PDA

View Full Version : 4th Generation Celica 3SGTE swap

tempeheat
11-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone. I'm going to post everything I know about swapping the 4th Generation 3sgte engine into a 4th Generation 2WD Celica. This picture below is everything you will need if you don't have a front clip.
I will post the part numbers to all of these items as well.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/6/5/8/6/IMGP3569Small.jpg

You must have the AFM, Ignitor, Fuel injector resistor pack, and Boost pressure sensor from the 3SGTE.
I'm still troubleshooting my project but these are the objects that have slowed my swap down. I still have no spark.
Also you need a 8 bolt flywheel if you're swapping to a Auto 2WD trans. I believe the flywheel on the 4AGE and even the Lexus 1UZ is a 8 bolt flywheel.

Dr Tweak
11-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Uhm.... that's a 2nd gen 3SGTE. The 4th gen 3SGTE is from the Caldina and uses coil on plug ignition, MAP sensor, etc.

I actually have wired up a 4th gen 3SGTE into an '88 All-Trac. Just a random factiod.

-Doc

89gtcon
11-24-2007, 09:50 PM
i think he means 3sgte from a 4th gen celica :)

Kiasis
11-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Dr T, is that 4th gen 3STGE got emissions stuff that would pass CA smog, or is it strictly a track vehicle? I just blew my 3SGE and plan on rebuilding it, but perhaps I should think about a turbo conversion. Probably not, since I fall squarely into the "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" category, but I might as well explore options before committing to sticking w/ the NA motor. Just the thought of a late model turbo in my 88GTS....