PDA

View Full Version : Should I Sell Her?

MarcusM2007
10-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I have a 90 GT, shes my first car, my baby. But I am away at college and its just collecting dust in our driveway. My friend just blew the engine in his Grand Am.... major lack of maintenance, it didn't even have 100k miles on it. I told him he can buy my car for $2400 which is what I bought it for almost 2 years and 20k miles ago.

The other night he said it actually sounds good, I swear I had a panic attack because I don't know if I want my car to go into the hands of someone who can't take care of it. But $2400 is much more than its worth, it would KBB at 2k tops.

So should I let her go and die? Or hold onto her, I just built a list of things to buy for her, came out to be above $1,000 and I wanted to bring her up to school in the winter.

Would you guys give up your first Celica just because its a good deal?

T-spoon
10-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Well you know, it's a tough call, but it's really up to you. If you hang onto it and decide to sell a little later on, you might get the same for it, you might get a lot less. Something might go very wrong in the car in a month, or it might be fine for a long time.. no tellin..

Mr Celica
10-19-2007, 10:59 PM
noooo keep it, cause you're going to end up spending the $2400 on something else and not a car and then you're going to kick yourself in the ass when it comes to looking for a new car and you have not so much money and can't find anything you want!

Luni
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Was it his fault he blew the engine in his car? If so, then dont sell your car to him, he will kill it too.

I would say no, dont sell it. Help him find one if he wants one, but dont sell yours, unless you are in dire need of money.

You own your car right? Who cares if it isnt doing anything?

My MR2 sat in my garage for a year before I got it all working, and now im driving it every day again. I love it. Id never part with it.

19celica90
10-19-2007, 11:35 PM
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could never sell my celica, its my first, last, and fav car. Seeing someone else driving it around and they're not taking care of it how you would is gunna eat u up, and ur prolly gunna want to buy it back. Keep it, store it and build it up. If ure gunna sell it, sell it to someone not in your town so u'll never see it again.

Cavanagh
10-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Just in your thread alone it sounded like you yourself really didnt want to sell it. If your handing over to someone that you know will not respect it, do not do it. I'd keep it.

geebes
10-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Selling=bad.

celicaGT90_05
10-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Im gonna say, that when I love one of my cars which is the 3 that I have...I wont let go of them for whatever deal. I had a guy one time ask me if I wanted to sell my grand prix, I didnt even ask him what would he offer I just said no not for sale though I probably would have got $1000-1500 and only bought the car for $500

MarcusM2007
10-20-2007, 05:22 AM
thanks for the support. I've been looking around and I can't find a single car thats as nice as mine for $2400 IMO. I think I'll just take him to autotrader and let him find an ST for 1k

celicaGT90_05
10-20-2007, 07:24 AM
one thing my friend Chuck told me when he sold me the celica was that he was ok with it cuz he knew it was going to a good home. If you feel you want to get rid of it, know that its going to a good caring home