PDA

View Full Version : help 5sfte boogs when reaches max boost.

celica_guy
02-14-2005, 02:40 PM
can anyone help me out. my car boogs when i reach max boost. i cant even get it to red line. im boosting 5 pound but i boogs right when i get to about 4000rpm. so i cant even you know feel my max power. HELP!!

EvilSpeeder
02-14-2005, 02:53 PM
What kind of engine management and fuel system are you running? I originally had the gain turned up too high on my regulator and it would go way rich and bog under boost.

Snafu
02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah man, we can't really diagnose the problem by shooting in the dark. Let us know your setup and we can help.

celica_guy
02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
well i have 3sgte injectors, going to get a fuel reg..and yeah thats that. what do you think i should do.

Todd
02-14-2005, 05:22 PM
3sgte injectors dont do it (i know)...wrong impedance, wrong feed. (i think)
get supra injectros...mk iii light green tops.
better yet, read some injector threads here and at www.mr2oc.com .
i hope you have a 3sgte 2 bar map sensor also or the ECU will freak when it sees boost.

tell us more abuot your setup. A LOT more. how are you running 5lbs when a stock ct26 wastegate is set to 8ish...are u using a ct26?
give us more info man :)

Snafu
02-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Well, Todd hit it on the nose man. You ECU is freak'n out when it sees boost, it's not supposed to. Your injectors are wrong, so I think that's your problem.

celica_guy
02-15-2005, 02:51 AM
well im useing a t-25 off a saab turbo. also i custom the turbo manifold and down pipe. i think you guys are right about the ecu freaking out. also yeah ill look up the fuel injectors. what esle should you think i should do. the engine could handle the turbo i spool quicker then a ct-26. cause the turbo is smaller. would the 2 bar map sensor fit in my 5sfte. i haven't got time to look up the tech info on that so yeah the two bar map sensor will work.

90CelicaST
02-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Haha, you said "boogs."...Newb

Hooligan
02-15-2005, 03:30 AM
If you cannot find the 3SGTE 2 bar MAP sensor (which is probably the case), you can use check valves to bleed the excess pressure off of the vacuum line before the sensor sees it. You will want to be doing something for your fueling though (regulator at a MINIMUM).

mikeswickednick
02-15-2005, 05:49 AM

was that really needed?

CelicaGT4
02-15-2005, 06:08 AM
would 7mgte injectors work with his setup? If so I have 4 of them you can have!

celica_guy
02-15-2005, 02:29 PM
yeah ill try to find the 2-bar map sensor. but if the 7mgte injectors works yeah i dont mine taking them off your hand celicagt4. how would i custom make the check valve hooligan give me a idea of how to make it then yeah ill probaby figure it out, but before i do that let me go find a 2 bar map sensor

Snafu
02-15-2005, 02:38 PM
No, 7mgte injectors will not work, UNLESS you wire in a 10W 10ohm resistor into each injector, or hook up a resistor box. They are a low impedence injector. Not sure if they are top feed or not.

A check valve can be bought at a fishing supply store, believe it or not. However, the way you're controlling fuel, I wouldn't use it. Basically, a map sensor reads anywhere from 0-5 volts, depending. If you have a 1 bar map sensor (like most na cars do), then that 1 bar ranges between the 0-5v. If you use a 2 bar map sensor, and boost let's say... 8 psi, you're utalizing roughly 1.54 bar, and the voltage would be close to 3.85. Along with larger injectors, you're basically tricking the ecu into fueling it close to what it should be. Now, I haven't tested the voltage on a map sensor, so I'm not 100% on my figures, but I posted them to just show you how it all works.

Now, if you use a check valve, you're going to run VERY rich when you're not in boost. VERY rich.

Snafu
02-15-2005, 02:40 PM

Totally un-called for. That contributed nothing to this post, and as far as I'm concerned, you haven't been on this forum very long either. :thumbsdow

celica_guy
02-16-2005, 02:27 PM
alright that very nice to know. alright i guess ill just have to find a 2 bar map sensor. and maybe 380 or 410 injectors. does camry v6 injectors work? if they do then that would be easy to get, but the 2 bar map sensor thats going to be stressfull. not very often you find one like that in minnesota. any more info i need to know.

ChrisD
02-16-2005, 05:03 PM
alright that very nice to know. alright i guess ill just have to find a 2 bar map sensor. and maybe 380 or 410 injectors. does camry v6 injectors work? if they do then that would be easy to get, but the 2 bar map sensor thats going to be stressfull. not very often you find one like that in minnesota. any more info i need to know.

You can order one from summitracing.com . I'm not sure about the camry injectors...

fiveSFE
02-19-2005, 10:04 PM
the only injectors that will work without modding them are the 7mge, well at least to my knowledge

Snafu
02-20-2005, 06:17 AM
There are many, as long as they're high impedence, top feed.