PDA

View Full Version : new owner!

Maleek
09-15-2007, 09:23 PM
after years and years of eyeing 5th gen celica's, my dream finally came through today. Sure it's no altrac, or anything, but its all MINE! :laugh: . Anyway its a white '90 gt 5spd. It's at a garage right now getting fixed up and road worthy so no pictures :( but as soon as its back in my hands ill get some up! Hopefully sometime in the future i can source a half clip and swap a 3sgte in!

Ghosty
09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
after years and years of eyeing 5th gen celica's, my dream finally came through today. Sure it's no altrac, or anything, but its all MINE! :laugh: . Anyway its a white '90 gt 5spd. It's at a garage right now getting fixed up and road worthy so no pictures :( but as soon as its back in my hands ill get some up! Hopefully sometime in the future i can source a half clip and swap a 3sgte in!

Congratulations on your purchase!

If you're like most everyone on this forum, you're going to really love that car. Don't be surprised if you hold on to it for many, many years, and still love it.

What is your car in the shop for?

Maleek
09-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Well i live in canada. And in my province it has to have a saftey to be put on the road. It's basically a test to make sure your car won't fall apart on the road. It needs some work, theres a whole in the frame and in the floor pan, i havent seen them yet so im not sure how big they are, im hoping its not too bad, i really want 'er back soon:(

Hookecho
09-16-2007, 03:39 AM
congrats man! you just bought the worst car ever made by mexicans. jk...welcome to the site and get some pictures of that mexican space shuttle up asap.

extremeskillz
09-16-2007, 03:49 AM
lol. Welcome to c-tech.

Maleek
09-16-2007, 04:26 AM
lol mexican space shuttle....nice hahaha! What do you guys suggest for a spring strut combo, or ground controls. Even though it's almost winter time here...but it's always nice to know ahead of time. Im not looking for anything too stiff, close to stock ride, but just a little lower.

Ricksta
09-16-2007, 08:33 PM
kyb struts and eibach pro kit springs. pro kit is 1 inch drop. sportline kit is 1.5

i like the sportline kit :)

extremeskillz
09-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Which is what i have and love it. Check out my cardomain for details.

Sean
09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Welcome!

celicaGT90_05
09-17-2007, 12:09 AM
hey congradulations, as said you'll probably grow to love that car. Mine needs a lot of work but I still think its fun to drive even though I hardly get to drive her right now :(

Maleek
09-17-2007, 12:32 AM
thanks for the warm welcomes. After my tune up is all done, what do you guys suggest for mods, i know the 5sfe can't handle boost, well not made for boost i should say. Maybe a full exhaust? Anybody have a pascetter header? Also, im going to need a new clutch, what do you guys suggest for daily driving? Thanks for putting up with the newb questions.

The Captain
09-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Welcome to the forum. Use the search option and you should find answers to all your questions. If not, post a thread. Congrats.

Slider
09-17-2007, 01:41 AM
thanks for the warm welcomes. After my tune up is all done, what do you guys suggest for mods, i know the 5sfe can't handle boost, well not made for boost i should say. Maybe a full exhaust? Anybody have a pascetter header? Also, im going to need a new clutch, what do you guys suggest for daily driving? Thanks for putting up with the newb questions.

If you really want some extra power, go for intake, 98 camry header, highflow cat, and 2.25" mandrel bent piping with a resonator and muffler. Than get a SAFC and get it tuned. If you're planning on getting a 3S-GTE later on, I would just save your money instead of putting it in the 5S-FE as the exhaust stuff will need to change for the 3s-gte as turbo cars prefer larger diameter exhaust. If I were in your shoes I would do some suspension work if your still on the OEM suspension, nice springs like Eibach pro-kit or H&R with KYB GR2 shocks along with new strut mounts. You can also upgrade the sway bars along with polyurethane suspension bushings. After that you will have a handling machine and when you swap in a 3s-gte you won't have to worry about that stuff.

Just a suggestion, that's what I would do if I were in your shoes :wiggle: But it's your car so you decide what is the best for you.

celicaGT90_05
09-17-2007, 01:48 AM
though, be warned if you stiffen up your suspension as he suggests, your ride quality will go away

Maleek
09-17-2007, 02:14 AM
3sgte is on the to do list, but not for another 3 years or so, as im in highschool and need something to get back and forth. So i might do those mods u suggested. Safc? what is that.... im soooooooo new to these things:(

If you really want some extra power, go for intake, 98 camry header, highflow cat, and 2.25" mandrel bent piping with a resonator and muffler. Than get a SAFC and get it tuned. If you're planning on getting a 3S-GTE later on, I would just save your money instead of putting it in the 5S-FE as the exhaust stuff will need to change for the 3s-gte as turbo cars prefer larger diameter exhaust. If I were in your shoes I would do some suspension work if your still on the OEM suspension, nice springs like Eibach pro-kit or H&R with KYB GR2 shocks along with new strut mounts. You can also upgrade the sway bars along with polyurethane suspension bushings. After that you will have a handling machine and when you swap in a 3s-gte you won't have to worry about that stuff.

Just a suggestion, that's what I would do if I were in your shoes :wiggle: But it's your car so you decide what is the best for you.

Sean
09-17-2007, 02:42 AM
I did mine in HS and got back and forth... I've been back and forth in HS, in Undergrad, and now in Grad school with less then a year to go...

You can do it!@!

Slider
09-17-2007, 03:09 AM
3sgte is on the to do list, but not for another 3 years or so, as im in highschool and need something to get back and forth. So i might do those mods u suggested. Safc? what is that.... im soooooooo new to these things:(

SAFC is a tuning device made by Apexi, you can add fuel at various RPM ranges. Of course you would need to go to get it tuned. The 5sfe runs rich in the higher RPM ranges, so by leaning it out a little you gain some power. To know how much fuel to add or take you would need a wideband o2 sensor or just take it to a dyno shop and they can tune it there. Here's an example: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=127772&postcount=24

Of course for each engine the adjustments will be a little different so it's best to get it tuned at a dyno shop.

1990CelicaGT-S
09-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Where are you from in Canada Maleek? Welcome to CTech!

Maleek
09-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Winnipeg, manitoba and thanks for the welcome:)

Where are you from in Canada Maleek? Welcome to CTech!