PDA

View Full Version : Water Injection Kit

TurboTRDCelica
11-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Would anyone be interested in a water injection kit that I can produce for less than all the websites out there yet higher quality and better looking?
I Have a kit I have put together using the typical Shurflo pump but I added a accumulator, and I am using all instant connect fittings with polyethylene tubing rated for 250psi @150 degrees and meant for use with methanol. It will be a much cleaner install than everyone elses kit and you can choose the color of your tubing Blue, Red,Yellow, White, Black, etc... by choosing this method we are eliminating the ugly copper monstrosity that most people use to attach the Accumulator to the pump because they are different thread sizes. With this kit there is no Farels that will cut the tubing and leak. It will use a pressure sensor I have several for different setups, I can make a dual and tripple stage if requested. I have several nozzle setups and designs. I have been researching and setting up this kit for months. removing the nozzle or tubing is so easy you just push in the lock & pull the tubing out. It is the same style tubing that is used on paintball guns that run up to 1200psi air pressure so you know it can run 125psi water/alcohol injection just fine.
I could sell a single stage kit for $300-$315 maybe even less depending on shipping and packaging, I have not seen another kit out there that uses all 100% quality parts that will last for this price most are over $400 I am currently testing this kit on a MR2 and it is performing excellent. The kit will come with 3 different nozzles of your choice. If there is enough interest I could launch a store. I am trying to keep the price as low as possible making only about $15-20 per kit. Also each kit will include 25 ft of 1/4" tubing and 25ft of 3/8 tubing, so if you need to replace any tubing you have more & it's easy.

Amaymi
11-10-2007, 12:59 AM
This is something i would be very interested in. Some before and after results would be nice if possible and pics ofcourse! When your all done at the set up is perfected that is.

TurboTRDCelica
11-10-2007, 03:53 AM
The setup is pretty much perfected, it's based on the common DIY water injection kit that has been in use since the early 90's on Buick Grand Nationals, basically I have looked at alot of kits & they are all the same as far as major components, and they try to maximize profit by using cheap fittings, and some of them don't even have a accumulator, You need a accumulator when running a diaphragm pump. Basically I just saw what everybody else is using & found sources for better fittings, better hoses, better boost sensor, better solenoid. basically a upgrade to everyone elses kit but sold damn near at cost to help all the Toyota guys out there, Low cost, Higher quality. Also more aestetically appealing. SP???

Shadowlife25
11-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Pics :D:D:D

TurboTRDCelica
11-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll have to get the guy I built the kit for to meet up with me he is apart of the local MR2 club, then I can get pictures, he gives me updates when I go out to the car show, he loves it runs Walmart Supertech washer fluid & he no longer see's any knock at all has it set to 10psi activation. He's making close to 400crank hp it's in a AW11 I guess they call it the Mark 1 1/2
I'll get pics asap
also I am putting together another kit for my car & I will get pics of the kit unassembled for you guys.

94st3sgte
11-10-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah thst sounds sweet

2kSnakEater
11-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I used to have an 86 Chevy Nova, it looked Identical to the Corrola in your sig. Thank you, your sig just brought back memories.

Lagos
11-10-2007, 07:03 PM
at 350ish, your kit would be about in the mid price range, of whats out there. i got my devilsown kit for 200bucks. most people are going to be looking for a cheap and simple setup. so if you want to build something better and cheaper, i think you should go after the 200$ price range. most celica guys are on a tight budget.

TurboTRDCelica
11-10-2007, 08:38 PM
yea that $200kit doesn't use a accumulator and diaphragm pumps have a bad habit of pulsation in the stream of water it also takes longer for the water to reach the nozzle & doesn't atomize as good. they are also using pretty cheap tubing. Let me see what I could get my kit down to. I didn't realize anyone had them that cheap at $199 but I discovered another thing there pump isn't as good as mine either nor does that kit have a solenoid. in a high hp or tuning setup that kit would not be ideal because once the sensor closes it powers the pump and now the pump has to pump 20ft and start atomizing right now. I'm sure once the pump is up and going it does ok, but on agressively tuned setups I don't think it would be ideal. I can put together a cheap kit like that & beat their price too. And still use higher quality parts. I got a Total on a basic kit just like the devilsown you mentioned, I could sell that kit for $185shipped including 25' of 1/4" tubing and 25' of 3/8" tubing. The full kit I could do for $285 shipped

Lagos
11-10-2007, 09:10 PM
yea that $200kit doesn't use a accumulator and diaphragm pumps have a bad habit of pulsation in the stream of water it also takes longer for the water to reach the nozzle & doesn't atomize as good. they are also using pretty cheap tubing. Let me see what I could get my kit down to. I didn't realize anyone had them that cheap at $199 but I discovered another thing there pump isn't as good as mine either nor does that kit have a solenoid. in a high hp or tuning setup that kit would not be ideal because once the sensor closes it powers the pump and now the pump has to pump 20ft and start atomizing right now. I'm sure once the pump is up and going it does ok, but on agressively tuned setups I don't think it would be ideal. I can put together a cheap kit like that & beat their price too. And still use higher quality parts. I got a Total on a basic kit just like the devilsown you mentioned, I could sell that kit for $185shipped including 25' of 1/4" tubing and 25' of 3/8" tubing. The full kit I could do for $285 shipped

they actually sell theirs for that much as well, if you have a discount code, that you can get form most forums. there are also some kits on ebay at that price. its really hard to beat that price point, while still making a profit.

as far as what you get with the kit... they all use the same shure flow 150psi pump. the system uses a one way check valve, so there is no waiting for the water to start flowing, since the hose always has fluid in it. its a very simple, and effective setup. ive had mine running for months now, with zero problems.