PDA

View Full Version : QUICK! Which fuse powers the power antenna?

GotToyota?
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
I just put a factory radio in my car and the power antenna is broken, so anytime I turn on/off the car, you hear the antenna making a loud noise as if it worked. Which fuse powers it? I'd like to just remove it so I don't have to deal with the antenna.

-Matt

extremeskillz
10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Its not your fuse especially i you can here the motor running, you antenna that goes up and down is broke.

GotToyota?
10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Its not your fuse especially i you can here the motor running, you antena that goes up and down is broke.
Could I just unplug the antenna harness in the back then? If so, how can I access it?

-Matt

extremeskillz
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
You have to remove the back panels in your trunk to access it. Its a matter of taking the power antenna apart, remove the broken antenna extender and replace with a new extender. (pardon the terminology) Basically what happened was the track that makes the antenna go up and down is broken. Simple fix really. You do not need to replace the motor as from the sounds of it its working.

GotToyota?
10-01-2007, 09:57 PM
You guys don't understand. I just wanted to eliminate the antenna.

I just took it out, so no big deal. I just need to find something to plug up the hole with.

-Matt

extremeskillz
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
lol. o i see. i don't know from here. sorry

Murgatroy
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Remove the headunit, cut the blue wire. That is your aux. power lead. It powers your antenna and/or your amps on/off if so equipped.

Cut the blue wire, the antenna is not fed juice, it doesn't make the noise.

If you remove the antenna you will have no AM/FM reception.

Sean
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes, just unplug the antenna motor. Remove the plastics, you'll see it, piece of cake.

extremeskillz
10-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Actually he wanted to know how to cover up the hole.

Murgatroy
10-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I didn't read that far into the thread. I read his first post, responses that didn't answer him properly, and then I posted what in my opinion is the correct response.

If he has already removed the antenna and now has a gaping hole, he is fucked. Water will ruin his trunk and so forth. Beyond welding a piece of metal in there and doing some bodywork with a respray he is SOL.

I would suggest putting the antenna back in there.

IMO removing the whole assembly without a plan and leaving a gaping whole is not that bright. It is just a little over kill when all you would have had to do is trace the power lead that goes to the relay and clip it.