PDA

View Full Version : Compliments you've recieved?

Chris
11-03-2007, 07:46 AM
I saw this thread on 300zxclub as well as the mr2 forum, so I figured it'd be worthwhile here if it hasn't already been done. What compliments have you recieved on your celica?

I guess the best I got was when I meet my ex-gf and her two friends at the dollar store last year and when I came in they told me that when I drove up one turned to the other and said "Is he rich?"

The other replied "Nah, he's just white." (they're both hispanic)

Then I had to confess that in actuality, it was a toyota.

I tend to catch people staring looking at it now and then, though I'm not too sure if thats because of the car or my inability to drive.

celicaGT90_05
11-03-2007, 11:55 AM
lol so far no real compliments on the celica except from you guys, and from some of my classmates when I pull it in to the shop but nothing really major. I have had some compliments on the grand prix though, people eye it up all the time when I drive it, and even had one guy ask me if I wanted to sell it lol

extremeskillz
11-03-2007, 12:02 PM
THe only complaint i got is when someone came up to me asked "what is it and what year is it?

celicatrd93
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
well not to many. only ones i know is ``İts ricey`` rıght away.

MoralWarfare
11-03-2007, 01:39 PM
"nice truck, too bad it's a v6" i get a lot.

celicaGT90_05
11-03-2007, 01:44 PM
well not to many. only ones i know is ``İts ricey`` rıght away.

the term "rice" has lost all meaning in my books...people dont even kno wtf it means anymore because now they classify every damn modded import as rice

T-spoon
11-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Hmm, my 6gen got tons of compliments.. actually, it still does even though it has been hit a bunch of times and a body shop screwed up the paint (bro in law has it now, got rear-ended and such). The alltrac got a bunch of stares and comliments also. Those two cars had more verbal praise from people I knew and didn't know than my MR2s and Supra did, oddly enough. When people don't know what kind of performance a car actually has and are just going on looks, Celicas are awesome :)

MCcelica
11-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I've had a couple chicks literally say they want to do me because of my 7th gen... And a couple times I've availed myself of that opportunity. That's way cool in my book. Thanks toyota :bigthumbu: As for the 6th gen, I've been told that the styling is far to eloquent for my personality... whatever the hell that means.

celicaGT90_05
11-03-2007, 04:54 PM
^^ girly

Ads28
11-03-2007, 04:57 PM
hmm ma gf n all her friends call my 5th gen a lil spy car ? haha not sure if thats a compliment or not, mainly ones ive recieved are "what year is it?", "wow its in nice shape", or compliments around here for my CAI.

burnyd
11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
that thing is turbo? wtf do you meen its awd?

When are you going to paint the front bumper?

geebes
11-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Usually people are so suprized when I tell them that the car is either 91 or 93, most people think it way newer. I've had a few offers to buy the stock blue celica from older people who used to own a 5th gen...they want another. Sometimes i'll get "sick alltrac" and I won't bother to correct them, then they have to explain to their friends what an alltrac is.

TurboTRDCelica
11-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Most common comment I have received is "damn that's a sleeper" regarding the celica & the corolla. the firebird I get compliments all the time, the charger ppl just look almost as in shock, & then stupid people offer me rediculously low ball amounts to buy it, the last guy pulled up in a old plymouth satellite & offered me $3500 for the charger, I laughed pretty hard & shut the door, he got so pissed he layed rubber all the way up my block. Then he got pulled over by the sheriff who was coming home from work that lives at the end of my block. lol

nyana107
11-03-2007, 06:20 PM
usually i get "is your car fast?" "is your car turbo'd?", "what kind of car is it?" and" what year is your car?" and when i tell em it's a 1990, they're surprised.

Mr Celica
11-03-2007, 06:44 PM
i get the "wow i thought it was like a '98!" all the time!

i was at dunkin donuts the other week and some dude in a lexus pulled up and asked if that was my gt-s and he said it looked amazing. but he also thought it was turbo. haha

a lot of kids like my car, too. im guessing its because of the paint and the exhaust. i always get thumbs up or "hey nice car!" when i'm driving from younger kids.

people with other celicas always say nice car, too. although there aren't many nice 5gs around here, they're usually beat up.

19celica90
11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
hmm...from people that dont know the car they say, "Nice Supra!!" "Or thats a 90?? I thought it was a 2000". Once in a while some1 will ask if its awd or turbo. But from everyone i get, "You have a really nice car". Even people that are die hard american car lovers like my car's styling. Then they hear the turbo and say, "oh shit..."

