PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Track Celica

rallyboy
11-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Has anyone ever raced a 5th Generation Celica on a dirt oval? Let me know if it went well or not. Also does anyone know the official horsepower number and torque number that the 91 GTS produces. I think its 130 hp and 140 torque. Does anyone know if having the extra torque will benefit me on the track or should i have went for more horse. I just bought 2 of these cars and already i'm really starting to like them. I hope they preform.

geebes
11-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Search my friend...and welcome. If you live in canada, you may have different specs...got any engine pics?

And, I haven't tried it, but I personally think it would be a great car in the dirt.

If you feel that you need more power search for 3sgte swap, but on dirt I think you have good power.

rallyboy
11-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Has anyone ever gutted their cat and run just a straight pipe exhaust. We race on a dirt track. Our biggest worry is loosing torque. I have read different articles claiming increases in horsepower or decreases in torque because of loss of back pressure. any thoughts on this issue would be appreciated.

celica91gts
11-13-2007, 02:38 AM
so ur asking if anyone on here has ever basicly ran a test pipe? im sure there has. and as for your stright pipe exhaust it depends on how big it is for it to have back flow pressure or not. if yours running a 3 inch diameter stright test pipe ur for sure gona lose torque.

rallyboy
11-13-2007, 04:27 AM
No I am running the stock exhaust pipe size. Easy connection from the cat. Should I change the diameter of the pipe to maintain torque and what is the ideal length for the pipe.Typically we run 2nd to 3rd gear top speed is 60 - 70 MPH. Torque in this gear range is what we are after. All ideas are appreciated.

T-spoon
11-15-2007, 01:59 AM
I think that's as much in the 5sfe power band as you could hope for, torque comes in pretty low, you'll have some decent usable power from 3k-5k or therabouts. An intake for slightly better throttle response would probably be more useful IMO than changing the exhaust.

rallyboy
11-15-2007, 05:18 AM
what about tire size. I have 15" on now but I can go to 14". What size would benifit me the most.

geebes
11-15-2007, 06:07 AM
Trial and error will be your best bet. But just guessing that 15" that you have would be good with some dirt tires.

rallyboy
11-16-2007, 05:01 AM
Does anyone know of a gear speed calculator or a tire size calculator for the celica you can download? I know they had one for the ford probe on the perfromanceprobe.com site. This would help a lot or any software relting to the celica for that matter.

Thanks.

rallyboy
12-05-2007, 05:08 AM
1991 celica gt-s / 5s-fe does anyone out there know the maximum speed/rpm for the manual 5 speed

G.W
12-29-2007, 03:58 PM
fuel cut off happens at 115mph not sure on the rpm 6k i guess

Blue Scapegoat
01-11-2008, 10:45 PM
fuel cut off happens at 115mph not sure on the rpm 6k i guess

Was that changed in 92? I know they upped the power a negligible bit. My 5sfe will edge past 120 before it simply runs out of power.

Also, I've never dynoed my car, and am not very experienced, but my 92 gts is completely stock aside from a cat-less 2.25" borla exhaust, stock exhaust manifold, and a short ram intake. 144,000 miles and it runs the quarter mile the same it did when it was new... So maybe a tiny bit of a power increase after you factor in 16 years of driving?