PDA

View Full Version : arrghhhhh at shift cables....

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
09-17-2007, 11:15 PM
so today went back to the junk yard for my second trip and still no cables...kinda angry but today i got much further in progress than i did yesterday, thats for sure, all i gotta do now is go back once more tomorrow and pry those suckers outa the firewall....thats the only thing i had to do and couldnt get to them, and was so dirty down there that i wasnt able to see how they came out until i got home to look at mine, so now i know how to get them out...but i think im just gonna drill holes all round exit hole and jam out a bigger hole so i can get them out easily...well thats that for now...more tomorrow when i actually get them out...

Sean
09-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I've done it, it sure is a pain with the engine in the car!

Get a TINY TINY philips screw driver for that inside boot. They have those little finger ones that are perfect for it.

Then from the engine bay, you have two 10mm nuts to unscrew but the power steering rack is sort of in the way. Then just pull the cables out :)

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
09-18-2007, 04:37 AM
k thanks...on the GT in the yard its so dirty and muddy down there i cant see crap but on my car its basically clean so i can see in my head and know what you are talking about..cool thanks....but as for the GT in the yard, im just gonna drill holes round it if i can reach back there, then just knock out a bigger hole if you know what i mean...

donteatbugs
09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
its gonna be kinda hard drilling through the metal plate on the engine side. i know what you mean about working on junkyard cars though. i like geting my parts as fast as possible. i had to do my big shift cable about a year ago. took me 3 days working about 2hrs a day. mostly because it was so frustrating.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
09-18-2007, 07:20 PM
ya, thats exactly what i have done