PDA

View Full Version : Door Panel Removal

bloodredgt
02-15-2005, 05:25 AM
Guys... My window is rattling like crazy when i lower it. I used the "search" function here and couldn't find the picture write up on how to take the door panel off. Anybody know where it is?

wrongboy
02-15-2005, 06:43 AM
I got you: There are three screw covered by caps on the outside of the door panel , take off the caps and remove these. There is a srew behind the door interior door latch that allows the black plastic backing to come off. Behind that black cover is a brass screw that needs to be removed. Finally there is a long, I believe brass, screw that is located in a recessed area under the interior door "oh $#!+" handle. Look for the hol underneath that handle. Remove that screw.
*Finally if your car has crank windows (like mine) then you need to remove the crank. This is done by taking a thin CLOTH towel and sliding it between the panel and the crank, work it back and forth a bit while pulling up towards the roof of the car. What you are doing is popping off a retaing clip, its a small horseshoe shaped clip that disallows the crank from coming off the rest of the system. Once that clip is removed, the crank should pop off.
After all this the panel has clips that a real bitch to pop, so BE CAREFUL. I cannot stress that enough, BE CAREFUL if you mess with it and still cant get it, take it to the dealership and pay the half hour labor for them to do its, it is better than a broken panel or a busted window or something more preacrious that the problem you started with.

Hope this helps...

-wrongboy

johnL
02-15-2005, 11:54 PM
I thought there was a screw behind the courtesy light (red lense)? Been a long time since I messed with a door panel, hope I never have to again.

John L.

acidice333
02-16-2005, 03:58 AM
The door panel is rather easy to mess around with.
I basically looked for all the screws there was, then popped off the panel with the window rolled down. Did it 3 times excluding putting it back on.

For me if memory serves, there is a screw behind the courtesy light, 2 or 3 screws on the bottom of the panel, some screws hiding under some caps, and a screw or two where the door handle is.

bloodredgt
02-16-2005, 04:27 AM
i need to titen my windows because they raddle even at motorway cruising speed so shouldn't i leave my windows up?