PDA

View Full Version : Celica Hibernation

Mr Celica
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, it was a sad, sad day for me today.

Because of the upcoming winter weather, I was forced to put the Celica away for the season untill early Spring. I did get to take it for one last spirited drive before I ended up taking the system out, cleaning the car, and putting fuel winterizer in my full tank. I cleaned up the yard some and fixed my makeshift parking spot for it. Let the pics explain.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/celica1718/winter1.jpg

and now with the cozy blanket

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/celica1718/winter2.jpg

Goodnight Celica!

Ghosty
12-02-2007, 09:39 PM
aww...

:(

that's a sad goodbye.

But she will ride again, right?

Ads28
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
yeahhh he juts puts her away for the winter..which is somethin i really should do myself

Cavanagh
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
By spring, i would be so anxious to drive it i would go nuts.

Hookecho
12-02-2007, 10:38 PM
it's only for a few months.

Stinger
12-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Its sad to put the Celica away for so long. Mine GT-Four RC has been waiting in the garage since May for me to return from my travels. I still have another 11 months before i get to see her again :(

Mr Celica
12-03-2007, 01:11 AM
yea i just put it away untill it gets melted enough to park it in the driveway and theres no more expected snow. by spring i will be pulling the engine and rebuilding it pretty much.

plans include; new clutch/flywheel, new coltcams, custom intake, milled head, valve job (new seals and a grind), and hopefuly an MSD ignition box to go with my new ignition junk, AEM safc2, new header, custom front pipe with highflow cat, and some new rims and tires.

so its a good thing i have patience to drive it, in the long run it will be worth it.

Ghosty
12-03-2007, 01:23 AM
That's a hell of a list!

It's nice to hear so many people taking care of their Celicas, though. They will always thank you back when they roar to life (even if they need some encouragement to do so)

I really need to get a different daily driver so I can start taking care of this one. First thing I'll do is take care of the under body. Not much rust, but doesn't mean I won't coat the whole damn thing in POR 15.

It may just be an ST but it's still my Celica!

Mr Celica
12-03-2007, 03:19 AM
and thats all that matters.

i got a 4runner for a daily and i hate it. i usually just drive the celica instead. $90 dollars a week in gas is teh gaynuhs. but now winter is hear so i have no choice. im this close to saying screw it and get a corrolla or something that won't rape me on gas.

i love not driving the cel in the winter though. the last time it was driven in winter was 97. and before that it was parked two years. so theres virtually no underbody rust.

celicaGT90_05
12-03-2007, 03:58 AM
it's not so bad, mine doesnt get to hibernate. I just hope I can get my grand prix fixed so it doesnt have to hibernate either...ugh

extremeskillz
12-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Aww how cute. I have two covers on mine :hehe:

Mr Celica
12-03-2007, 05:03 AM
What's the point of that lol

Fuelish
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Yer Celi looks nice and cozy ..... man, I don't regret moving south for a minute (used to live in suburban Detroit MI, moved south to the foothills o' the Smokies in east TN)......it's already December, and I've been able to drive with my top dropped still (as of yesterday, anyway.... ). I hate long northern winters ..... with a passion ..... I need sunshine and warmth :cool:

tuner4life
12-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Its good to see another celica being well taken care of.

Mine wont be exactly "stored" in the winter. I will still take it out and drive it a few times in the winter, but only when the roads are thouroughly cleared and there is no chance of salt. Other than that, I will drive my 1990 Geo Prizm (basically same as corolla (4afe)) all winter, I got new Tiger Paws on it, and it is now pretty good in the snow.

I would suggest a corolla or prizm to anyone as a winter beater.. They are pretty good in the snow, great on gas, and they have the hottest (and fastest) heater of any car I've ever owned!! Just a suggestion.