PDA

View Full Version : Smoked a cummins

Blackcloud
10-04-2007, 01:28 PM
last night i was driving my buddy home and a cummins from one of the local diesel performance shops pulled up next to me at a freeway entrance stop light. he had inside lane i had outside. blah blah blah.. by the time i hit 75mph i was far enough infront of him to pull infront to get around a car that was in my way :duh:

then once we got off the freeway i smoked his shit again :hehe:

burnyd
10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
you really have diesel performance shops?

extremeskillz
10-04-2007, 03:47 PM
^there everywhere if you look

Blackcloud
10-06-2007, 04:13 PM

go eat some carrots fat ass

Hookecho
10-06-2007, 04:40 PM
lol

cs363
10-08-2007, 01:39 AM

It's not as far fetched as it sounds....remember diesels have won the Le Mans 24 hour race for the last few years.....

There are plenty of Euro diesel powered cars that would smoke most turbo Celica's, mainly from BMW, Audi & Volkswagen

BEWARE THE OILERS...... :lolhittin

Blackcloud
10-08-2007, 01:55 AM
:laugh:

Mafix
10-08-2007, 03:36 AM
There are plenty of Euro diesel powered cars that would smoke most turbo Celica's, mainly from BMW, Audi & Volkswagen

and where are they here. i want to find a street driven turbo diesel german junk bucket that will out run me.

cs363
10-08-2007, 09:36 PM

and where are they here. i want to find a street driven turbo diesel german junk bucket that will out run me.

Lo, they've probably already blown past you and you haven't realised.....those things are quiet (as in no discernible diesel 'rattle') and have an exhaust not that sounds like a grunty gasoline engine.

Even a V10 Volkswagen Toureg diesel has a suprising turn of speed.....

Just to give you an idea, this is from Business Week's website:

Most Powerful Diesel Passenger Car
Transferring race car technology into series production, Audi's new Q7 V12 TDI is impressive in terms of technology and looks

Audi is set to debut the first twelve-cylinder diesel engine in a series passenger car. A six-litre V12 will be available in the Audi Q7 that is reminiscent of the engine featured in the all-conquering R10 Le Mans racing car and it catapults the driving performance of the Audi Q7 SUV into the echelons of top-class sports cars. The V12 TDI engine produces a colossal 500 PS and 1,000 Nm of torque giving the car a 0 to 100 km/h time of just 5.5 seconds, and an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h. Maximum torque is available from just 1,750 rpm. The high-tech diesel engine, with the world's first 2,000 bar Bosch Common Rail system, provides the high-performance Audi SUV with superior power reserves in any situation. The impressive sound of the new Audi is provided by the ultra-modern piezo-injection system. The V12 TDI transmits this power through a new six-speed tiptronic gearbox to the quattro permanent four-wheel drive system.

Now, IIRC the alltrac's standard 0-60mph (0-100km/h) time is around 6.7 secs.... :duh:

cs363
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Something a little more relevant would be the new BMW 535d (which is actually a 2.7 litre), they make 272bhp @ 4400rpm - but more importantly make 413ft/lbs of torque at only 2000rpm! Even more impressive is that 384ft/lb is available at just 1500rpm...
These do 0-62mph (the true conversion from 0-100km/h) in 6.5 secs!!

Or if you want to spend a little money on them you could get this:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2007-Hamann-BMW-5-Series.htm

And, best of all.....you can fill up out the back of McDonalds when they're throwing their used cooking oil out.... :lolhittin

burnyd
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM
go eat some carrots fat ass

we have been over this again and again and again!

Mr Celica
10-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Something a little more relevant would be the new BMW 535d (which is actually a 2.7 litre), they make 272bhp @ 4400rpm - but more importantly make 413ft/lbs of torque at only 2000rpm! Even more impressive is that 384ft/lb is available at just 1500rpm...
These do 0-62mph (the true conversion from 0-100km/h) in 6.5 secs!!

Or if you want to spend a little money on them you could get this:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2007-Hamann-BMW-5-Series.htm

And, best of all.....you can fill up out the back of McDonalds when they're throwing their used cooking oil out.... :lolhittin

lol thats pretty sweet. i don't think that we import many performance diesels here though, just the gasoline powered ones. that 384lbs of tourqe is INSANE! i'd love to drive one of those just to be thrown back.

pretty sweet; you can get 40mpg, hit 0-60 in 6 secs, park in a small parking spot, and tow a tractor!

Hookecho
10-08-2007, 10:26 PM

clue me in.

Blackcloud
10-09-2007, 04:05 AM

:laugh:

:wiggle:

85gtsblackman
10-09-2007, 12:57 PM
waits for you to get a semi

extremeskillz
10-09-2007, 05:12 PM

I would build one just so you can't eat that comment. Have you watch pinks? a cummins smoked a nitrous and blown powered drag car only using its stock turbo and really good tuning. He eventually blew the engine because the radiator was leaking bad.

extremeskillz
10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Diesels are incredible and would love to own one.

RedCelicaTRD
10-10-2007, 01:54 AM
I would build one just so you can't eat that comment. Have you watch pinks? a cummins smoked a nitrous and blown powered drag car only using its stock turbo and really good tuning. He eventually blew the engine because the radiator was leaking bad.

That's a load of bull. I know the guys out at bully dog and they had ALOT more then that done. The other team simply couldn't find it.....

Mafix
10-10-2007, 04:02 AM
blah blah, deisel FTL! when i find a dumb CAR that will outrun ME then i'll change my thinking. until then :fuckoff:
oh and for the record i DON'T own an alltrac. well not one that's road worthy.

RedCelicaTRD
10-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Well Jetta TDIs run about 17s stock so I think they would give you a run for the money ;)

j/k

Blackcloud
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM

that was the bully dog cummins. but he busted the radiator on i think the first run.. also he was using street tires..

That's a load of bull. I know the guys out at bully dog and they had ALOT more then that done. The other team simply couldn't find it.....

I think they were running nitrous, and wather/meth injection.

and where you been dude?