PDA

View Full Version : my st185 vs my bros tC

wizzards581
11-28-2007, 06:23 AM
mine 3" downpipe, straight flow stock exhuast, boost 10psi.
tC cold air intake, headers, exhuast.

**inside tC video**
1st run
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v472/boi_si/?action=view&current=Run1.flv

2nd run
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v472/boi_si/?action=view&current=Run1a.flv

celicatrd93
11-28-2007, 11:16 AM
hey man not tryıng to rude or anythıng but that was a bad . scıons are really slow. you should of kılled hım specıally beıng 4wd turbo wıth upgrades and 10 psı. maybe somethıng ıs wrong wıth your all trac. scıons run about 15.7 stock ın a quarter mıle. you should be runnıng 14s wıth no problems.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0411scc_2005_scion_test/index.html

ı raced a gırl wıth a scıon on the hıghway. she had exhaust . ı had ıntake exhuast system.header wıth new pıstons rıngs and all new gaskets so good comprasıon and not so good of a clutch on my st celıca and we went from 55-100 she barely put a half car on me. redpunk another member from the sıte was wıth me.

T-spoon
11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
hey man not tryıng to rude or anythıng but that was a bad . scıons are really slow. you should of kılled hım specıally beıng 4wd turbo wıth upgrades and 10 psı. maybe somethıng ıs wrong wıth your all trac. scıons run about 15.7 stock ın a quarter mıle. you should be runnıng 14s wıth no problems.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0411scc_2005_scion_test/index.html

ı raced a gırl wıth a scıon on the hıghway. she had exhaust . ı had ıntake exhuast system.header wıth new pıstons rıngs and all new gaskets so good comprasıon and not so good of a clutch on my st celıca and we went from 55-100 she barely put a half car on me. redpunk another member from the sıte was wıth me.

Eh.. take a look at the 1/4 mile registry. Almost stock alltracs aren't really gimme 14sec. cars. Stock MR2 turbos are, and they're faster than stock alltracs. Also, I would assume the tC in question does have a couple mods that will help it a little. Then it comes down to driver and tires.

19celica90
11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah, i too was kinda suprised that u couldnt even keep up with him. TC's have what, 160hp at the crank? Thats what a stock st185 does in whp, plus u have a couple mods that should ass 10-20hp...maybe ur clutch isnt that great?

celicaGT90_05
11-28-2007, 03:44 PM

You consider 15.7 slow? Most people consider that pretty quick for factory

wizzards581
11-28-2007, 05:04 PM
celicatrd93: when this tC was stock, it can hang with stock 94-01 integra GSR. now swap hondas are fun to play with.

19celica90: could be the clutch slipping? i dont know. its a 18 yr old car.

everyone does notice we were rolling 2nd gear, not a dead stop.

celicaGT90_05
11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
celicatrd9319celica90: could be the clutch slipping? i dont know. its a 18 yr old car

If your clutch is slipping, you will deffinately know it because your engine will start reving higher than it should without much go

wizzards581
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
clutch doesnt seem to slip... if thats the case. i think this just proves my st185 slow or tC are fast. most tC are slow but not all.

Cavanagh
11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Jesus your in an All-trac!!!
From 2nd gear you should beat him even more since your starting IN boost. :runaway: Ahhh!

Good videos though.

T-spoon
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Everyone is remembering here that a stock 5spd tC is faster than most celicas (disreguard 7g GTS of coruse), right? They do not have comparable 1/4mile times. The automatics feel like complete pigs (driven one), but the 5speeds are quicker. I never felt FAST in my nearly stock alltrac. I don't know that a tC would pull on my alltrac like that, never tried it, I do know it pulled on 7gen GTs from a roll, FWIW and kept up with GTS autos, but felt dog slow compared to 14 second cars I've had (shoot, on 5 cylinders the supra is faster).

OP. Your brother needs to buy the supercharger for that tC. Srsly.

T-spoon
11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
since your starting IN boost. :runaway: Ahhh!

Kind of true, though it's actually hard to drive the alltrac in any gear without boost, so much load on that itty bitty turbo.