BlueDragon
11-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Well where to start really... back when i got my first alltrac i remember people asking what it was which in itself is a compliment. The also always ask what year and I tell them to guess and its always 97 plus which is nice to hear.
Then when I had the GT with the invader kit I had chicks come up and take pics on the hood and stuff ( even with my girlfriend there with me LOL) that was cool. Also when I had the BlueDragon I heard "best looking toyota in town, keep it clean"
But mostly lately all i hear is yeah i bet that will be fast IF you ever fix it.
Or the great and timeless When you gonna fix that so I can drive it? Still a borderline compliment I guess? haha

TEAMFaint
11-03-2007, 06:58 PM
I think every 5th gen owner with a decent body/paint on the car always recieves a
"Is that one of the new celicas?"
or
"What year is that thing?!" Followed by a jaw drop when you say its a 90-93

The most recent one I had for the Gt-Four was:

"Hey buddy, did you get your car customized like that!?" (Keep in mind this is a RHD vehicle)
I responded with a "No its imported from Japan."
"Holy shit! Thats a nice f****n ride!"

I kinda laughed because he has his two young daughters with him (around age 12) when he said that haha.

I enjoy getting more compliments with my GT-Four that the other local RHD owners recieve :)

Mafix
11-03-2007, 07:24 PM
i get compliments all the damn time. a bunch of you guys have seen pics of mine.
most recently i had an older guy argue with me that it was a supra. to the point he was looking violent. i went back into the shop and just dropped on the floor laughing.

Hookecho
11-03-2007, 07:47 PM
"what kind of car is that?" "it would look better with rims"(which i have recently bought, but yet to buy tires and mount them), and "that car looks cool...when you gonna paint it?"

another one i get is, "damn, that car is mad fast!" "what's under the hood?"

Chris
11-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I need to paint my car, pretty badly.

the 300zx gets stares, I've been told that people stop and look at it when its on the road.

Cavanagh
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
People who dont know me very well will say somthing like "you still got that supra?" i hear that Allllllll the time. People around here dont even seem to know that there were celicas made before 2000 :eek:

celicaGT90_05
11-03-2007, 09:10 PM
i get compliments all the damn time. a bunch of you guys have seen pics of mine.
most recently i had an older guy argue with me that it was a supra. to the point he was looking violent. i went back into the shop and just dropped on the floor laughing.

Well you know, everyone in the free world knows your car better than yourself, so theres no point arguing

19celica90
11-03-2007, 09:22 PM
when i put the gold wheels on, this kid in town was like "damn your car looks like those cars in japan". :laugh:

5gen91st
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
yeah my celica has recieved only one compliment haha they all go "is that turboed it sounds nasty" and its deff not turboed it just has a huge shitty hole in the air intake tubing! it just whistles mass and sounds kinda tight but yeah no one has ever complimented the body haha or anything

vip09
11-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I used to get compliments on my 7th gen ALL the time. It used to be flawless. It has a few dings now :(

Also I hear "Your car is SO loud!" just about every day.

I never really got any compliments on my alltrac when I used to drive it.

Doctor Jinxed
11-03-2007, 10:22 PM
I get objections of disbelief all the time when I tell people how old my car is.

Otherwise, back when my car was broken, people would tell me that it was loud and sounded mad crazy. Now I just have a leaky intake for that faux turbo sound. lol

Žusty
11-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I get: 'wow that must have costed you heaps', 'nice piant job' (its called washing/waxing it) 'Naturally Aspirated aye? must go fast' 'tidy and clean' 'sweet ride bro'

celicatrd93
11-03-2007, 10:42 PM
the term "rice" has lost all meaning in my books...people dont even kno wtf it means anymore because now they classify every damn modded import as rice
:bigthumbu thanks, you are right. every modded car is rice then all the cars at the car show are rice too.

well talking about comments outside of the sites. alot on the street. first day i got it painted at the club few chicks yelled out love your flip up lights baby next to my girl. other then that alot of really nice car and on rare occasions meet some girls cause of the ride.

94st3sgte
11-03-2007, 11:55 PM
back when i had my 300zx TT, i pulled into a gas station, the guy at the counter was like is that a lambo, i looked at him like what the red car, hes like yeah, i was like umm sure

Stinger
11-04-2007, 12:08 AM
I sometimes get comments or questions when im filling up at the gas station. They say nice Celica, is it turbo? Then i go yeah its a GT-Four RC. There like oh whats an RC? then i have to explain to them all the 1 of 5000 thing and all that. :laugh:

Ryan

89gtcon
11-04-2007, 12:23 AM
i get comments all the time, on the 4th gen muwhahaha, "what the hell is that?" "Wow thats original", "That thing is mad fast" , "Is that turbo'd?" "Nice exhaust", they always wanna race me =(.....

