PDA

View Full Version : ring spanner wrench?

zmile06
10-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I was looking up the guide to replace the fuel filter. Is a ring spanner just a normal wrench or whats going on? I'm buying 14mm crows feet flare nut spanner tomorrow doing it Sunday. Shouldn't take long just had that quick question:)

And they say to buy replacement copper crush washers. Err do i really need those and where do i get them and what size?

cs363
10-20-2007, 12:16 AM
yeah, ring spanner is just a normal (closed end/ring) spanner, some have rings both ends, say 12 & 14mm or you get ring and open end (conventional) which are usually the same size both ends.
But getting a proper pipe spanner (which is what I think you are talking about buying) is better for that job (like a ring spanner but with a section cut out to fit over the pipe) as you can't use a ring spanner and often if its tight a conventional spanner will just 'round' off the nut.
Usually the new washers are supplied with a new fuel filter. Sorry I don't recall what size they are otherwise (I'm guessing 10 or 12mm). At a pinch you can use the old ones, just make sure they are clean and not distorted or overly crushed and you'll most likely get away with it. :)