PDA

View Full Version : Out with the Old in with the New? *PICS*

bloodredgt
09-17-2007, 03:51 AM
So I have the handle "bloodredgt" because I had a Red 5 speed GT coupe. It died so I picked up another 5th gen and upgraded to a White 5 speed GT-S hatchback. Here's some pictures:

The old red GT:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/coreanguy86/P3030125.jpg

The new white GT-S when I got it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/coreanguy86/P1010949.jpg

The new white GT-S now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/coreanguy86/IMG0104A.jpg

I'll probably end up posting pictures after I detail it and get some spacers for the rear. Just wanted to let the celica world know of the change! Comment away. (btw I didn't realize how much sexier the HB GT-S was until I saw the two cars side by side in the garage)

Maleek
09-17-2007, 04:27 AM
Nice car, so whats gonna happen to the coupe?

vip09
09-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Your GT-S has a GT front bumper. :)

Looks great though. Get that hood painted!

Cavanagh
09-17-2007, 04:38 AM
Nice, glad you got another Celica, any plans for it?

Ads28
09-17-2007, 04:42 AM
very nice looks clean:)...i LOVE those 7th gen wheels on there..makes me want to get a set real bad now

celicaGT90_05
09-17-2007, 05:04 AM
I dont like white on cars usually but it looks good, I still prefer the red one but also prefer the hatch haha

Ricksta
09-17-2007, 05:09 AM

yea dood get a gts bumper foo!

trumanpriest
09-17-2007, 05:16 AM
He's got a GT-S bumper it's just from 90 or 91. Those years the bumpers were kinda weak. That's why I went to a RC bumper on my 90 GT-S.
STOCK PHOTO 1990 GT-S (http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Photos.aspx?ManufacturerId=49&YearId=1990&VehicleClass=UsedCar&VehicleId=OS8xOC8yMDA3fDEzMTU3&PriceType=Private+Party&ModelId=302&Mileage=1000&SelectionHistory=13157%7c4168%7c64055%7c0%7c0%7c&Condition=Excellent)

I went from a GT-Coupe to a GT-S myself and it is amazing how much sportier the GT-S looks after owning a coupe. It's a good looking car man.

Sean
09-17-2007, 07:26 AM
You guys are smoking something :hehe:

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/2/DSC027011.jpg

I'm going to have to sticky this thread for the GT owners, pertaining to the comment of sexy :)

Who doesnt like a little curves here and there!

Congrats!

celica91gts
09-17-2007, 09:00 AM

it does? my gts has that same bumper, i thoguht all celicas 90-91 had that bumper except the all trac

1990CelicaGT-S
09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Looks good, I like the 7th gen wheels on there too.

andy
09-17-2007, 02:19 PM
better man! nice lookin gts you got theree.

celicatrd93
09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
looks nice, nice upgrade. see you already started modding, and my old 91 gts had the same bumper too, so like sean said what are you guys smoking?

vip09
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
oops, my bad. :smokin:

I'm no 5th gen styling expert.. :brick:

Sweet car!

Cavanagh
09-17-2007, 09:53 PM
I personally like it more that the gts/alltrac bumper. :saythat:

extremeskillz
09-17-2007, 09:55 PM
YEa def looks good. Keep it up.

bloodredgt
09-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Planning on junking the GT coupe. The engine is already torn down and the interior has been ripped apart. It has some parts in good condition though. Just kinda lazy to take them off. You guys can request parts you need and I'll see if I can get them to you for a low price.

Only plans for the GT-S are spacers for the rear and a TWM shortshifter. Maybe an aftermarket steering wheel. But that's about it. Just need to have the car get me through college. Then I'll upgrade to another platform in the Toyota family of course.

Sean
09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh man, is that difficult? Tearing the other one apart :(

Sean
09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
oops, my bad. :smokin:

I'm no 5th gen styling expert.. :brick:

Sweet car!

NOOB :lolhittin

Playfortoday
09-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Nice, but the hood really needs some paint. All white with a black hood looks like you have unpainted factory replacement hood.

Also, proposing insta-bannings on anyone that ever comments on trim styling and option and engine differences between the years. The exception an elected panel of Celicatech board members who really know the differences. :hehe: I think our last STX thread went through two pages of speculations and arguments until someone who knew the correct answers found it and straightened everyone out. Then again, it gets fun sometimes, so maybe we leave it alone for the entertainment value.

(I am just kidding. It is confusing and hard to learn at first. But a good rule of thumb to prevent us from having to retype a huge list or correct 2 pages of misinformation, do this... If you ever have to say "I think..." in a trim and options thread, just skip posting and move on.)

2kSnakEater
09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
weird, my 90 GTS had the GTS bumper, not that GT bumper.

geebes
09-20-2007, 04:29 PM
GT bumper> GTS bumper for sho.

donteatbugs
09-21-2007, 01:09 AM
jdm gt-s bumper with the round fogs ftw

Murgatroy
09-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Nice, but the hood really needs some paint. All white with a black hood looks like you have unpainted factory replacement hood.

Also, proposing insta-bannings on anyone that ever comments on trim styling and option and engine differences between the years. The exception an elected panel of Celicatech board members who really know the differences. :hehe: I think our last STX thread went through two pages of speculations and arguments until someone who knew the correct answers found it and straightened everyone out. Then again, it gets fun sometimes, so maybe we leave it alone for the entertainment value.

(I am just kidding. It is confusing and hard to learn at first. But a good rule of thumb to prevent us from having to retype a huge list or correct 2 pages of misinformation, do this... If you ever have to say "I think..." in a trim and options thread, just skip posting and move on.)
I remember that thread. The sad part was the amount of folks that still wanted to argue with me after I tried setting them straight.

I like the GT-S. I have always liked the body lines of a GT-S and Alltrac. I like the Coupe as much, maybe slightly more, since I am biased of course. However, I just can't bring myself to think the GT hatch looks as good. I think there is way too much dead space between the hatch and the wheel well without the flare.

Bloodredgt, I am interested in a few parts, but I am worried that shipping from Cali would rape me. You got the fenders and nosepiece in the color I need...

KoreanJoey
09-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Planning on junking the GT coupe. The engine is already torn down and the interior has been ripped apart. It has some parts in good condition though. Just kinda lazy to take them off. You guys can request parts you need and I'll see if I can get them to you for a low price.

Only plans for the GT-S are spacers for the rear and a TWM shortshifter. Maybe an aftermarket steering wheel. But that's about it. Just need to have the car get me through college. Then I'll upgrade to another platform in the Toyota family of course.

I'd like the exterior trim piece behind the passenger door.

celicaGT90_05
09-21-2007, 04:26 AM
GT bumper> GTS bumper for sho.

I concure, I dont know why but I just dont care much for the GT-S/all-trac bumper