PDA

View Full Version : Hello folks!

mook
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi there,

Just thought I'd say hello and give my credentials. Joined up after being contacted by Jay regarding some Carlos Sainz replica graphics, so thought I'd join up and see what the fuss is about :)

I'm from the UK and own a JDM ST185 RC which I have done quite a bit of work to. Will get some up to date pics up once I get it back from the garage in a week or two with the last mods sorted.

Spec so far is something like this;

Engine - Fully polished/ported head with 1mm oversized exhaust valves, Piper 264 degree high lift cams and HKS adjustable cam gears. 1.4mm TTE metal gasket and ARP ghead studs. This runs through a polished/ported 9 stud manifold into an ATS Racing TD06 turbo kit with recirc downpipe into a full 3" Aussie Exhausts system, albeit with the rear box changed for a 3" straight through Megan Racing carbon fibre muffler. Intake is a Blitz SUS filter sitting in a custom airbox fed from the front bumper feeding the turbo through a stright polished ali pipe. Management is via a Motec M4 Pro ecu with lambda upgrade, allowing removal of AFM, which looks after the SARD 800cc side feed injectors which are sat in a Wolfkatz fuel rail replenished via a Walbro 255l/hr in-tank pump and an Aeromotive adjustable FPR. Oil filter has been relocated and a 13 row Mocal cooler added. Air/con has been removed and lightweight pullies are on in an effort to remove drain from the engine. Gearbox is standard but it's connected to the engine via an uprated RPS organic sprung clutch. Chargecooler has been fully lagged in F1 grade meterial (a chum who works for Red Bull F1 Racing did it for me) and has a larger pre-rad fitted. Engine rad is upgraded with a Pace ali unit.

Currently running around 18psi boost giving something like 340 flywheel hp. Under bonnet is polished up with various chrome/ali bits, blue Samco hoses and my own custom made carbon fibre cooling and side panels :)

Interior - Cobra Daytona tilt/recline front seats with a complete retrim in black leather and deep purple alcantara (don't worry, its not as pimp as it sounds), Momo steering wheel and handbrake cover, Sparco knob, ali pedals and a-pillar mounted Defi Link boost and oil pressure gauges. My own custom dials are fitted to match the Defi gauges. Some 'choons' are being provided by a Pioneer mp3/cd head unit with the Supersound 10 system componants upgraded and a couple of amps thrown in.

Exterior - Respray in a deeper metalic grey, full Skewer custom graphics in gemstone black and red, custom Skewer front corner splitters, 18" Inovit ST-VI alloys with 215/40/18 Yoko Parada Spec-2 rubber. Rear wheels are on H&R 1" hubcentric bolt-on spacers to fill those wide arches! Will soon have custom made quad headlights with projector dipped and Hella main beam units!

Suspension/Brakes - Dropped 1" on Eibach Pro springs with KYB Exxel-G gas shocks, full poly bushes all round, TRD top mounts and J-Speed 3 point front strut brace. Stoppers are a Hi-Spec big kit with 325/30mm (that's over 12 1/2 x 1") six groove disks, 4 pot gold calipers, EBC Red Stuff fast road pads with rear discs machined to be 6 groove also, same pads. Braided hoses with dot 5.1 fluid. May need an upgrade to the ST205 master cylinder, but fine for now.

Here's some 'old' pics from my website - pre paintjob, new graphics, quad lights and the finishing touches under the bonnet. Will add some more when I get the motor back and give it a good clean :bigthumbu

http://skewer.co.uk/project1.jpg

http://skewer.co.uk/project2.jpg

http://skewer.co.uk/project3.jpg

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
11-16-2007, 01:51 PM
WoW...your car is very nice and clean, welcome to celi tech make yourself at home....youve got a beaut!

Blue91CelicaGT
11-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Not a big fan of purple in cars but you've done wonders with it....Nice ride.

Sean
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Holy crap!

jason
11-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Lots of eye-candy there, welcome to the boards!

MrWOT
11-16-2007, 05:20 PM
I like it, but I have to give a big wtf to that choice of shocks/springs considering the rest of the setup? :squint:

tuner4life
11-16-2007, 05:36 PM
looks really cool, you'll enjoy it here!!

Hookecho
11-16-2007, 05:48 PM
welcome! nice car!

3sgte@daspeedof
11-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Can I come over and be your bastard child, that gets to drive that beast every once in a while.
I mean damn thats one clean ass car. Beautiful simply beautiful.

But yea whats with the cheap out on the springs and shocks especially when you have two or three full coilover setups that you can probably get locally.

Murgatroy
11-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I have seen pictures of your car posted before. I know the Carbon Fiber engine trim pieces caused quite a stir a while ago.

Looks very nice and glad to finally have you aboard.

mook
11-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys, good to be here and get more ideas for the old motor aswell as those from the UK :D Ooh, someone posted up pics of my carbon panels, nice one, I still have some of the cooling panels left ;)

The suspension is a reasonably basic road set-up. Was looking for comfort aswell as drivability and at the time of chooseing them I was a little short of cash. May get a coilover kit eventually but it's fine for my needs at present as it's intended as just a road car with no outings on the strip or track planned.

Can't waity to get it back now and take some updated pics, it's looking a little different from the outside and the underbonnet stuff really should shine :D

toyotaguy90
11-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!

