PDA

View Full Version : New 480HP Nissan GT-R twin turbo V6 AWD

StormyBklyn
11-16-2007, 05:52 PM
From Gizmodo - Article from the LA auto show (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cars/nissan-gt+r-my-new-fav-geek-car-323485.php)

I love the dashboard display. This thing even tells you how much torque you're putting out.
The car is sweet!

Shadowsonic
11-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Also $70K ;)

MrWOT
11-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I could give a crap about 90% of that car, I just want the awd system :drool:

andy
11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
amazing machine.

3sgte@daspeedof
11-16-2007, 06:44 PM
I told a friend this week I would give my left nut & left pinky for a very nice processor. But I want to take that back, and say I would give my left & right nut, as well as one eye, and a few unborn children for this car.

Azzazzyn
11-16-2007, 06:48 PM
^i have already offered up my ability to bear children and stuff to the gods of nissan, still no response though. and its 57k at its base. 80-90k for the gt-r evo

Mr E
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Also $70K ;)

And no doubt 70,000 UK pounds when it gets here.

In the UK it's going to be porsche 911 money.

Azzazzyn
11-16-2007, 07:08 PM
^thank god they've been running it against a gt3 i think it was? might of been a 911. It beat that poor porsche to death on the track.

StormyBklyn
11-16-2007, 07:19 PM
And no doubt 70,000 UK pounds when it gets here.

In the UK it's going to be porsche 911 money.

I think it was meant to be a 911 Turbo killer.

StormyBklyn
11-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Also $70K ;)

That's all? I'll take two. Heck, make that three. Don't want to put too many miles on any of them.

GRUMPY514
11-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Dood Ill lease that puppy for a year or two just to turn some heads :)

Beat it to hell and then give it back :)

T-spoon
11-17-2007, 12:14 AM
I predict this car will be a nightmare to work on/upgrade for anyone that is not very good with auto electronics. If you get into an accident.. oh lord will you pay. 12 sensors just for the AWD system in the front.. we're talkin big bucks. Insurance on it, I predict, will be astronomical.

Hookecho
11-17-2007, 12:38 AM
it's cool, but not my first choice for 70k.

Blackcloud
11-17-2007, 12:52 AM
i thought they have been putting that digital dash stuff in the past skylines as well?

Sean
11-17-2007, 12:58 AM
That car is going to stun the market, I'm excited. I absolutely love it.

'90 CeLicA Aus
11-17-2007, 01:31 AM
What a fucking animal, I'd trade my Celi for it.

I'd expect cash on top, as well as the GTR, though...

Sean
11-17-2007, 01:57 AM
What a fucking animal, I'd trade my Celi for it.

I'd expect cash on top, as well as the GTR, though...

Right....

I dont get people sometimes (not necessarily you). This car is fucking amazing, it smokes any of the top 3 domestic cars in 0-60, quarter mile, and on the ring. Its faster then 5/6ths of the current porsche aresenal. The car is a fucking beast.

Looks is subjective, I expect people to like it or not based on their own personal opinion. BUT, as far as price/performance/value, what more do you people want?

People are so damn hard to please, thats part of why cars are such a fashionable item as they allow individualization. How about a "wow nissan, way to step out on a ledge and try something daring, ballsy, something with pesto. Thanks for gambling on our car that a lot of us are going to gawk at and enjoy as it rolls by someday."

Seems like people just like to be whiney, to be whiney.

MY celica, as well as Pats celica, anybodys celica is absolute JUNK IMHO compared to this thing.

T-spoon
11-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Right....

I dont get people sometimes (not necessarily you). This car is fucking amazing, it smokes any of the top 3 domestic cars in 0-60, quarter mile, and on the ring. Its faster then 5/6ths of the current porsche aresenal. The car is a fucking beast.

Looks is subjective, I expect people to like it or not based on their own personal opinion. BUT, as far as price/performance/value, what more do you people want?

People are so damn hard to please, thats part of why cars are such a fashionable item as they allow individualization. How about a "wow nissan, way to step out on a ledge and try something daring, ballsy, something with pesto. Thanks for gambling on our car that a lot of us are going to gawk at and enjoy as it rolls by someday."

MY celica, as well as Pats celica, anybodys celica is absolute JUNK IMHO compared to this thing.

All I said is that it's going to be an extremely expensive car to own, even after the 70k is paid. I'm sure it's a great car, but expect some issues to come from the complexity. Lots of engineering and electronics to deal with.

Hiko
11-17-2007, 03:10 AM
I'd rather have an Ariel Atom for that kind of money. It costs $70k, but can beat a Carrera GT on a track, Porsches 1 of 6 that Nissan didn't design to beat. No, it's not a daily driver, but in all reality, the GTR is not going to be for anybody that has the money to buy it. Their DD will be either a BMW or a Mercedes.

And I couldn't agree more with T-Spoons statements. The GTR will not be a tuner car, same as the new EVO. To safely do anything mechanical will require gobs of computer work. Not something it seems most tuners can claim to be good at.

I'm not whiney just to be whiney. If I'm going to be spending my imaginary $70k, I want the absolute best :hehe:

cms-gt4
11-17-2007, 03:24 AM
The car will be harder to fix from an accident than you think, but it will be cool as hell.