Hookecho
11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
alltrac = heavy

tc = not

T-spoon
11-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Well, heavier than NA celicas by a bit, but still lighter than the AT.

85gtsblackman
11-28-2007, 11:24 PM
scooby is high 14s stock and it has a small turbo and weighs 3300lbs

T-spoon
11-28-2007, 11:40 PM
scooby is high 14s stock and it has a small turbo and weighs 3300lbs

404 relevance not found.

:hehe:

Besides, it would be more fair to compare your scooby to an ST205 than an Alltrac, and even ST205s are considerably older.

celica91gts
11-29-2007, 12:43 AM
You consider 15.7 slow? Most people consider that pretty quick for factory

true that. 14 sec stock cars are quick as hell. look at the 90-93 celica gts stock time. 17's!? oy.

Mr Celica
11-29-2007, 01:12 AM
ew. i hate the way that tC sounds.

Cavanagh
11-29-2007, 01:31 AM
ew. i hate the way that tC sounds.
Agree.

wizzards581
11-29-2007, 02:34 AM
yes with that exhuast he got 2 tickets and had to smog the car. no cat, custom catback apexi n1... "fartcans"...

Lagos
11-29-2007, 04:43 AM
get an intercooler and a bigger turbo and youll walk him all day.

gt lifthback
11-29-2007, 05:28 AM
but still i find it hard to believe that his alltrac could not beat a tc.............i dont have an alltrac i just have nearly stock gt and it is so easy to smoke a tc....... my guess is what this other people have told you maybe its your clutch.

T-spoon
11-29-2007, 05:40 AM
but still i find it hard to believe that his alltrac could not beat a tc.............i dont have an alltrac i just have nearly stock gt and it is so easy to smoke a tc....... my guess is what this other people have told you maybe its your clutch.

No, you will not be easily smoking 5spd tCs with a 5gen GT unless the tC driver is not any good, sorry. None of the numbers are in your favor. I am quite sure the tC in that video would leave you behind to enjoy that horrid splatty exhaust sound.

Cavanagh
11-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Ya, they got a good 2 to 2 1/2 secs on us in the 1/4mile (referring to gt/gt-s)

Sean
11-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Would be really sad to lose two brothers at the same time while street racing, just thought I should add that.

Trance4c
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
/error to slow

wizzards581
11-29-2007, 05:13 PM

tC with bolt ons can walk stock corolla XRS and integra GSR all day. havent tried a stock 7th gen GTS but would luv to. :laugh:

gt4wannabe
11-29-2007, 05:51 PM
tC with bolt ons can walk stock corolla XRS and integra GSR all day. havent tried a stock 7th gen GTS but would luv to. :laugh:

Heheh "tC with bolt ons.." if an XRS had bolt ons XRS could probably end up walking on a Type S..... or it should i say.....

But actually to say that TC's are slow I would disagree..... 1/4 mile they do run high 15's which should tie with GS-R's..... and I believe all-tracs do run low 15's all day..... but given that.... with your bros bolt ons giving him another 10 ponies..... it should be pretty close...... considering how old your all-trac is and how many miles it you should be up in the mid 15's and so should he...... but if it was from a dig instead of your roll...... you might have the advantage just by a tad bit........

I did race a TC on the highway from a 60 mph roll and he walked on me after we got up to about i'd say maybe 97 mph..... that was because he had one extra person in his car though..... 3 in his and two in my 5th gen gts...... if he would have had only two he should have walked on me by the time we were in the 80's.........

StormyBklyn
11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I've driven my father's tC, which is auto, and while it isn't slow, it isn't fast either. It is nimble though, probably more nimble than my AT. With an auto, and the two or three seconds it takes for the turbo to spool up in my AT, I would say that the tC could probably pull a bit ahead. I don't think the tC could keep up past 80-90 though. The AT pulls a lot harder than the tC at high RPMs at full boost, and there's more of a kick to it.
Also have to take into consideration that I have a 2nd gen JDM 3S with a fading clutch.
I think I will have to ask him to take the tC to the track with me when I get my FMIC installed and clutch replaced.
My father wants to get the turbo kit for the tC (advised him against this with an auto). If he did get it, it would be fun to see which is faster once I have all the exhaust/suspension, body and clutch work done to the AT.

wizzards581
11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
gt4wannabe: my bro-n-law's corolla XRS with cai walks my bros tC with bolt ons but not stock... makes a big different when the vvtl kicks. it also walks stock rsx-s. unbelieveable.

