PDA

View Full Version : One wire o2 question?

customlifestylz
10-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Heres the gist of what im doing here. I have a 90 civic 4dr wagon i bought for a daily while my celica is gettin a swap and for a fun mileage project. I have been looking around online awhile now at Electrolisys and hydrogen powered cars and how its been done since the early 90's and wanted to try to add a booster to the civic. BUT the problem with it is the o2 sensor will add more fuel to the mix when the hydrogen is there and negate any effects. this is a 90 model with a one wire o2 sensor, i have a wideband lc1 that can send a dummy signal thats stepped down as far as i want but i dont really want to put a $200 sensor in a $500 car. so could i just unplug the sensor, causing the car to run a predetermined fuel map, and then add the hydrogen?

andy
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
if you replace the engine temp sensor with a variable resitor you could adjust the fuel by messing with the engine temp signal to the ecu.

extremeskillz
10-09-2007, 06:41 PM
ive heard of such mods and you can build a hydrogen generator and it up like a propane conversion on your car and run on hydrogen. Pretty cool

customlifestylz
10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
but would the resistor idea change the fuel mix right back if the o2 sensor showed the engine running lean? Thats the problem. i need to find a way to keep it runnin a set fuel map without running a lot of expensive equipment in a busted cheap car.

MrWOT
10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Yes, just nix the sensor and it will run open loop.

customlifestylz
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
cool thats what i was hoping. thanks for the help.