PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me the exact weight of a 5SFE (s53) transmission

Carolina91GT-S
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Can someone tell me the exact weight of a 5SFE (s53) transmission?

Who has one sitting around that they can weigh? Without the axels, carrier bearing/bracket, and without the engine but otherwise complete.

burnyd
11-06-2007, 12:33 AM
lol can I ask why? Im hoping its for shipping purposes? My guess is around 60-75 lbs

Carolina91GT-S
11-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Well, I am one of those people that doesn't like conjecture. I am doing the 3S-GTE swap and I am going through the XMSN considerations, trying to decide how to proceed etc. I am just trying to eliminate unknowns so I can make an informed decision. Someone mentioned one of my solutions was extremely heavy compared to another...I don't really want to open up a can of transmission worms right now so I won't go into details...but I want to know how much these components weigh so I can know what I am talking about. I can weigh the axles, brackets, etc but rather than dismantling something that is now intact I figured that someone on this BB might have one sitting around that they could weigh.

I can guess as well...I would guess that your guess ins't that far off...but it's only a guess. I want to know for sure...

Also if someone has access to a 150F XMSN (from an Alltrac) sitting around that they could wiegh this would be helpful as well. In whole, in parts whatever....Someone has one sitting around right...all of these people who did swaps and ripped the thing off...