Cavanagh
11-30-2007, 11:00 PM
My father wants to get the turbo kit for the tC (advised him against this with an auto). If he did get it, it would be fun to see which is faster once I have all the exhaust/suspension, body and clutch work done to the AT.
TECHNICALLY, Auto is better for boost since it does not fully disengage the clutch when shifting, so you still have boost and less lag. I would say go for it! That would (too me) be badass.

celicaGT90_05
12-01-2007, 02:08 AM
TECHNICALLY, Auto is better for boost since it does not fully disengage the clutch when shifting, so you still have boost and less lag. I would say go for it! That would (too me) be badass.

false, the only clutch an auto has is a torque convertor clutch which ONLY engages in top gear and when there isnt heavy acceleration. Other than that, automatics do not use a clutch, the torque convertor is a fluid filled unit and its like one fan blowing on to a 2nd fan. This also causes a power loss since it is hydraulic and not all the power will transfer through the fluid, even if fluids arent compressible. If you want the tightest pull you can get, manual is better since its more direct from the motor to the tranny. Plus, even in an auto your motor still drops in revs all the same so the pressure or "boost" is still gonna go down about the same amount

Cavanagh
12-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh my bad then for the false info. :) thanks for clearin that up.

celicaGT90_05
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
no problem man, it's always a learning experience

T-spoon
12-02-2007, 12:35 AM
However... for the really fast cars, the autos are more consistant.. this is not an issue when we're talking about a tC with a supercharger, because that's nowhere fast enough to make shifting a manual perfectly an issue for most people. There are plenty that advocate autos for drag cars.

celicaGT90_05
12-02-2007, 02:18 AM
there are, but there are also many advantages of drag racing for manual tranny cars, you just have to know what you're doing a little better

Murgatroy
12-02-2007, 10:31 AM
However... for the really fast cars, the autos are more consistant.. this is not an issue when we're talking about a tC with a supercharger, because that's nowhere fast enough to make shifting a manual perfectly an issue for most people. There are plenty that advocate autos for drag cars.
If you are talking about serious drag racing, not just trying to have a fast car, auto is always better.

An auto always shifts at the same time, thus eliminating inconsistencies associated with a manual. Sure, there is some parasitic loss, but it is a trade-off for always being the same. If you go to the track and peruse the door slammers there, you will notice that there will be a serious amount of GM Powerglides. This is a 2 speed automatic transmission. The two gears eliminate the RPM drop from shifting and with proper final drive ratio can be tailored to match the powerband of the engine to the length of the strip.

Even high horse Supras have been known to run GM's TH400 behind the 2JZ. Once you get into the FWD applications, though, the manuals are stronger, and there is a lack of R&D for high stress usage FWD trannies.

Another benefit of running an automatic transmission in a forced induction application is that the throttle never has to close. When you shift a manual you let off the gas, closing the butterfly and stopping the air. The blow-off valve then vents the extra pressure to keep from blowing your piping. With and automatic transmission you don't lift your foot, thus the throttle never closes and you keep all the boost.

Even if you 'double clutch,' or use a sequential transmission you still wind up letting off the gas to shift. So while this does in effect stop the clutch engage/disengage power loss, it doesn't stop the loss of boost pressure from the closed throttle.

I used to bracket race a Camaro, it was virtually built for that purpose. It was an automatic equipped car. By eliminating the variable of shifting (and mis-shifting) the last thing to focus on was dialing in traction and work in reaction times. If you are in racing for the money (either prizes or contingency) you want as many variables eliminated as possible so that you are consistent as possible. Automatic transmissions are much more reliable, if more complex, and there are a multitude of products out there to help make them more durable and stress free, including transbrakes and better internals to modify shift points.