Sean
11-17-2007, 12:59 AM
I would buy one of those cooling panels if you have one! PM ME!

geebes
11-17-2007, 04:09 AM
HOLY SHIT!! Its the guy!!! I ve had your car as my desktop background for the longest time! The wrc stickers or whatever they are are amazing! Great car!

Welcome!

BTW, what is the graphic on your intercooler?

Chris
11-17-2007, 04:21 AM
Well hell, that was my last clean pair of pants.

celicaGT90_05
11-17-2007, 05:14 AM
car looks very nice, and I love the engine layout, bet that car is a blast to drive. Welcome to c-tech!

Murgatroy
11-17-2007, 10:54 AM
I know that Coldiron has been searching for your carbon fiber panels for years. ahe goes by CMS-GT4 on here. I will be PMing him a link to this thread. I am almost certain that he will want a set of them.

mook
11-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi guys, thanks again for the kind words, and apologies for messing up your last pair of pants Chris, hehe.

Glad you liek the panels. It's the front cooling panel which I have some of, had a batch of 10 made up initially. They're sorted by a company local to me who make all the carbon fibre gear for the Renault F1 team, it's superb stuff, but obviously not as cheap as something the Chinese could knock out. If more than one of your were after them I'd be able to reduce costs on shipping, and probably work something out on price too. They come un-lacquered and require a minor smooth down on the bottom part, then a couple of coats of lacquer really brings them out nicely. I'd be happy to throw in any graphics anyone wanted on them too :)

geebes > Hopefully have some better pics sorted soon of the updated graphics and so forth, be happy to do them in the correct resolution for a background if you're interested :)

The graphic on the chargecooler is my company logo 'No Monkey Business' :D

mook
11-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Oooh, got a pic the other day of the new front brakes. Gives a small clue as to the new paintjob and graphics too ;)

http://www.skewer.co.uk/hispec05.jpg

TEAMFaint
11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Just a quick question..
Where did you get your RHD a-pillar for your gauges?
I've been tryin to find one for my Gt-Four for quite sometime.

MrWOT
11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Oooh, got a pic the other day of the new front brakes. Gives a small clue as to the new paintjob and graphics too ;)

:laugh: You painted the wiring diagram on your car?! That... is... AWESOME :D

Cavanagh
11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I like :D

mook
11-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Hehe, quite a few people like the wiring diagram :)

The a-pillar gauge mount was from Hyper Sports and Racing here in the UK - http://www.hypersr.com/index2.html - look under Other Parts > A Pillar Pods :)

kroggdor
11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
mook is a great guy...his AFM is running my swap right now...thanks again mook!!!! My car would not be running right now without ya!

Toyota_Todd
11-19-2007, 01:57 AM
I sent Jay the link to your site and told him to check out your car. Its pure sex by the way (and I am partial to the gray since I have one too). Your graphics are subtle yet make a dramatic statement. :bowdown: I've never seen purple look so tastefully executed before. :bigthumbu If I was not so broke, I would be in line for one of your cooling panels. Welcome to the site and be sure to share all of your UK speed secrets with us. LOL.

mook
11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks again for the kind words, and thanks Todd for putting Jay onto me, we've got lots to sort ... once the exchange rate improves for you guys :eek:

mook
11-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Got another pic of under the bonnet as it's nearly complete. Since that first pic above it's had a matching carbon panel on the passenger side (driver to you) and replaced the power steering tank with a nice alloy one. Bonnet strut has been moved to the suspension turret allowing the other carbon to sit in nicely :)

http://skewer.co.uk/nearlydone.jpg

Needs a real good clean and polish up though, looking rather tarnished and dusty under there at the mo

extremeskillz
11-23-2007, 01:37 PM
First of all very nice car and welcome to c-tech. You've done everything that i would have done if i owned an alltrac but into a GT_S keeping it clean. Love it!

Question:
Where did you get the brakes from?

mook
11-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks mate. Brakes are from Hi-Spec, UK based company - http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/Conversions/Toyota/tc185325b4.htm

Downside is the kit is 854.17 before vat. I would imagine you wouldn't have to pay vat as you're out of the UK, but at the current exchange rate that is still $1760 before shipping!!

extremeskillz
11-23-2007, 10:28 PM
crap :hehe: Well at least i asked.

mikeboot
11-24-2007, 12:17 AM
so the carbon fiber things are the "cooling panels" correct?

if so i'd be interested in a set.

mook
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Mike. The cooling panel is the one between the headlights, basicly ensures that air coming in the front dam gets to go through the radiatior - works in tandem with the undertrays in that respect. The one to the right of the pic is the top of my cold air box so I guess I'd call that a cold air box lid, and the one next to the alternator is just a matching one to keep things symetrical, guess that could be related to the power steering tank.

I have some of the cooling panels left, but have not had any of the other side panels made up. That said, some of the guys over here in the UK are interested in them aswell, so I may try and broker a group buy with the manufacturer. They'd be a bit cheaper than the front panel aswell because they're simply cut from flat stock then treated to some graphics and a couple of coats of lacquer :)

I'll post up a tech thread on the filter/cold air box mod and do the same on the forums over here to try and drum up some interest. Might well be able to get a better price on them then - I appreciate it's expensive for you guys to import things at present.

mikeboot
11-24-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks for the explanations. oh forgot to mention that the celica looks outrageous.