PDA

View Full Version : VIS CF Hood

Dlux4life
10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Im buying a new carbon fiber hood this friday to replace the broken one that is on my car.

Two quick questions:

1.) What are peoples opinion on VIS carbon fiber hoods? I had a seibon hood that was excellent, but it seems as if I can find a VIS one for slightly cheaper.

2.) Anyone seen this hood before? I cant find an actual picture of the hood anywhere on the internet. If you do a search by the product number, you can see that a few stores are selling it.

Here is a link:
http://www.carbonfiberhoods.net/product_info.php/products_id/2366

CUTTING13CLOUDS
10-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I actually bought the first generation CF hoods from VIS. They are about 10 min from my home. I bought the hood for about 400. This was about 4 or 5 years ago. It faded nasty. Also, not many people are buying these hoods so they never revamped them. If you look at their popular hoods, honda ones, they have one piece CF hoods with UV block. Mine has a fiberglass skeleton that has pretty much popped off. It was all pretty at one time that's for sure.

Joeye27
10-18-2007, 01:58 AM
that hood is nice! never seen them on a 5th gen though, buy it and post pics so we can see how it would look on our cars. :)