PDA

View Full Version : help with 3sgte swap to 94 celica st

mig407
11-02-2007, 02:00 PM
*wasnt sure what section to post this in*

im not too bad with alltracs but ive never done this swap before.
im helping out a friend that liked my alltrac so much he now wants to do the 3sgte swap for his celica st, plus he gets free labor from me lol. Im not worried about the harness ill just send it to the phoenixtuning and thats it, but i needed help with a few details...

1.its an st (94) so whats the mod to the engine mounts thats needed?
or what other mounts can i use? i have spare alltrac and gt mounts in
my parts bin...

2.we're goin to go with a mr2 transmission. that being said whats the mod to the shift linkage to make it work properly? if anyone has picks that would be
great..(i just want to get it right on the 1st try).

3. since we are using the mr2 tranny whats the right axle combination?

any and all help from those who have completed this swap is appreciated.
i did use the the search button but didnt find these 3 details...

*att moderator - a swap section in the forum would be nice...
** please no ignorant or off subject comments i would like to make this
an informative and productive thread***

thank you
-Mig407

90CelicaST
11-02-2007, 03:51 PM
1. (IF) it is the same as a 5th gen ST(since they both share an 'A' series engine), then you will need the driver and passenger side body mounts moved. For both sides, a body mount from an 'S' series car should be used. (http://celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22296)

If it is different that a 5th gen, then please ignore my rambling above and check on 6gc.net
2. http://www.geocities.com/zegoat2000/e1531.html
3. MR2 inners, AllTrac outers

mig407
11-02-2007, 05:47 PM
90celicast awsome info man...thank you!

burnyd
11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
you can find all the info you need using the search button....

TEAMFaint
11-02-2007, 10:12 PM

You DO realize that there is a thread entitled:

"THINKING ABOUT SWAPPING? READ THIS FIRST"

Use the search button as this has been covered 9 million times already.

Cavanagh
11-05-2007, 03:09 AM
You need to cool off a bit. Your being a little bit harsh on them Mig. They were only directing you the right way. We have days of information on swapping. Here are two st's (one a 6gc) getting swapped showing a way around the motor mount problem:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6278
and
http://celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=252277#post252277

These are the two threads i bookmarked since i have to post them up almost daily (sometimes more) for people who ask the same question. :) Good luck.

mig407
11-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Cavanagh- thanx man...i understand what you mean...but i just clarified the situation thats all...hey awsome links...i really appreciate the help man...thank you...

Shadowlife25
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Aren't you the same guy that said he was making custom intake manifolds then disappeared ? What happened man? Good luck with your swap, I'm sure you've read till your eyes hurt, but do your homework. That way it is all done properly the first time like you want it to be ;)

Cavanagh
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Noooooo problem. :)

mig407
11-08-2007, 09:04 PM
hey shadowlife25 whats up man how are you? well i made a custom intake for my alltrac project...and i did offer to share...but that didnt work out too good...lol.

Cavanagh
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Dont be scared away by haters man, its a good idea and cool that you are trying custom aftermarket products for our cars. I think they were just giving options on what they would like to see on it. I bet if it shows a beneficial gain on a dyno, you'll be selling them. people just like to make sure there buying something that works? Know what im saying? :) Good luck.

Shadowlife25
11-09-2007, 10:47 AM
hey shadowlife25 whats up man how are you? well i made a custom intake for my alltrac project...and i did offer to share...but that didnt work out too good...lol.

Sorry if it seemed like we were hatin on your work man. That wasn't the case at all. I applaud you for doing something innovative. Also, I'm glad that you're back and we didn't scare you away :D

Hopefully someone who can help with your thread will chime in soon. I wish I could, but I don't own/haven't done a swap ;)

Best of luck!

Mario

Supersprynt
11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
*wasnt sure what section to post this in*

im not too bad with alltracs but ive never done this swap before.
im helping out a friend that liked my alltrac so much he now wants to do the 3sgte swap for his celica st, plus he gets free labor from me lol. Im not worried about the harness ill just send it to the phoenixtuning and thats it, but i needed help with a few details...

1.its an st (94) so whats the mod to the engine mounts thats needed?
or what other mounts can i use? i have spare alltrac and gt mounts in
my parts bin...

2.we're goin to go with a mr2 transmission. that being said whats the mod to the shift linkage to make it work properly? if anyone has picks that would be
great..(i just want to get it right on the 1st try).

3. since we are using the mr2 tranny whats the right axle combination?

any and all help from those who have completed this swap is appreciated.
i did use the the search button but didnt find these 3 details...

** please no ignorant or off subject comments i would like to make this
an informative and productive thread***

thank you
-Mig407

If your using an E153 transmission, the easiest thing would have been to grab some ST205 mounts. Those are hard to find, and not cheap. Instead, you could use a GT front mount and ST185 rear mount, but they will need to be custom placed (IE new holes).

For the E153 transmission, you will need to use ST185 transmission parts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/Supersprynt/mr2tranny.jpg

The highlighted areas will need to be swapped out with ST185 brackets & parts. The red square needs to be switched to the opposite side, the purple and yellow squares need to be switched. There is one hole that will be left that will need to be welded (or some equivalent sealing process).

You will have to use a hybrid axle if you cannot get ST205 axles. You can use MR2 inners with ST185 outters or Camry V6 outters. There might be spacing problems, so inserting a spacer between the two might have to be done. The V6 Camry outters I dont think have this problem.

Dr Tweak
11-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Great info on the E153! :)

-Doc

mig407
11-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Supersprynt thanx man...
Dr Tweak, ill be sending ya the harness soon...