PDA

View Full Version : st165 Head 3sfe block

Thrill
09-20-2007, 09:42 PM
hello people once again i have another question, ive seen posts about a 3sgte head and a 5sfe block and im wondering if its possible with the 3sfe block. also, would i need the st165 ecu? and would it require me to swap out my tranny or can my automatic hold it a low amount of boost for now? i think that the ct26 is low enough for it to handle it but just wanna be sure. for now this is a better way of me getting boost without spending an asswad of cash. all info is great, thx

Thrill
09-21-2007, 12:06 AM
bump. tryin to get some love

MrWOT
09-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Compare the head gaskets, and realize you will need all the 1g 3sgte timing equipment.

Murgatroy
09-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Yes you can put a 3SGTE head on your 3SFE block. You would require a 3SGTE ECU though.

If you use a 1rst gen 3SGTE head, you would want the 1rst Gen ECU, 2nd Gen head = 2nd Gen ECU, ect...

It would be the same level of difficulty as swapping the entire 3SGTE, but you would be using the weaker block that most likely has a much higher compression ratio than the 3SGTE block that is designed for the boost.

You would also be able to retain your auto tranny, since it is already mated to the 3SFE, however, it would be taking the abuse of double the intended output. It would break. I have known of only one person to stick with an auto tranny after a 3SGTE swap, and it didn't last.

Mafix
09-21-2007, 04:34 PM
could i ask why? just swap the whole damn thing. if you build what you are talking about i give it a week before you detonate the bottom end.