Hiko
11-04-2007, 03:03 AM
As far as the 90 goes, aside from the disbelief that it's a 90, I get more compliments on the color than I expected.

The 77 is a different story, though. Seems everytime I drove the thing I found quite a few people staring at it. Funniest times were when a kid in a car next to me was just staring with his mouth open in disbelief (probably that it was running at all :laugh:), and a time when I saw a guy stare at my car as I was going through a drive through for at least a minute, obviously trying to figure out what it was. I even had a group of kids yell "Sweet car" one time when I was driving by.

I swear it'll run again!! Someday!!

juggernaut
11-04-2007, 03:31 AM
my friends call my car the mini-vette or the green hornet. i bottomed it out recently and broke my flex pipe off so now i have no muffler and its loud as hell. i get thumbs up a couple times a week, and a lot of teenagers signaling me to light up the tires. ofcourse i do... not to mention 4 different people have hooked up on the hood lol.

partyball
11-04-2007, 06:04 AM
I love gettin the "Is that car brand new" and all the kids tryin to get me to burn out. And lots of stares from the girls at college. I love making ppl guess what my car is since all the badges are shaved. It seems hardly anyone knows about the 5th gens lol

grip addict
11-04-2007, 09:25 AM
after i bought my car, someone asked me if it was a mustang. i thought that was pretty cool.

hobbie2k
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
The Cobalt actually gets quite a few comments, mostly because of it's color, metallic orange. People either love the color or hate it. Yesterday, a girl at the BK drivethrough (fairly hot) asked me what kind of car it was.

burnyd
11-04-2007, 10:32 PM
yah it is funny how many people think 5th gens are lately newer cars...

Duders
11-05-2007, 12:39 AM
I got very little. One was " Thats a nice car. Wat year is it?" From a Coworker. My female friends say "Man this thing sounds fast. Is that like super duper turbo or something? It sounds like a racecar". Which in reality is just the huge muffler in the back lol.

When I tell people its a Celica they go " WTF IS A CELICA!?"

celicaGT90_05
11-05-2007, 12:47 AM
thats when you say "it's a car"

Duders
11-05-2007, 12:50 AM
The usual people didn't know Toyota made them. I don't know why. I guess the Celica is the black sheep of the Toyota family?. I like to think of it as the sexy forbidden sister. Cheaaaa...

Sean
11-05-2007, 01:03 AM
I get a comment about everyday on it, usually because I blow off in peoples faces everyday on the way to school. Lots of stories, which is good.

One recent one, I blew past this car on the freeway and they ended up following me to my house basically. Ends up it was a local stripper who said she would give me a free lap dance if I let her ride in my car lol.

Mr Celica
11-05-2007, 01:35 AM
^you took the cake, big guy. end of thread. haha jk

Maleek
11-05-2007, 02:17 AM
I get the " nice ride " when im at the car wash. Some lady asked me stopped me on the way to work to question me about it one time..kinda cool i guess.

Duders
11-05-2007, 02:22 AM
I would've said " Wanna check out the back seats..." hehehehe

Newbster
11-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Theres not enough room in the backseats to do anything....

celicaGT90_05
11-05-2007, 02:35 AM
just yesterday I was sittin waiting to turn on to the highway, and this ranger turned in ahead from the opposite direction starin at my celica while I was waiting, then we got on the highway and I blew past him lol

Mafix
11-05-2007, 02:36 AM
i got asked a million times today at a car show what the hell it was. then what year. then what's it run, yadda, yadda. there was a couple volvo guys i've run with there to vouch at that. was nice having people there who don't doubt everything.

Chris
11-05-2007, 04:14 AM
The usual people didn't know Toyota made them. I don't know why. I guess the Celica is the black sheep of the Toyota family?. I like to think of it as the sexy forbidden sister. Cheaaaa...
Heh, the guys on the supra forum were complaining about being asked if it was a Celica all the time.

I don't think people really see Toyota as a sports/rally car company, even though it produced some of the best for its time.

Duders
11-05-2007, 04:20 AM
When I think rally, I think Mitsubishi. When i think new school Toyota I think pussies saving gas. Old school Toyota, I think street raced Supra Beasts and AWD rally-bred Celica GT-4. I forget anything else Toyota makes.

