PDA

View Full Version : Low RPM's

Lhuix
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Hello guys

This question is because i have a problem with my celica and i don't know what could be, hope you can help me. When the car is totally warmed and i put it on "D" (my car has an A/T), the RPM's goes dramatically down, and the car engine starts to shake lightly.

Anyone have an idea what could it be the problem?

:wtf:

celicaGT90_05
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
well, every auto will drop in RPM's as I'm sure you know, but it could be the timing is off, faulty O2 sensor, or maybe a vacuum line is disconnected. I'm not sure what all it could be but I know those are possibilities

Lhuix
12-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Thank you, but i'm not a professional, lol :), and i don't know where are the vacuum lines (sorry about that :S), could you tell me where are they?. and one more thing, where's the MAP sensor on the 2k celica?

Thank you

angryyoungnpoor
12-28-2007, 05:23 AM
i'd get your timing checked first. That's the most common problem. If you're idle isn't stable, then there could be other issues.

Trance4c
12-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Well.. if your not a professional, at least this will give you an idea.

Vac lines? I'd just listen for a hishing sound on all the rubber vac lines you can see in the engine bay... but I doubt that is it.

This particular problem probably has more to do with regular maintenance. How many miles are on the car? Have you had the transmission serviced? i.e. changed fluids? The other easy basic maintenance wear & tear items would be like the O2 sensor and Idle Air Control (IAC).. but I wouldn't bet on these as its not a fluxing rpm at just idle.. the issue is specifically when you put it in D.. so that points more to a specific problem in the automatic transmission system.

Personally.. I don't like messing with AT's, I would have a good service adviser or toyota dealership take a look at it. Even if it is just to roll up an say, 'Hey.. I've got this weird rpm drop, what do you think it could be?'.

The other simple things to look at are again more regular maintenance parts - spark plugs old and used? Air filter dirty an clogged?

That should give you a couple of things to do before you resort in asking someone to take a look at it.