PDA

View Full Version : 'sad sad day'

lburner
10-16-2007, 07:55 AM
my car was packed at my boy house for a lilbit and a pilled up crack head hit it. i dont have insurance on it cause i dont drive it and the crack head didnt have insurance so if i was to fix it, it would be with my money what shold i do?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/lburner76st/IMAGE_002.jpg

Slider
10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
That sucks, I feel for you. I'm still in the process of fixing my car out of my pocket. How bad is the damage? Any mechanical damage or is all cosmetic?

edit: looks like your core support got pushed back, you'd need to get that pulled back out. Bumper looks salvageable. You can definitely get it back into shape, the question is if it's worth it to you. You could just drive like that. A new fender will run you probably around $60, front trim piece like $10, new corner $10. Getting the front pulled out will probably be $200-300 if you look around. I had a person do it on the side for me for $300 but mine was pushed back a bit more than yours. It's a pain pulling it back on our cars, since everything has to be perfect to line up with the pop up headlights. A lot of shops just recommend welding a new support in but that's around $500, and your car doesn't look too bad. Looks like the bumper support braced most of the impact. It's just what it looks like from the pic since the hood isn't lining up with the headlights.

lburner
10-16-2007, 08:04 AM
just uped pic

vip09
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
You type like a crack head.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
10-16-2007, 11:02 AM

:lolhittin

celicaGT90_05
10-16-2007, 02:40 PM

Yeah and whats with the avatar? lol just messin but really that sucks...I hate retards like that. The damaged doesnt look severally bad though so if you get some parts from a junk yard you should be able to get it back to normal

burnyd
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM

yah seriously, sounds liek you really dont care about the car, if it drives straight then drive it the way it is... doesnt look that bad unless its into your core support.

andy
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
pull the body apart, use a big hammer.

PhillyDRFT
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Kill the crackhead, Harvest his organs. buy a G35 and call it a day.

lburner
10-16-2007, 09:08 PM
so everyone got jokes

Hookecho
10-16-2007, 09:34 PM
soot dog, it aint dat bad jew. dat shis gonna buff out on da real doe. lease you cun roll it stilz!

geebes
10-17-2007, 02:10 AM
soot dog, it aint dat bad jew. dat shis gonna buff out on da real doe. lease you cun roll it stilz!
:lolhittin

Mafix
10-17-2007, 02:35 AM
door, fender, headlight assembly, core support rebend, possible suspension damage, bumper foam and cover. paint. i see 1800 plus. you can get another gt for that price.

91 Celica GT-S
10-17-2007, 03:37 AM
time to get the cs/rc bumper you might want to get the crashbar for it too

celica91gts
10-17-2007, 04:03 AM
That sucks, I feel for you. I'm still in the process of fixing my car out of my pocket. How bad is the damage? Any mechanical damage or is all cosmetic?

edit: looks like your core support got pushed back, you'd need to get that pulled back out. Bumper looks salvageable. You can definitely get it back into shape, the question is if it's worth it to you. You could just drive like that. A new fender will run you probably around $60, front trim piece like $10, new corner $10. Getting the front pulled out will probably be $200-300 if you look around. I had a person do it on the side for me for $300 but mine was pushed back a bit more than yours. It's a pain pulling it back on our cars, since everything has to be perfect to line up with the pop up headlights. A lot of shops just recommend welding a new support in but that's around $500, and your car doesn't look too bad. Looks like the bumper support braced most of the impact. It's just what it looks like from the pic since the hood isn't lining up with the headlights.

what? why are you paying for it out of your own pocket? i thought u caught the ass that hit and run on you

cs363
10-17-2007, 04:26 AM
:wtf: I thought you had to have compulsory third party insurance in the US?

mikeboot
10-17-2007, 04:31 AM

well he doesnt have it cause he doesnt drive, and people can drive without insurance just not legally. and if you hit someone the other person is shit out of luck.

Slider
10-17-2007, 06:58 AM
what? why are you paying for it out of your own pocket? i thought u caught the ass that hit and run on you

I had 2 accidents. First one was my fault, totally messed my front end up, bumper, core support, front trim, headlight assembly, corner light. I have liability insurance so it only pays for damages to the other person. Doesn't cover my own car if it's my fault.

2nd accident someone hit my side and messed up the fender and mirror, I went through their insurance. I got some money out of that luckily. I'm only going to be out of $100-200 max combining both incidents. Most of the work I'm doing myself including paint. The only labor I paid for was the pulling of the core support. At first I found someone to do it for $200 but the guy was really busy, so I went to the next option and found someone else, he wanted $400, I talked him down to $300 and it was done the same day, came out surprisingly well, I didn't expect everything to line up as well as it did.

lburner
10-19-2007, 09:28 AM
anyone want to buy it

hobbie2k
10-19-2007, 05:48 PM

You are required by law to have it, if the car is driven on public roads. However, unlike Australia (and I assume, New Zealand), it is not included with the car's registration.

I say, have the car's mechanical condition checked out (look for engine and suspension damage) if it's okay, or an easy fix, then just keep it as a daily driver and put the money into something else.

Get insurance, and English lessons.

vip09
10-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Get insurance, and English lessons.

Best advice! :bigthumbu