Chris
11-05-2007, 04:23 AM
When I think rally, I think Mitsubishi. When i think new school Toyota I think pussies saving gas. Old school Toyota, I think street raced Supra Beasts and AWD rally-bred Celica GT-4. I forget anything else Toyota makes.

pretty much.

Nissan has the z heritage, mitsu's got the 3000gt/stealth, though that ones almost as rare as the 300zx or mkiv supras.

celicaGT90_05
11-05-2007, 04:29 AM
^ mitsu doesnt have the stealth, thats dodge even though its basically the same car as the 3000, and I love the stealths more than the 3000GT...oh what I'd do for a 1st gen turbo R/T

Chris
11-05-2007, 04:30 AM
^ mitsu doesnt have the stealth, thats dodge even though its basically the same car as the 3000, and I love the stealths more than the 3000GT...oh what I'd do for a 1st gen turbo R/T

Well, yeah, from what I understand they were the same thing, no use in separating them (correct me if I'm wrong).

celicaGT90_05
11-05-2007, 04:33 AM
yeah basically the same thing, similar body styles and offered the same motors, the turbo R/T is the same as a VR-4, but I think the stealth is a cooler looking car

VikingJZ
11-05-2007, 04:47 AM
When the 72 was running, people would complement and stare daily.

The Lexus gets me complements all the time. At the beginning of the semester in one of my classes we all had to go around and introduce ourselves. I let people know that I drove a Lexus and then had a few girls talk to me about it over the next few days.

"So you drive a Lexus..."

Cavanagh
11-05-2007, 04:48 AM
I ought to slap you, but i wont :slap: :D

When i think rally, i think Celica.
How are you also going to forget the MR2?

Duders
11-05-2007, 04:51 AM
I say Nissan is the King right now, in JDM sports cars overall. They got the 350z. They are bringing back the Skyline, its just named only GT-R now.

2nd place to Mitsu. The new Evolution just looks more beefed now, like it borrowed some 'roids from Jose Canseco. The Eclipse is w.e to me but still a good offer to some.

Maybe Toyota will bring back the Celica and Supra line. Who knows? Toyota makes random moves.

The MR2 never intrigued me.....

celicaGT90_05
11-05-2007, 05:04 AM
^ they still have the name skyline, its just the G35 to us

The Captain
11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I usually get, "Holy sh*$! I didn't know they brought those into the US. I've never seen one in person" a lot. Then the next question is always "how much power are you pushing" The dumber the look, the higher the HP is!

Mr. Babb
11-05-2007, 10:48 PM
when I was at nopi I heard some people talking about my car as I drove through them, they were like "its a right hand drive celica with a supra motor in it" I just lol'd and kept on driving

Luis C
11-06-2007, 01:09 AM
- What year is your car? 2005?
- Want to sell me your car?

cs363
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
I hate when some dumbarse asks me where i got my bodykit from....... :)

amx
11-07-2007, 06:53 AM
I was out in my driveway washing the celi and my neighbour comes by and goes, "wow, a Celica! That's a hot car!" and proceeded to admire it for about 5 minutes, busted bumper, quarter panel, fenders, and all.

When I revealed the mad power of the 4afe to my friend, her reaction was, "it doesn't look that slow!" :laugh:

KoreanJoey
11-07-2007, 08:25 AM
After taking one of the other autoX instructors for a drive around the course..

"Wow... this is FWD?"

:)

VikingJZ
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
There are a lot of dumb people at places like NOPI and HIN. Just ignore them and talk to reasonably smart people.

Chris
06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I didn't feel like making a new thread, so I'll just bump this one up and see if anyone else has any more stories to ad.

The other day, I ran out to grab something from my car, and a kid came up and asked me what that "huge thing on the back" was on the Supra.

I told him it's my exhaust (previously owned put a 3" exhaust on). He starts to ask me "What does it do?" and stuff.

One guy at a gas station asked me if the Supra was turbo. I said nope, and he said "Well, it sure sounds like a turbo."

Cavanagh
06-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Some dude asked what is was, then asked if it was like a Ferrari. I can't remember some others, i get alotta compliments.

EDIT and ricers dirty look the fuck outta me.

ciento44
06-25-2008, 08:02 PM
"This thing rides like SHIT."

"thanks!!!"

Chris
06-25-2008, 08:09 PM
"This thing rides like SHIT."

"thanks!!!"
:lolhittin

PhillyDRFT
06-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Before mine died it was charcoal grey with P50 Primer, very cleanly molded invader sideskirts & rear. With the CS front and universal splitters to even out the height with the skirts. Shaved the molding on the doors and all too.

