PDA

View Full Version : another fog light question *relay*

celicaGT90_05
12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Well I got the switch hooked up and in, got the fog lights in and connected...now heres the question...where the hell does the relay go? I went in and got a relay, they said it was a 4 prong relay and I have a 4 prong slot on the passenger side relay/fuse box. I put it in and still I have no function from the fog lights, nor is the relay clicking. I turned the headlights on, nothing, turned the ignition on, nothing, so is it in the right spot or does it go somewhere else? There is also a 5 prong slot and kinda wondering if they got mixed up and that is actually the spot. I cant tell cuz I dont have the covers anymore. I also looked on the driver side panel but cant find a spot, so if anyone knows or could find out real quick I'd appreciate it a lot

alltracman78
12-18-2007, 12:12 AM
You've got the relay right, you're missing the fuse.

It's the next Relay block above the one with the relay.
Middle position, 20a.

celicaGT90_05
12-18-2007, 12:29 AM
lol figures, I cant believe I didnt think about that, oh well it happens. Thanks a lot!

celicaGT90_05
12-18-2007, 01:17 AM
wait...ok I just looked, and I only see a row of fuses directly below the relay. A row of 3 and the one in the middle is a 20 amp fuse, 1 is 10 amp and the last slot is empty with no plugs or fuse. I dont see anything above that, so whats the deal? I am looking at the panel under the passenger side kick panel. Am I suppose to have the 5 prong relay instead of the 4 prong one? Because I looked at the 5 prong slot again and it was set up for 4 prong style

alltracman78
12-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Ah, you have the wrong relay position.
That's the starter relay position.

The fog relay goes in the other relay block on that side.
Still a 4 position one though.

I didn't think non foglight cars would have the fuse....

celicaGT90_05
12-18-2007, 02:08 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/rangerxlt91_05/100_0738edit.jpg

Here's a pic to help, the relay I installed is what the computer told them it was. If it actually turns out to be the bottom one, then no biggy I can replace it easily. But as of now Im lost. You can see there is a 20 amp fuse located right under the relay I put in as well. Sorry about the text, if you cant read the bottom one it says "relay holder in question"

alltracman78
12-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Relay holder in question is the one you need.

They gave you the wrong relay anyways, it should be black and square.

celicaGT90_05
12-18-2007, 02:43 AM
I kinda thought that, had that feeling but I wasnt for sure. I guess I'll take it back tomorrow and get that one instead, thanks for the help.

grayscale
12-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Here's some more pics and the fog light rewire mod (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10580) . Go ahead and do it while you're under there, you will be much happier being able to use the fogs whenever you want. Mine stay on all the time. :bigthumbu

celicaGT90_05
12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I might do that later on, its a bit too cold to crawl up under there and do wire splicing lol thanks for the tip though!