Nissan color change paint.

http://www.dailytech.com/Nissan+Develops+Color+Changing+Paint+for+Vehicles/article9611.htm

Sean
11-17-2007, 06:33 AM
I'd rather have an Ariel Atom for that kind of money. It costs $70k, but can beat a Carrera GT on a track, Porsches 1 of 6 that Nissan didn't design to beat. No, it's not a daily driver, but in all reality, the GTR is not going to be for anybody that has the money to buy it. Their DD will be either a BMW or a Mercedes.

And I couldn't agree more with T-Spoons statements. The GTR will not be a tuner car, same as the new EVO. To safely do anything mechanical will require gobs of computer work. Not something it seems most tuners can claim to be good at.

I'm not whiney just to be whiney. If I'm going to be spending my imaginary $70k, I want the absolute best :hehe:

No worries, my point is... A manufacture went out on a limb, I think people should applaud that fact. At least Nissan has the balls to make a business venture!

Azzazzyn
11-17-2007, 06:39 AM
well you all know I <3 nissan and I've been waiting for this car for a few years now. Next motor trend show I'll ge tto sit in it !!!!!! w00t!

extremeskillz
11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
a corvette with the STS turbo systems looks more attractive then that car.

Mafix
11-17-2007, 06:45 PM
the show GTR goes for about 85Kusd. read about it in CandD. lotsa money for nissans attempt to take market from porsche. beautiful car but i'd rather have a viper for that money (not a huge vette fan).

turbo4ag
11-17-2007, 10:53 PM
The only way you will ever take anything from the Corvette/Viper market is to have it made by a domestic company, make it OHV and naturally aspirated.

Sick car though. You really cant engineer much better for the price.

Mafix
11-18-2007, 04:18 AM
i wouldn't mind a ford gt either.

Trance4c
11-18-2007, 04:28 AM
Is anyone else not interested to know about the rear transmission mounting with a front engine mounting? Are you telling me this bitch is dual shafted? bwahahahaha

Mafix
11-18-2007, 04:38 AM
no it looks like a AWD truck underneath. worked on a couple infinities with this system. interesting how they did that and made it fit.

'90 CeLicA Aus
11-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Right....

Hahahahaha
ha
ha

ha

ha.

What I said was totally tongue in cheek for those that cannot tell sarcasm.

I'd sell both thumbs (and probably a nut) for that car, (Ie: The car is a fucking animal = The car is damn swwweeeeetttttttttt)

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
11-19-2007, 05:48 AM
Where is the BEAST MODE button at??? :bowdown:

Ghosty
11-19-2007, 06:49 AM
Yes, the Skyline is tasty. But all I know is, Toyota better step up to the plate.

To wit, for 2008:

FIVE sport utility vehicles (4-runner, FJ, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Rav 4)

TWO pickups (Tundra, Tacoma)

THREE sedans (Avalon, Camry, Corolla)

ONE hatch (Matrix... no AWD... no 2zz-ge even)

ONE overweight, unsporty, poor excuse for a coupe (Solara, 3200 lbs)

The closest thing with "performance" in the lineup is the Yaris...

Toyota is the only manufactuer that isn't producing sports cars. The marque is all but absent from motorsports- a few dinosaur Supras in the Super GT running V8s. The closest thing is the Lexus IS350. What gives? Have they no pride? Or Balls?

The new Skyline means that Toyota and other manufactures need to step up to the plate. Not only in performance cars, but in motorsports.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
11-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Whats going on with Toyota's concept Supra???

Ghosty
11-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Whats going on with Toyota's concept Supra???

What's going on with Toyota's concept Supra is there IS NO concept supra.

That "LF-A" you saw was most likely never going to be badged a Supra. It's more likely a Lexus. And last thing I heard, they were moving more and more away from it.

Toyota is not making another Supra. At this time.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
11-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Gotcha

Ghosty
11-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Actually, forget about what I just said.

I was looking over info about the 40th annual Tokyo Motor show (which ended Nov. 11) and saw Toyota was featuring the latest iteration of the LF-A, which goes by the moniker FT-HS. It's a 3.5L V6 mated to a hybrid system. No indication of if this will be more than a concept car, but it's there, for what it's worth.

Lexus also has their own spin off of the technology, the IS-F, with a 5L V8. Also features an 8 speed transmission. 423PS, according to the article. This seems much more close to fruition than the FT-HS.

http://www.7tune.com/?p=121

Rick89GTS
11-21-2007, 07:12 AM
Gotta say, Nissan has done a lot in terms of ratcheting up the horsepower race. IMO, Nissan gives you the best bang for the buck these days.

hobbie2k
11-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Gotta say, Nissan has done a lot in terms of ratcheting up the horsepower race. IMO, Nissan gives you the best bang for the buck these days.

...in sportscars. They don't offer much in the sport compact market. Whatever happened to the Sport Concept, a two-door 200hp 2.5L powered Versa?

http://www.conceptnissan.com/2000/2005_sports_concept-03.jpg

Or the Foria, a 2+2 front engine, rear drive sport coupe positioned below the Z?

http://www.conceptnissan.com/2000/2005_foria-01.jpg

Or the Urge, a two-seat, high-revving sport coupe?

http://www.conceptnissan.com/2000/2005_urge-02.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'd give both nuts for a GT-R (I already have a kid coming anyway), and love the Z, but I would like to see them competing in other classes.