PDA

View Full Version : Death to benzie

nuclearhappines
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
I know i don't have the fastest car, so sometimes it's cool to die a fun death...

Left to right:

Mercedes C200 kompressor (modded - see sig)
Blacked out Dodge Charger - stock
Tinted LS1 pontiac GTO (actually a caprice SS) - stock
Jeep SRT-8 ? - stock

the charger actually jumped the light getting a bit sideways... followed by me and the gto, followed by the jeep (last to hit the gas ... )

by the end of my 1st gear here's where we are:

me - last
SRT8 - 4 cars ahead of me
GTO - 8 cars ahead of me
Charger - 10 cars ahead of me (2 cars ahead of the GTO!)

from then up to 110mph we are LOCKED like glue in those distances, i may have gained back a half a car on the SRT8 but that's about it...

We redid this about 4 times :) ... 4 different stop lights... what a rush....
I've done this with other cars before... most 'fast' 13 second cars can't walk the benz up top it really annoys the hell out of them... not bad for a 1.8 litre supercharged tank with 10 airbags ...

So far (kill-death)
Tuned N/A supra 1(untuned)-1 (after i tuned it) (1 car for me, 13 cars for him)
Jeep wrangler sport 1-0 (from a 10mph roll , he had the jump too) (2 cars for me)
GTO, Charger, SRT8 4-0 (4-10 car lengths)
cammed and flowmastered GTO 15+ cars , he just kept pulling away
some 2007 V6 chevy 2-0 (2 car lengths)

i really need to get my pulley on and start surprising people :)

Colossus20v
12-12-2007, 10:35 PM
a pulley and a diet. ;)

KoreanJoey
12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, start ditching some of those airbags.

Luni
12-13-2007, 12:06 AM
He has a pulley, just too much of a pussy to put it on yet.

Trance4c
12-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Ouch.. sorry to hear that man.

I ran a new GTO with a very visibily upgraded dual exhaust (a la looks like an MR2 the cans ran so big). Very neck and neck with around 260whp, which leads me to my questions - have you ran a weight on your car yet? 4 corner measurements?

burnyd
12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
a pulley and a diet. ;)

hahahah holy crap where have you been!

and X2!

whatever happened to that diet plan there nukey?

nuclearhappines
12-13-2007, 06:57 AM
i went down from 132 kilos down to 114, and have been holding that for a while that's 250lbs... down from 290 ...

i'm either getting an ipod and starting walkn soon , or i'm going to look for a gym and start lifting again ... but for now i'm just trying to maintain the 250.

Clay, the benz only has 163hp, maybe 180 with all my mods.... so to be glued to a 300-400 hp car past 2nd gear is great for me :p ...

with the pulley on it goes up to 210-215 hp
and then there are two intake mods that just came up on the scene (one takes out a nasty restriction before the throttle body, and one feeds the airbox from the grill vent that is on the air box side of the car (rather from the other side of the car across the radiator))...

with that i'd have ~220hp up from 180 .... the car will liven up alot : ) and i can probably take these guys down on roll ons the way i'm geared...

nuclearhappines
12-14-2007, 07:38 PM
He has a pulley, just too much of a pussy to put it on yet.

it's not that rob, i've been doing this 'modding' thing long enough.

First I wanted to make the car breathe better, then stop and turn better, then add the pulley...

putting a pulley on a car with a stock intake / exhaust and running it in 120* weather is asking for a dead motor

adding power to a heavy ass car with shitty brakes and wobbly suspension is asking for an accident ...

and last but not least , until like 10 minutes ago, it was impossible for me to install the pulley because the pulley removal tool i got was originally designed for cars that have shorter snout pulleys and i had to source some long extension bolts (see below)...

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/Image092.jpg

and

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/4/Image091.jpg

Luni
12-14-2007, 07:40 PM
blah blah blah blah. :p

nuclearhappines
12-14-2007, 07:46 PM
hahahhaa