PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts

CriScO
10-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Just a quick question; I know that all S-series blocks have the same mounting locations, but are the mounts themselves the same? For example, would I be able to take mounts from an ST165 3S-GTE and put them on a ST162 3S-FE, or vice-versa? I'd assume the mounts are the same in any ST16x 3S series, and my swap is still probably years away, but I thought I should make sure.

Murgatroy
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Don't quote me on this, but yes, they all interchange.

Are your mounts shot?

Once I actually get my Rev 2 3SGTE swap started I will have more solid answers. I am currently trying to decide whether to fill my stock mounts or source some aftermarket mounts.

CUTTING13CLOUDS
10-17-2007, 01:26 AM
yeah should be the same but the 1*5 mounts are typically better. For the 5th gen, the front and rear have metal inserts. Let us know how it goes..

CriScO
10-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Sounds good. My hatchback (the one that will eventually get the swap) has really bad mounts. I was thinking if I got a set of polyurathane ones now I'd correct the current problem and wouldn't have to get new ones when I swap the motor. Plus, every poly mount you see only lists the GTE engine, I wanted to make sure that was a popularity thing and not a compatibility issue.

alltracman78
10-17-2007, 09:35 PM
On the 185 they're actually different than the 184.
The stud to mount the brace is taller because the alt sits a bit higher.

Front and rears are also different, and not interchangeable.
As is the front/rear crossmember.

I'm not positive if the trans mount is different or not.

Dunno if this is the same for the 16x or not.

CUTTING13CLOUDS
10-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Im using 5sfe mounts on the pass and driver side, all trac front and rear.

Murgatroy
10-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Jeremy thanks for your precise answer, however, the OP as well as myself are interested in the applications regarding 4th Gens. ;)

Are the 3SFE mounts the same as the 3SGTE?

Mafix
10-18-2007, 01:24 AM
on the 16X the speed source mounts work great on all of them.

CriScO
10-18-2007, 05:59 AM
I'm not positive if the trans mount is different or not.

I know they are - my hatchback is automatic. :) Sorry, couldn't resist. The tranny mount is okay to last as long as I need it, my coupe is the daily driver and the hatchback is just a secondary car right now. I don't want to add many miles while it's waiting for the swap, but upcoming repairs to the coupe mean I'll need it for a few days at least. Just thought I'd take care of the engine mount problem now. You should see that motor twist when you rev it up!

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for your help!