Japanese manufacturers are coming out with these impressive performance sports cars, but Toyota is becoming a has been in the community. Bring back the early-mid 90's, with beasts like the ST185/205, Supra TT, MR2 turbo, Corolla SR5. And with early-mid90's quality.
Sorry, but the lineup from Scion just isn't cutting it for the sporty market, and bloated sporty luxury cars from Lexus like the SC4xx aren't helping.
Toyota *NEEDS* to release a new Supra now, something to compete with the GTR. A powerful (twin)turbocharged 6 with 400+hp. Make it AWD and I might just think about selling the Celicas to put a downpayment on it.

wizzards581
12-21-2007, 06:11 PM
ill wait 10 yrs later...

extremeskillz
12-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes, and this one is affordable.
Doesn't it seem like all the other Japanese manufacturers are coming out with these impressive performance sports cars, but Toyota is becoming a has been in the community. Bring back the early-mid 90's, with beasts like the ST185/205, Supra TT, MR2 turbo, Corolla SR5. And with early-mid90's quality.
Sorry, but the lineup from Scion just isn't cutting it for the sporty market, and bloated sporty luxury cars from Lexus like the SC4xx aren't helping.
Toyota *NEEDS* to release a new Supra now, something to compete with the GTR. A powerful (twin)turbocharged 6 with 400+hp. Make it AWD and I might just think about selling the Celicas to put a downpayment on it.

The supra would be nice but needs to be affordable. I say 30,000 dollar range that will out compete the GTR. Highly unlikly but i can dream.

wizzards581
12-22-2007, 03:12 AM
The supra would be nice but needs to be affordable. I say 30,000 dollar range that will out compete the GTR. Highly unlikly but i can dream.

i think if toyota is to design a car to compete the GTR, they would invest alittle more and would cost more. the supra never had a AWD system so they should design a RWD system to continue Supras legend.

my bro works for toyota and they are shocked how the GTR is introduced here, seeing the GTR soon in the nissan lineup. hope this will knock some sense into toyota. the GTR came back, camaro will be back, many others has came... supra def needs to come bac.