All the time I would get "What year is your Supra?" I would always laugh.

zmile06
06-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I get some retarded compliments that actually piss me off... Some guy a the arbys driver through was like so you got that thing moded... (being all super duper 2f2f like) I was like uhh no just the exhaust and little stuff. He was like thats cool looks nice.

My old boss at mickey d's (first year i bought it) Said nice toyota, they run forever. Then a person from church said, somebody has a real toyota those things will run forever. (best compliments are those)

A group of people when i worked at fedex asked me "does that thing have a hemi in it" I was like uhhh what "is it fast?" I was like oh no it just has a custom exhaust on it.

Apparently a loud exhaust makes you super duper fast 0_o. MPG FTW

When i fist bought it someone said it looked like a clown car because i came out of it he was wondering how i got in, in the first place.

It's a nice car my car is getting beat up more and more over the years i'm buying a bunch of new components though and getting it painted.

Oh and EVERYONE thinks it's newer then it is... There like a 93? Really?

Chris
06-26-2008, 02:41 AM

Oh and EVERYONE thinks it's newer then it is... There like a 93? Really?

One of my best friends said that to me, heh.

"Dude, I thought it was a 98!"

One guy in Cedar Vale goes, "What is that, a Honda?"

Gidget
06-26-2008, 03:00 AM
"thanks for laying a strip down my drive way!"
hahaha

Ghosty
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
yeah basically the same thing, similar body styles and offered the same motors, the turbo R/T is the same as a VR-4, but I think the stealth is a cooler looking car

About a week ago I must have seen one of the rarest Mitsus ever:

A 300GT VR-4 SPYDER i shit you not.

I kept staring at the thing like: You're not even supposed to EXIST. Why are you here?

It was at that moment that a 300ZX TT convertible came into the parking lot, and my head exploded.

wizzards581
06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
someone came to my door at night around 9pm and told me "nice celica" and drove off in a riced out DA integra... most jus ask "do u want to sell it?" even the guys that work at Toyota...

Chris
06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
About a week ago I must have seen one of the rarest Mitsus ever:

A 300GT VR-4 SPYDER i shit you not.

I kept staring at the thing like: You're not even supposed to EXIST. Why are you here?

It was at that moment that a 300ZX TT convertible came into the parking lot, and my head exploded.

This? (http://www.internetautoguide.com/usedcars/14-int/1995/mitsubishi/3000-gt/north-carolina/concord/219314484/113/index.html)

If you're not pulling my chain, then damn, I had never even heard of that.

-edit- http://www.3si.org/wiki/index.php/1995_3000GT_VR-4_Spyder

No wonder it's rare. 65k from the factory in 1995.

Wicked Toys
06-27-2008, 12:07 PM
When I was rolling around in the GT, I mostly got compliments on how clean it was. And thats about it.

For the Alltrac I get like "wow never thought I'd see one in person" or "is that really a celica gt-four?" Some of the Subaru meets I attend rather me bring my Celica then the WRX cause they've alwasy wanted to see one in person.

And my favorite one was I was at a red light and there was a guy and his g/f or wife that pulled up next to me in a Toyota Paseo. He looked over pulled his sunglasses up and then woke his wife/gf up and was like "Babe now thats a real car".

Ghosty
06-27-2008, 07:23 PM
This? (http://www.internetautoguide.com/usedcars/14-int/1995/mitsubishi/3000-gt/north-carolina/concord/219314484/113/index.html)

If you're not pulling my chain, then damn, I had never even heard of that.

-edit- http://www.3si.org/wiki/index.php/1995_3000GT_VR-4_Spyder

No wonder it's rare. 65k from the factory in 1995.

I'm not a Mitsu fan, but I have respect for the rarity of certain cars.

I should have taken pictures of it, but I didn't want to feel stupid if there were actually 100,000 of them made... all that picture taking for nothing!

3SmeCaptain
06-28-2008, 01:44 AM
well for the few times that it's actually happened. i've had 4 times where some little honda has rolled up to me thinking he was going to race a scion xB... maybe it's the smoked lights? i don't know, they take off like they are racing me so i say screw it and just go for it and all 4 times i've pulled on them and they end up following me were i go and ask me what i'm running. i look over and loudly and proudly say "100 horses FTW!* and then drive off :P. really short gearing really helps on off the line performance :P, xB really poops out around 70 and takes like 10-15 minutes to hit 110 from there hahaha.