This however is a debate that is ages old, and not really pertaining to the thread at hand. I just wanted to lay a few facts, as well as my highly biased and experienced opinion out there. ;)

Cavanagh
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
^Good write.^

I feel smarterer :)

Lagos
12-03-2007, 12:49 AM
The automatic trans that used by drag cars is FAR from the same thing as whats in your normal street car. A typical auto trans will slip under anything more then stock up and give you a good amount of drivetrain loss, making for a much slower car.

real race cars use custom automatic race trannys that are designed for 1/4 use. its not the same thing that comes stock in a scion, or celica.

Murgatroy
12-03-2007, 02:12 AM
The automatic trans that used by drag cars is FAR from the same thing as whats in your normal street car. A typical auto trans will slip under anything more then stock up and give you a good amount of drivetrain loss, making for a much slower car.

real race cars use custom automatic race trannys that are designed for 1/4 use. its not the same thing that comes stock in a scion, or celica.
Not entirely.

I am not speaking in solid based evidence here, but I know that as far as RWD domestics go, we used stock trannies. We would run upgraged valve bodies, plates that would restrict the fluid flow (shift kits) and stall converters.

I have seen uprated valve bodies and stall converters for Honda Automatic Transmissions as well as shops that advertise custom stall converters for many applications.

The main reason that RWD guys, including the import guys, go with the GM trannies is the availability of parts. You can adapt a Turbo Hydramatic transmission to anything in a RWD application. You can pick up a decent shape TH350, rebuilt, with uprated parts, from pump to valve body, for under $800. B&M and TCI sell these day in and day out.

I completely understand that we are comparing apples to oranges when talking FWD vs. RWD. But I have seen several tech articles discussing the recent rule changes in the NHRA allowing different makes to run with GM's new auto tranny that was designed for FWD drag racing applications.

But the point still remains, if you are serious about racing it, you will want to upgrade it, or replace it, many many times.

I am no longer serious into racing, and even if I were, Drag Racing would no long be my choice. I grew up in the twisties, and a good road car is now my desire, and for that, there is no comparison to a manual transmission.

donteatbugs
12-04-2007, 02:44 PM
my alltrac ran a 15.1 with fmic, 3 in exhaust and 7 psi creeping to 10 psi arounf 5500 rpm. no boost controller.

MrWOT
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
When you shift a manual you let off the gas, closing the butterfly and stopping the air.

I beg to differ, I've shifted my alltrac at WOT before, not that I would recommend doing so though ;)

StormyBklyn
12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I beg to differ, I've shifted my alltrac at WOT before, not that I would recommend doing so though ;)

Isn't that referred to as power shifting, and isn't it hell on the synchros?

T-spoon
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Isn't that referred to as power shifting, and isn't it hell on the synchros?

It's pretty hard on the transmission, yes.

celicaGT90_05
12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
when you drag race anything is hard as hell on the transmission....thats why you get them built with softer metals so they can absorb the impact better

gt4wannabe
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
gt4wannabe: my bro-n-law's corolla XRS with cai walks my bros tC with bolt ons but not stock... makes a big different when the vvtl kicks. it also walks stock rsx-s. unbelieveable.

Hehehe yeah bone stock the XRS is a better matchup agaisnt a RSX Type S than the Celica GT-S can you believe that? hahaha..... Yeah my buddies cousin has an XRS and man boy does he love that thing..... he debaged it and pulled up next to a RSX and it was basically dead even the guy in the RSX later asked wtf is in that corolla? he said its an XRS.... the guy was like damn that thing is pretty quick for a rolla.... smiled and drove off.

yeah the VVTL-I is completely better in every aspect than the VVT-I but at the same time I wish Toyota would have had the TC's a 2.4L VVTL-I instead of the older VVT-I.

T-spoon
12-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Hehehe yeah bone stock the XRS is a better matchup agaisnt a RSX Type S than the Celica GT-S can you believe that? hahaha..... Yeah my buddies cousin has an XRS and man boy does he love that thing..... he debaged it and pulled up next to a RSX and it was basically dead even the guy in the RSX later asked wtf is in that corolla? he said its an XRS.... the guy was like damn that thing is pretty quick for a rolla.... smiled and drove off.

yeah the VVTL-I is completely better in every aspect than the VVT-I but at the same time I wish Toyota would have had the TC's a 2.4L VVTL-I instead of the older VVT-I.

