PDA

View Full Version : AE-86 + 3sgte

slkspd
12-04-2007, 07:53 AM
I have a 84 ae86 sr5 should i stick with the 4age or go with a 3sgte
the 4age has to be rebuilt and if i keep it i want to get individual throtle
bodys and a few other goods but it's been hard sorceing the parts.

if i go with the 3sgte i wonder if there will have to be alot of fabrication.

91 celica st
12-04-2007, 09:13 AM
st or BT 20v

pure sex

Hiko
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
As far as information on the internet goes (so take it with a grain of salt), the 3sgte will need to have a custom intake manifold made and custom mounts fabricated. You'd also need to find a 3rd gen celica with the 2se engine and get the bellhousing off of that to be able to mount the 3sgte to a w58 transmission. I'd also guess that it'd be easier if you got a oilpan off of a BEAMS 3sge so that the engine could be mounted dead vertically, instead of the cockeyed setup found in the AWD/MR transverse mounting (but remember, that's just my guess). Past that, it's the same old swap problems of fuel, wiring, radiator, et cetera, et cetera. That's really all I know about that swap.

In the end, a 4age will be MUCH easier to put it. But it still won't be as cool as a 3sgte :)

andy
12-04-2007, 05:32 PM
3s is a super hard swap man, you need custom mounts, a custom bellhousing, supra tranny, custom driveshaft, new rearend. Then the piping nightmare, cause the turbo inlet faces the firewall, its a huge cluster fack. Im going altezza 3sge blacktop baby! w00t. thats an engine designed for rwd and comes with a six speed. woot woot

burnyd
12-04-2007, 05:50 PM
3s is a really hard swap.... those cars are cool drift cars to clutch kick at 8k rpms! I would just go for a 20v imho.

donteatbugs
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
if you want easy and cheap go with a blacktop 4age 20v. if you want 210 hp at the crank go with the beams blacktop, it is a little harder than the 20v but i like the idea of not using the t50 transmission. the beams motor and trans can be had for under 2700 shipped to you. that is the lowest ive found. the lowest blacktop 20v ive seen is 800 shipped.