PDA

View Full Version : First oil change since I fixed the leak

celicaGT90_05
12-11-2007, 09:58 PM
yep, coming on the celicas first real oil change since I fixed that leak from a while back. I usually go to autozone and get a bosche oil filter, but I did something different this time. Instead I went to advance to see what they had, and I picked up a Purolator PureONE oil filter instead. Says it cleans as good as the bosche claimed, it's about a dollar cheaper, and it has an anti-drain back valve which I believe the bosche didnt have. Plus, its a sparkley blue color, seriously it looks like a show piece. Needless to say I think I found myself a new oil filter brand. At any rate I'm sure my celica is going to be happy to experience a real oil change once again after ages of waiting

Slider
12-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Usually the OEM Toyota filters are top notch quality. I'm not sure how much they run though. I go with the filters from NAPA they are made by Wix. I lost my oil filter article but I believe Purolator was pretty good. Just a heads up for other people FRAM filters are mostly crappy.

celicaGT90_05
12-11-2007, 10:08 PM
yeah my dad runs fram but I dont beleive in them....I used one on the celica when I fixed the leak but it was just because I didnt wunna go pricey on an oil filter if there was going to be any more problems, but now that its squared away I'm good to spend a little extra

alltracman78
12-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Pretty much all oil filters have an oil drainback valve now.

And Toyota filters are 6$ a pop here.