PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye chromies, hello GTS wheels!

GotToyota?
10-13-2007, 08:02 PM
After months of wanting some, I finally found a local set of 7th gen GTS wheels to put on the car. I traded the chromies plus some cash for these. I love these wheels! My car is finally coming along!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/GotToyota/100_4835.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/GotToyota/100_4836.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/GotToyota/100_4837.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/GotToyota/100_4838.jpg

I'd like to give a thanks to James (hotrodhendrixJCH) for meeting me half-way to trade wheels. He's an awesome guy!

-Matt

celicaGT90_05
10-13-2007, 08:13 PM
looks awesome! Though I did think the chromies looked pretty good on it as well, but it looks sportier now! I need to get some 7th gen wheels....

Hookecho
10-13-2007, 08:21 PM
shhweet!

MCcelica
10-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Looks sick! Now drop it so it can look like a white version of this!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/Sorth/DSC00086.jpg

They came off of the white 7th gen right behind her. I put the wheels that are on my 6th gen in the sig onto the 7th gen.

Ricksta
10-13-2007, 10:10 PM
what kinda chromies we talkin about here?!?! like ghetto rims? blah

extremeskillz
10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
I can't figure out why is everyone liking th 7th gen rims. There stockers lol. They do look good tho on your car but not my first choice.

turbo4ag
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
This is just my opinion, but chrome wheels have no business on a Celica. Any generation, any trim. The only problem I have with the GTS wheels are they are kinda small for the Celica's size. A 17" with drop is a perfect look. My brother's 7th gen has 17" mesh wheels and it really looks good.

Either way your car looks official now. You just need a drop and it will look perfect. 100% better than before even though they are smaller. The styling just fits the car better.

MCcelica
10-14-2007, 06:54 PM
I can't figure out why is everyone liking th 7th gen rims. There stockers lol. They do look good tho on your car but not my first choice.

The styling matches the cars really well, plus it has the toyota emblem in the middle. I say the styling matches really well because the 7th gen wheels are pretty curvy which nicely accents the curvy styling of the 5th and 6th gens. The 7th gen wheels are also 16s where 5th and 6th gen wheels aer 15s. Reason why I like my 6th gen with the 7th gen wheels on it is because with the suspension drop, the 16s, and the beefy tires really fills in the wheel well nicely.

extremeskillz
10-14-2007, 08:15 PM
You have a good point. They do match, i think i was thinking more of the size more then style. BTW funny box transformer in your sig nothingspecialyet.

extremeskillz
10-14-2007, 08:17 PM
This is just my opinion, but chrome wheels have no business on a Celica. Any generation, any trim. The only problem I have with the GTS wheels are they are kinda small for the Celica's size. A 17" with drop is a perfect look. My brother's 7th gen has 17" mesh wheels and it really looks good.

Either way your car looks official now. You just need a drop and it will look perfect. 100% better than before even though they are smaller. The styling just fits the car better.

Even tho i see your point, i would have to disagree. I have them on my car and they look great, on the other hand i have seen them incorrectly installed on celica and make the car look like shit. Mine at least was the style i was after and matched up nice to the car. Can't never go wrong with 5 star and even better with a deep dish lip.

Cavanagh
10-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Looking good! Just drop it a tad and it'll be perfect!

G.W
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I picked up my 7th gen wheels for a $100 off Craig's list. I think I might switch to the scion TC wheels though. I can usually find take offs for about $100 a wheel and tire.

andy
10-15-2007, 04:19 PM
nice dood! good job on the wheel selection thems nice

turbo4ag
10-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Even tho i see your point, i would have to disagree. I have them on my car and they look great, on the other hand i have seen them incorrectly installed on celica and make the car look like shit. Mine at least was the style i was after and matched up nice to the car. Can't never go wrong with 5 star and even better with a deep dish lip.

Honestly.

Your car is pretty much flawless. Its one of the cleanest 5th gen GTSs I've seen. But the only thing I like about your rims is the lip (dish). Other than that I just hate the look of a chrome finish on a sporty compact car.

Hell... I dont even like them on full blown sports cars (EVO, Supra, Lambos, etc...) It just screams "I choose form over function", because we all know what those rims weigh. But this is just my opinion, like I said. My brother's 7th gen has BMW style mesh wheels with a deep lip on it. They are 17's with a machined finish. And every once in a while I have to threaten to steal his car since he's always considering swapping out to chrome 18's. Its just something I personally never liked. Its too ricey for me.

extremeskillz
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
^they function well. lol THey are sport wheels no hood rat wheels. Believe it or not they are pretty light for chrome wheels which i was suprised when i purchased them. I ended reading it up on Motegi site somewhere out there that that was the aim at least. They do come in different finishes but i got these at 400 for the set. :hehe:

Don't get me wrong they are not the lightest wheels out there and i know that but then again my car isn't a race car, just a good handling street car.

extremeskillz
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Looking good! Just drop it a tad and it'll be perfect!

Yes, do drop it because it will do it justice!