PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Tranny Question

94st3sgte
11-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi, i probally am going to sound like a bood with this one but, when I was doing my clutch, the shop told me that they didn't put in the flywheel beering(the beering that goes in the hole on the flywheel) because they said, I don't know what this piece is called, the rod thing that comes from the trans which the clutch sits on, like its a drive rod or something, they said it didn't make it all the way or something, but they also said it was like that when they pulled it off, so i am not sure if thats right or not, or the way the trannies come like that, cause they looked at the end of the rod, and it was not broken or anything? any ideas

burnyd
11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
ask if there talking about a pilot bearing? Because there non existant on that tranny... some places I guess would be confused because of this.

94st3sgte
11-11-2007, 04:54 AM
yeah, i guess like that bearing or whatever they call it the pilot, the piece that goes in the center of the flywheel, so are u saying those trany's don't have that part, cause the drive fork shaft thing doesn't reach it right?

burnyd
11-11-2007, 04:58 AM
yeah, i guess like that bearing or whatever they call it the pilot, the piece that goes in the center of the flywheel, so are u saying those trany's don't have that part, cause the drive fork shaft thing doesn't reach it right?

there is no pilot bearing correct.. it would be the very last peice... but its non existant heh.

94st3sgte
11-12-2007, 04:20 AM
okay, so that drive shaft thing that comes out of the trans never meets the flywheel right?