PDA

View Full Version : 6th gen st engines

Ricksta
09-28-2007, 11:15 PM
my friend works at a junkyard and is tryin to get me some shit for cheap. is the only motors i can use in my 94 the 7afe and the 4agze?!?! no way to fit the 5sfe in there? mounts wont mount up right?

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
09-29-2007, 12:04 AM
idk but will the 7afe fit in my 91 ST or has that already been asked and answered??...havnt searched or anything BTW just a quick question that came to mind...

Murgatroy
09-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Any A series engine will fit in any 5th or 6th Gen ST.

The 5th Gen ST came with the 4AFE, the 6th Gen ST came with a 7AFE. It is also the same engine from Corollas.

The 4AFE was 1.6 litres and came in a few different flavors.

The 7AFE was 1.8 litres and I 'think' they are all the same.

Ricksta, you can use a shortblock from any A series engine. 4AFE, 4AGE, 4AGZE, 7AFE and so on, just reuse your head and all externals. If you want a plug and play engine with no modifications, you will need to find another 7AFE.

Chris, it is possible to drop a 7AFE into your ST, however, if your don't reuse your head, you will have to modify your wiring.

The 5SFE WILL NOT fit into a 5th or 6th Gen ST without new mounts, a new crossmember, new transmission, new wiring and ECU. It is the same exact amount of work as dropping a 3SGTE into an ST with less gain.

I hope this answers a few questions for everyone.

Ricksta
09-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Any A series engine will fit in any 5th or 6th Gen ST.

The 5th Gen ST came with the 4AFE, the 6th Gen ST came with a 7AFE. It is also the same engine from Corollas.

The 4AFE was 1.6 litres and came in a few different flavors.

The 7AFE was 1.8 litres and I 'think' they are all the same.

Ricksta, you can use a shortblock from any A series engine. 4AFE, 4AGE, 4AGZE, 7AFE and so on, just reuse your head and all externals. If you want a plug and play engine with no modifications, you will need to find another 7AFE.

Chris, it is possible to drop a 7AFE into your ST, however, if your don't reuse your head, you will have to modify your wiring.

The 5SFE WILL NOT fit into a 5th or 6th Gen ST without new mounts, a new crossmember, new transmission, new wiring and ECU. It is the same exact amount of work as dropping a 3SGTE into an ST with less gain.

I hope this answers a few questions for everyone.

thanks murg. i want to keep it plug in play so i'll prolly just go with the same exact engine. this is just my daily to and from work and when it rains so its not to be anything spectacular.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
09-29-2007, 10:20 PM
o ya, ricksta, dont think ill need those seats anymore BTW thanks for the offer tho