PDA

View Full Version : Question about labor costs on 5th gen ST185

StormyBklyn
10-26-2007, 05:55 PM
All,

I am looking to start rebuilding my All Trac, and I already have the prices for some of the parts that I want. I found a lot of this on 185Performance, and now I was wondering what it will cost to have this installed, labor, etc... The parts list is as follows:

Aussie Catback Hyper SS Exhaust
Aussie coated DP
Koni Sport Strut rear conversion
Koni Sport strut front
RPS Street disc clutch
Full Polyurethan busing kit with Whiteline rear swaybar, bearings and front and rear camber bolts

Anything you think I should add? Different model/manufacturers? Any input?
Right now I am looking at around $3400 USD without shipping. I am trying to figure out a budget so I can begin saving and I know how much I have to put away every month.

Thanks

Fastrac
10-26-2007, 06:00 PM
You might want to check out the Motoria exhaust from *cough* SS Autochrome *cough*. There are quite a few of us over at alltrac.net that are running it with good results. And it's a helluva lot cheaper than Aussie. Mind you I don't have anything against Aussie, they are just really expensive.

StormyBklyn
10-26-2007, 07:35 PM
You might want to check out the Motoria exhaust from *cough* SS Autochrome *cough*. There are quite a few of us over at alltrac.net that are running it with good results. And it's a helluva lot cheaper than Aussie. Mind you I don't have anything against Aussie, they are just really expensive.

Wow, that's less than half the price of the Aussie! Performance is on par with the Aussie? How about sound? I want something that will sound more aggressive than stock, but I don't want to sound like a riced out Civic going 75 in second gear when I'm just driving from point a to point b (when I replaced my exhaust last time, I actually put a silencer on the tip because it was too loud).

Fastrac
10-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Without the silencer it is pretty loud. It has an aggresive sound to it. With the silencer in it is better without much or any loss power. I thought it was still a little too loud so I drilled a new mounting hole for the silencer closer to the tip of the "horn" and mounted silencer close to the end of the muffler. That quieted it down alot. It still sounds good but with out the loud brwaaaaa noise. If that is confusing I can post a pic.

Performance is good. It is pretty much an exact copy. And I've seen more reports of cracked aussie down pipes than I have SSACs. Just make sure you use the bracket that comes with it.

StormyBklyn
11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
-=Bump=-

Any ideas? Anyone?