Well, the only reason the XRS got that head is because it was already built for the GT-S. It was much easier to just throw a camry motor in the tC instead of develop a GE VVTLI head, and the sales suggest as usual the boring way worked just fine, even though enthusiasts just yawn at it.

wizzards581
12-05-2007, 02:58 AM
i read somewhere on toyotanation that since the 2az replace the 3s/5s, its going to be with toyota for a good while. even the corolla/matrix is carrying it in the XRS models coming up... hmm... boost ready?

bloodredgt
12-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Nice job with taking the videos to get proof of your loss (jk =P).

I'm very surprised that you were not able to beat a tC. I raced my old 91 Celica gt 5spd against my cousin's auto tC and I walked him even though he had an intake and full cat-back exhaust. All I had was stock motor, flex pipe back exhaust, and lightened flywheel. I beat him almost every race we ran. I'm sure a few members on here remember the video I posted years ago.

T-spoon
12-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Nice job with taking the videos to get proof of your loss (jk =P).

I'm very surprised that you were not able to beat a tC. I raced my old 91 Celica gt 5spd against my cousin's auto tC and I walked him even though he had an intake and full cat-back exhaust. All I had was stock motor, flex pipe back exhaust, and lightened flywheel. I beat him almost every race we ran. I'm sure a few members on here remember the video I posted years ago.

Yeah.. and it has been discussed many times.. and actually, in this thread, how the Auto is considerably slower than the 5spd :) This is the case with pretty much any NA Toyota. The NAs with autos are almost always (I would say always but can't be 100% sure so I'll say almost always) very noticeably slower in the 1/4 than the manual versions. Pick any you can think of and it's true, 4g, 5g, 6g, 7g celicas, camrys, corollas.. the auto trannys aren't geared for 1/4 mile.

So don't be suprised, because he wasn't racing what you raced.

Hookecho
12-05-2007, 03:59 AM
my auto gts will smoke everyone's car who posted in this thread. even that poopra David. :)

T-spoon
12-05-2007, 04:04 AM
my auto gts will smoke everyone's car who posted in this thread. even that poopra David. :)

:lolhittin You funny.

Hookecho
12-05-2007, 04:07 AM
i'll spray a 150 shot just for you. :hehe:

T-spoon
12-05-2007, 07:13 AM

Meh, mine's benched right now anyway, so lots of people would beat it :P

Mafix
12-06-2007, 03:50 AM
i'm game!!!

bloodredgt
12-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah.. and it has been discussed many times.. and actually, in this thread, how the Auto is considerably slower than the 5spd :) This is the case with pretty much any NA Toyota. The NAs with autos are almost always (I would say always but can't be 100% sure so I'll say almost always) very noticeably slower in the 1/4 than the manual versions. Pick any you can think of and it's true, 4g, 5g, 6g, 7g celicas, camrys, corollas.. the auto trannys aren't geared for 1/4 mile.

So don't be suprised, because he wasn't racing what you raced.

Still surprising. I thought an all-trac would be able to take a tC easily. Guess I thought wrong. It's pretty common knowledge that autos in toyotas are a good deal slower than the 5 spds. Having in mind that my celica had at least 70hp less than the all-trac, I thought the alltrac would still have taken the tC.

T-spoon
12-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Still surprising. I thought an all-trac would be able to take a tC easily. Guess I thought wrong. It's pretty common knowledge that autos in toyotas are a good deal slower than the 5 spds. Having in mind that my celica had at least 70hp less than the all-trac, I thought the alltrac would still have taken the tC.

You're assuming a FWD celica has the same parasitic loss from crank to wheels as an AWD celica, which is not the case, so probably not at least 70hp, but I know what you mean in any event. A bit suprising perhaps but once you consider all the factors certainly possible ;)

mighty
12-09-2007, 02:20 AM
i'm game!!!

150 NOZ lolol :lolhittin

Some cats have no idea !!

