PDA

View Full Version : Shopping List........

fresh1134206
11-21-2007, 04:35 AM
I have a 1992 GT-S, and I have a rod knocking in the engine. Its the 5s-fe btw. So what Im planning on doing the 3s-gte swap, and I need some help with what parts I need. Obviously I need these:

Engine
ECU
Hood
Wiring Harness
Sensors
Gauges
5s-fe clutch disk
3s-gte clutch plate
5s-fe transmission (I have this)

Basically Im wondering if anyone knows what sensors EXACTLY that I need. By exactly I mean names...... Also, am I missing anything? Thanks!!

burnyd
11-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Buy A Clip!

TEAMFaint
11-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Buy A Clip!

Word.
By the time you piece everything together, it will equal the cost of
a clip anyways.
If you have one available that you can purchase, go with it instead.

Check out the forced induction section and look under
"THINKING ABOUT SWAPPING? READ THIS FIRST!!"

Because I swear to God I'm gonna fry this site if another person makes
a damn thread like this.

celica1990gts
12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Because I swear to God I'm gonna fry this site if another person makes
a damn thread like this.[/QUOTE]

temper, temper :stupid:

Hookecho
12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
just deal with it. if a member, especially a brand new member, asks a valid question that has been covered then i ask you kindly point him towards the search button or a sticky. then offer to help him after he has done a little research. new members may not know thier way around the site yet so we need to be welcoming and helpful.

Murgatroy
12-16-2007, 02:30 AM
I am gonna go make a post just like this in the FI forum in a little bit. :hehe:

Carolina91GT-S
12-16-2007, 06:01 AM
You can buy an engine clip, better than an engine only but not as expensive a complete front clip. I bought an engine clip that came with the Engine with all manifolds and pumps,AWD Transmission, axles, all 4 engine mounts and brackets, ECU, engine harness, all the plugs(except 2 easy to find/common ones) and circuit opening relay, MAF, Turbo sensor, coil, igniter,etc ...seems like the only thing that didn't come with mine was the fuel injector resistor pack for some reason, oh and an alltrac crossmember which you may or may not need depending on what you are doing transmission wise(from your post, you won't need it).