PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend an oil filter relocation kit....

Carolina91GT-S
10-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Anyone have any recommendations for an oil filter relocation kit for the 3S-GTE? I am doing the swap right now and building up the engine after cleaning it etc makes me realize that this will be a PITA to change, and I haven't even put the AC compressor or the alternator cooling tube back on yet.

What are your experiences with these kits? I'm looking for something that works without breaking the bank. It isn't requirement but it would be really nice to have.

celicaGT90_05
10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
summit has some for around $50 or cheaper, I dont have experiences with them but I wanted to use one on my ranger since the filter is in a bad spot. They add about another quart of oil to your capacity, which is good for performance bound motors

CUTTING13CLOUDS
10-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Dude, I went to the local auto shop and bought an "EMPI" brand one. Ones used for BUGS vw. That was about 25 bux. Then I went to the local boneyard and stripped a Volvo 4 cyl turbo of all its coolers. They are actually very nice. I then went to a shop where they specialize in hose making. All types all kinds. I then bought high pressure, hI heat resistant hose, barbed brass fittings for the hoses that matched relocator kit and I bought a roll of teflon tape. The thread size on the kit fits many types of filters. The people who work there should be able to guide you. I also use a huge oil filter, it holds a qt. of oil. YOu can see the hosed on one of my piks. Between the radiator and the front bumper. Everything cost under 70 bux. If you buy name brand stuff expect to pay more.