Hookecho
12-09-2007, 03:57 AM
i'm game!!!

that would be a long drive.

Hookecho
12-09-2007, 03:59 AM
150 NOZ lolol :lolhittin

Some cats have no idea !!

BAN

Disco Dan
12-11-2007, 04:38 AM
I wonder how high you were letting the revs go before shifting. I've found in my 3SGE, that when I've done some of those spontaneous races from stoplights, that it's not hard to surprise the driver. Often times it's a Honda or Acura, but every once in a while, another Celica. Never gone up against a tC. Not sure I'd want to, really. Mostly people don't expect an old Toyota convertible to have any oomph.

In any case, the 3SGE (and I presume the 3SGTE) have a nice, high redline, and if you're willing to keep pushing past 6000 up to the redline before shifting, you won't be disappointed in your ability to stay ahead. At least that's what's worked for me in the past.

Although one night, out of the blue, I ended up pulling up next to a Saab convertible, and I actually kept up with and was slightly ahead of him up to 7500 in 2nd gear, but once I had to shift, (and presumably he didn't), he smoked me. Seemed like a cool guy, though.

What's this thread about again? I've totally lost track.

vip09
12-11-2007, 06:35 PM

I call BS on your title! :bs:

I don't think you're anywhere near the fastest N/A GTS on C-Tech!! :ohyeah:

T-spoon
12-11-2007, 10:06 PM

:laugh: I don't think that's to be taken seriously.. besides.. nitrous is not NA exactly..

Hookecho
12-11-2007, 10:36 PM

don't take shit so seriously vip.

vip09
12-12-2007, 02:05 AM
don't take shit so seriously vip.

I was just messing with you, it's cool! :bigthumbu

andy
12-12-2007, 09:20 AM
notice that cool aid guy = lack of seriousness

T-spoon
12-12-2007, 04:45 PM
notice that cool aid guy = lack of seriousness

I thought that was kind of a, "Did I just say that, you bet I did!" sort of thing, not really a, "I'm just kiddin around" sort of thing. Damn you, the internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS, get it right!

Hookecho
12-12-2007, 09:15 PM
it's all cool guys. i like the vip. :)

mighty
12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Hookecho have you ever had your ride dyno'ed ???

What does your brother have in his TC as far as Moods??

505celicaGT
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
that sucks dude but to me.. i think he was getting the upper hand.. i know i dont have a all trac or anything but he kinda fooled you due to the rollin starts.. but hey try racin him from a stop? maybe that will shut him up? but come to think of it i raced a '0something celicagt and i kept right with him in my 93gt? idk. that didnt look right on how he was pullin on you like that?? /frown =(

wizzards581
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
mighty: my bros tC has cai/H/E...

505celicaGT: he knows i will kill him on the jump, thats why we did a roll to see the top end power. im sure this tC can kill a "stock" 7th gen GTS... i can put my bets on it.

ciento44
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
I wonder how high you were letting the revs go before shifting. I've found in my 3SGE, that when I've done some of those spontaneous races from stoplights, that it's not hard to surprise the driver. Often times it's a Honda or Acura, but every once in a while, another Celica. Never gone up against a tC. Not sure I'd want to, really. Mostly people don't expect an old Toyota convertible to have any oomph.

In any case, the 3SGE (and I presume the 3SGTE) have a nice, high redline, and if you're willing to keep pushing past 6000 up to the redline before shifting, you won't be disappointed in your ability to stay ahead. At least that's what's worked for me in the past.

Although one night, out of the blue, I ended up pulling up next to a Saab convertible, and I actually kept up with and was slightly ahead of him up to 7500 in 2nd gear, but once I had to shift, (and presumably he didn't), he smoked me. Seemed like a cool guy, though.

Saabs have stupid long gears and a large large powerband, if they're turbo, so i've found. Even when i had the stock turbo on mine, if i rolled into it in 3rd gear at about 35, and just held it, it would go to 90 in what felt faster than the celica would do 0-40. If i had the knowledge to put a Saab 2.3 Turbo motor into a Celica, i would do it in a heartbeat. Nasty nasty motors.

As for the tC thing... look around. People are getting low 15s out of these things bone stock. I've seen multiple ones locally hit 15.3, one hit a 15.2. Any n/a stock celica besides a 7th gen GTS has no chance against one.

A tC is a better match for a Civic Si, 92-93 GSR, so on and so forth.

And whoever is getting high 15s out of a DC2 Integra GSR needs to learn to drive.

I know this is digging, but this was always a large subject of debate to a lot of my local drag strip buddies.

celica91gts
02-19-2008, 11:36 PM
celicatrd93: when this tC was stock, it can hang with stock 94-01 integra GSR. now swap hondas are fun to play with.

19celica90: could be the clutch slipping? i dont know. its a 18 yr old car.

everyone does notice we were rolling 2nd gear, not a dead stop.

brake boost! u should have killed him!

wizzards581
02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
brake boost! u should have killed him!

killed? ram him off the road? its my bro... :bigthumbu :eek:

93bottlefedGT-S
02-22-2008, 03:17 PM
not a bad race.... u might wanna check some things though... 10lbs of boost on ur car vs. a n/a tC ehhh...

true that. 14 sec stock cars are quick as hell. look at the 90-93 celica gts stock time. 17's!? oy.

agreed... my stock 5th gen ran a 16.8 on drag radials bone stock...

now i think it barely runs 15.5 +/- with just simple mods... and thats with out the bottle!

celica9303
02-23-2008, 02:29 AM
I can get a stock 7th Gen gts auto if you wanna come her with the tc and run ya or a modified tc and do a tc to tc battle from a roll?

ciento44
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I can get a stock 7th Gen gts auto if you wanna come her with the tc and run ya or a modified tc and do a tc to tc battle from a roll?

7th gen GTS Auto is the slowest of all 7th gens...

I could probably take one in a stock 5th gen.

celica9303
02-26-2008, 04:35 AM
What's your point? Hell get to smile cuz he beat one and they have paddle shifters.

ciento44
02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Works for me!!

wizzards581
02-27-2008, 04:42 AM
What's your point? Hell get to smile cuz he beat one and they have paddle shifters.

paddle shifters... more like a sport shift.

wizzards581
02-27-2008, 04:47 AM

i shift at 7k rpms... it doesn't matter if i go further jus look at power band... his is still pulling away. again my car needs more maintenance... i jus notice my distributor leaked badly inside... there goes $400 for genuine toyota distributor.

Wicked Toys
03-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Nice Vids but I do agree your car should have done better. I have slight bolt-ons and was running 10psi and kept up with my co-workers Stock 05 STI till about 60-70ish then he said seeya. I was suprised my car did what it did.

celica9303
03-07-2008, 10:39 PM
paddle shifters... more like a sport shift.

agreed but it is still paddles on the steering collum one for up and the other for shift down

revv_head
03-10-2008, 06:51 AM
How do you americans have your blinkers on constantly like that?

Luda
03-10-2008, 07:40 AM
gadamn, my 5s redline is 6,250, and it pretty much chokes after about 5K

definatly need to gets me some 3sgte powa.... after this motor dies or i get a raise, which ever happens first.

wizzards581
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
How do you americans have your blinkers on constantly like that?

dont know wat ur talking about.

revv_head
03-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Your turning indicators. They are permantly on. Mine flash.

wizzards581
03-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Your turning indicators. They are permantly on. Mine flash.

its on with the parking lights. when i signal it gets brighter. im sure its similar with other 5th gens.

jlspec
04-10-2008, 01:05 AM
This is a pretty old thread, but yeah the all-trac should've beaten the TC considering the modifications he listed. I raced a friends TC with the same mods at the local track and I beat him pretty easy. All I have is a filter and exhaust. My alltrac gets a lot of maintance love from me, so the car runs really good for a 18 year old car. My car stock boost is about 9-10 psi, so your there is diffenetly something wrong with your alltrac.

wizzards581
04-11-2008, 09:19 PM
yes the distributor leaked realy bad. now its waiting for a distributor. remember, we did frm a 2nd gear roll.. but tC's are not slow...